Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards hill Climb Challenge: 05/11/11 Start 09:00

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

That photo certainly wasn't staged, Cram Cycle can testify that I went up the road ahead of him and he overtook me near Mt. Venus Road.

Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies*

50g plain chocolate
    110g unsalted butter
    50g sugar
    175g plain flour

Filling
    75g plain, milk or white chocolate

Method
    1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of hot water let cool.
    2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the melted chocolate, then the flour and mix to form a smooth dough. Chill for 30 minutes (I skipped this step, didn't make a difference)
    3. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Shape the dough into 2.5cm balls (size of a walnut) and arrange well spaced on the baking sheet . Press your thumb into the centre of each ball to form a well.
    4. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
    5. For the filling, melt the chocolate, spoon or pipe into the centre of the cookies and let set.

You can use peanut butter instead of the chocolate in the biscuit mix.

Taken from "Cookies Galore", Jacqueline Bellefontaine, MQ Publications 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I forgot to thank whoever was taking the photos, they look great!

Also, to Greyspoke, were you on the singlespeed white Lansgter? If so then your good time is even more impressive than it appears initially. Even with an additional 21 gears to choose from I couldn't get close to your time!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Slieve Mann
    That photo certainly wasn't staged, Cram Cycle can testify that I went up the road ahead of him and he overtook me near Mt. Venus Road.

You took off a minute before me but it took me ages to catch up to you, I honestly thought that until I caught you at that turn there was a good chance you'd beat me to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Looked like good craic, super morning for it, love the photos, only recognised a few faces, group shots are great....

DSC_0884.JPG

DSC_0881.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

sorry i missed out on this, did the climb on sunday and went up as far as sally gap legs where good and wasnt passed out and passed a few which is good sign, punctures on decent down on the backroad which was pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

doozerie wrote: »
    I forgot to thank whoever was taking the photos, they look great!

Also, to Greyspoke, were you on the singlespeed white Lansgter? If so then your good time is even more impressive than it appears initially. Even with an additional 21 gears to choose from I couldn't get close to your time!
    +1 on the photos too!
    Yep, that was me and my trusty white Langster, 42-16 gearing which gets a bit heavy going in places but it's so light without all those extra gears!!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Just want to add my thanks to Cram & g0g for putting in the time and effort into organising this, and also thanks to the generous prize donors and tea/coffee/cookie bringers.

Headed off with Mahoo after it, for a SG-Laragh-Roundwood-SG loop and then home via Stocking lane. Thanks Mahoo for a great spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Looks like someone created a Strava segment

Advertisement