Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards hill Climb Challenge: 05/11/11 Start 09:00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Love to give it a go, can make both days but Saturday would be better for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Slieve Mann
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents.

A lot of clubs do their weekly training run on a Sunday, would it not make more sense to have this on the 5th, then people can do this and still do their club run.

You are right but it is whatever day gets the most votes, this almost a democracy, at the minute its pretty much neck and neck. I'll call it Monday evening so people can make there plans, if it is still neck and neck I will make the call. If you can make the two days, please do not say that, state the day you would prefer, if it doesn't come up you can still come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

I'm in, might prefer the 6th over 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

5th for me

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Won't be around next week but 15.32 into a headwind for me this morning and i was wrecked! Was up to 19mins on my first attempt as I got caught behind a convoy of nervous young horses and riders so turned around and did it again... the warm up made a world of difference

• Advertisement

Won't be around next week but 15.32 into a headwind for me this morning and i was wrecked! Was up to 19mins on my first attempt as I got caught behind a convoy of nervous young horses and riders so turned around and did it again... the warm up made a world of difference

Good time not easy is it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

CramCycle wrote: »
    No idea what my own time is/will be but I know I can pull off an average of 15kph, so I'm calling mine at 20 minutes, its only 4.5kph, and hearing the talk from some, 10 minutes will mean a speed of 27kph, tough but not impossible.
    I was overestimated 20 minutes tbh, I was probably thinking more from the very bottom.
    The best time will probably be in the region of 13-15 mins, obviously depends on who comes :)

Went up it today, road surface is fine, there are no new potholes. Descent is OK too, just one straight section covered in sand and gravel, but nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Stocking Lane
    Did it a few times this morning. My fastest time was 16:56. Ten whole seconds behind Seamus according to Strava :D

Interestingly that was on my second go. Wasn't much fun the third time.
    Maybe not having a hangover next week will make it easier? (suspect not).

seamus wrote: »
    I was overestimated 20 minutes tbh, I was probably thinking more from the very bottom.
    The best time will probably be in the region of 13-15 mins, obviously depends on who comes :)

Went up it today, road surface is fine, there are no new potholes. Descent is OK too, just one straight section covered in sand and gravel, but nothing major.

So how did you do today and by the way I clocked it at 4.2km am I wrong :o

Carpenter wrote: »
    seamus wrote: »

So how did you do today and by the way I clocked it at 4.2km am I wrong :o
    16:44 or something, it's up on strava. That's fresh out on the road after a five minute warm up. I reckon if I went all out I could knock 45 seconds off, but I'll probably puke at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Did this in 17:36 today and was knackered.
    will do this if its on the 5th, club spin on the 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

sunday suits for mes resting on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

I'd be up for doing this on the 5th, with an early start if possible! (8 or 9am)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭maloner

I'd be game for the 5th.

Any chance of getting a poll going for the date and time?
    I'd like to know if I can do it or not, but it depends on what day it's on!

Stocking Lane
    Bump

Saturday or Sunday? CramCycle to call it.

Slieve Mann
    Moflojo wrote: »
    Any chance of getting a poll going for the date and time?
    I'd like to know if I can do it or not, but it depends on what day it's on!

What day do you want it?

I'll be calling it at 7 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g0g

Slieve Mann
    Sunday morning early!

Stocking Lane
    +1 Sunday Early

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

+2 sunday early

• Advertisement

I'd prefer Saturday tbh cos then I could go on a club spin on Sunday. But if people fancy going for a spin after this on Sunday, then Sunday works for me.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Probably fighting a losing battle but..Saturday morning best for me

Slieve Mann
    Counted up all the votes and the winner, at 8 votes to 5 is:
    Saturday morning at 9am

Sorry to all those who did not get what they wanted but hey, that's life!

Prizes so far for the day are as follows:

A bidon (second hand)
    A fizzy drink
    A mystery special prize :eek:

Tea and Coffee for all entrants, possibly biscuits if I do not eat them on Friday night!

If anyone wants to donate more please copy and paste the list

A bidon (second hand)
    A fizzy drink
    A mystery special prize
    A bottle of Jameson whiskey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Why the spoiler?

Slieve Mann
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Why the spoiler?

It's difficult (but not impossible) to raise suspense on an online forum, my other option was:

followed by a long gap and then the result!

but the former was easier and slightly less annoying in my eyes.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Saturday morning at 9am

Perfect, I'm in! Guess I'll have to break out the ol' bike, dust it down, make sure it's still working...

(Sandbagging is required prior to taking part in this event, right?)

Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

This is close to where I live so I plan to pop along for this too. My missus plans to bring our daughter in her trailer/throne too - might be useful having a toddler along, you never know when you'll need someone to take charge and as a 2.5yr-old she spends almost all of her waking time acting the boss so she's practically a professional giver of orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g0g

Slieve Mann
    Glad to see this is going ahead and Sat am is ok for me. Do we have an idea of numbers?

Is my offer of help with finish/timing any use or are there enough organisers already? I'd be happy to help but no point in having a heap of us to organise something that might only need one person!

Cramcycle you're the main organiser (!!!) so maybe PM and let me know whatever I can do to help if you need!

• Advertisement

Yep and where can I drop of this bottle of Jameson whiskey because I would look sweet going down the road with it sticking out

Advertisement