Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well with the way that I have it now the bezel and the plexi are separate so if I did decide to upgrade the screen size (I really don't see the point) I can just get some new posterboard, which isn't very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any of you guys ever see this arcade PCB seller on ebay? Called Arcade Tower.

Some of his stuff can be expensive, but it's interesting for a browse. Best selection of PCBs I've seen for sale anywhere. Some really lovely kits.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ssn=arcadetower&_sop=3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Wow some pricey stuff there alright !!

Master of the Universe

Yeah, a lot of it is high tier stuff only lunatic collectors with deep pockets would buy.

First time I've even seen a complete Batrider kit. Nice to drool over :D

Some of his lots can be good value, but as they're lots they're still always expensive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah, a lot of it is high tier stuff only lunatic collectors with deep pockets would buy.

First time I've even seen a complete Batrider kit. Nice to drool over :D

Some of his lots can be good value, but as they're lots they're still always expensive.

I'm pretty sure that seller is the infamous stv/Steve/japandealer mentioned over on AO and shmups. Hoovers up Yahoo JP auctions, adds on a premium and sells on. Was also involved in faking Cave boxes or something like that (allegedly)? There was some scandal over boxes anyway.

£200 for PS2 Ibara! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »

And to think there was someone selling that on the A&R Marketplace for €100, since withdrawn... ;)

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that seller is the infamous stv/Steve/japandealer mentioned over on AO and shmups. Hoovers up Yahoo JP auctions, adds on a premium and sells on. Was also involved in faking Cave boxes or something like that (allegedly)? There was some scandal over boxes anyway.

What a dickish thing to do. Where there's a community there's always someone trying to exploit it, eh?

Edit - had a read through some of the threads about him. That guy is a grade A bastard!

Hoovering up PCBs for stock is one thing, but he does something far far worse...

If he isn't going to win the Yahoo J auction, he makes sure you at least pay a premium for the game yourself.

To do this, he has two accounts.

1 account he outbids your highest bid on (to see what it is) - he then retracts this bid.

With the second account he comes in and bids 10 yen under your highest offer to shill the auction price up as high and as expensive as he can make it for you.

So you basically never get a bargain.

Master of the Universe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What a dickish thing to do. Where there's a community there's always someone trying to exploit it, eh?

Edit - had a read through some of the threads about him. That guy is a grade A bastard!

Hoovering up PCBs for stock is one thing, but he does something far far worse...

If he isn't going to win the Yahoo J auction, he makes sure you at least pay a premium for the game yourself.

To do this, he has two accounts.

1 account he outbids your highest bid on (to see what it is) - he then retracts this bid.

With the second account he comes in and bids 10 yen under your highest offer to shill the auction price up as high and as expensive as he can make it for you.

So you basically never get a bargain.

Nice chap alright. :pac:

I remember Casey saying he lost out on an auction to him also. Luckily the only thing I ever bought from him were Yen coins. That was before all the deviousness came to light. Wouldn't give him a cent these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Anyone read about the cave drivers being reinstated in Mame 152?

Anyone tested them etc?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

What looks nicer than a Donkey Kong cab?

A whole line of Nintendo cabs! Never realized how gorgeous these look together.

05WulBk.jpg

Now that's got to a whole lot prettier than a line of candies any day :)

Master of the Universe

Now that's got to a whole lot prettier than a line of candies any day :)

It sure is special alright, still doesn't beat a line of vintage metal candy cabs though ;)

WTF

20131209201249-AsPiC-ASEGA1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Those Ninty cabs lined up just sum up everything glorious about an arcade :cool: A line of Candies is as nice, in a different kinda way...but those look truly gorgeous

Is that Nintendo pic from the UK?
    I think thats they guy im getting some parts offs collection.
    He has another restoration in the works

Anyone read about the cave drivers being reinstated in Mame 152?

Anyone tested them etc?

Do-Don-Pachi Dai-Fukkatsu working in latest mame build.

It sure is special alright, still doesn't beat a line of vintage metal candy cabs though ;)

WTF

20131209201249-AsPiC-ASEGA1.jpg

AHHH! WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Achilles wrote: »
    AHHH! WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY?!

Wow, wonder how far forward the seat would go? Would it be comfortable or would you be sitting forward all the time? :)

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Wow, wonder how far forward the seat would go? Would it be comfortable or would you be sitting forward all the time? :)

I think you'd end up with a broken back trying to play that after a while.

Hey guys. Just posted this over on AO also. Thought it very interesting.

Trawling the net and I came across this image of the atomiswave one player panel. In place of the card reader is a flat metal panel with the Atomiswave logo engraved on it.

aouBb.jpg

Anyone ever seen this before or have any info on it.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Look who I caught enjoying herself... playing a videogame no less!

1604652_10203195158142578_1912771193_n.jpg

I'm picking up a 20" philips 4:3 CRT later for free.
    Going to give try hook it up to a jamma harness for the ****z and giggles.It might be ok!
    Also working on fixing the last Polo chassis I have.
    Ordered a few transistors for it from RS.
    hopefully it doesn't need a lopt as there 35e

Monitors going to be for the DK build so hopefully the Polo come right

urbanledge wrote: »
    I'm picking up a 20" philips 4:3 CRT later for free.
    Going to give try hook it up to a jamma harness for the ****z and giggles.It might be ok!
    Also working on fixing the last Polo chassis I have.
    Ordered a few transistors for it from RS.
    hopefully it doesn't need a lopt as there 35e

Monitors going to be for the DK build so hopefully the Polo come right

The RGB levels will be too high coming off the jamma loom for the TV's SCART input. Run them thru a 500ohm pot and put a 1K resistor in series with composite sync and it should work grand. Don't forget the 3v for the RGB blanking as well.

Oh the audio levels will be way to high so they need to be reduced as well. Ah just buy a decent supergun instead ;)

I was just going to follow this drawing
    jamma2euro.gif

I think i have some 1k pots lying around waiting to be used!

I was just going to follow this drawing
    jamma2euro.gif

I think i have some 1k pots lying around waiting to be used!

Yep that'll work fine but the video but don't connect up the audio like that - its way wrong.

Master of the Universe

Trawling the net and I came across this image of the atomiswave one player panel. In place of the card reader is a flat metal panel with the Atomiswave logo engraved on it
    Thanks

That looks really slick! Nice solution to removing the card reader.

Can't say I've seen one anywhere before, I wonder is it a home mod job?

Where's the photo from? Is it a hacking website or an official photo?

I think it's a genuine stock part . That photo was taken from an article written in 2004 when the AWSD was only coming out in Japan.

The photo I found was a zoom of this one.

aouB.jpg

Master of the Universe

Interesting, would definitely look nicer on a panel then that card reader.

Is that a little internet dial up device the phone is connected to?

I know some arcade games you could do that, but thought it was via an arcade network rather than your own personal one on your phone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's some snazzy threads for playing arcade games, we sure it's not Dino? That hat and cloak combo... Could it be?

Advertisement