Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of strong winds and heavy rain - Sunday the 23rd to Tuesday the 25th of October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

Has been raining non stop here in south armagh. My lane to the road seems to be flooded :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

redsunset wrote: »
    After it clears the east bit later then round 2 shapes up for tomorrow.East mostly effected.
    HIRLAM
    prec_nordeuro-21.gif

Latest NAE

11102418_2312.gif

Gfs singing from much the same hyme sheet although slighty further east with the worst.Personally i think the main event is tomorrow for eastern regions.Winds should be lighter so downpours a plenty more recognisable.

ukprec.png

EXCELLENT ...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFXvAe92GpLQmCWnjsQ8Ar4DGI3bsR7KVl1YkxZcemdpw5P6H3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

That's a serious bit of rain for the east coast tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Rain has eased here and it's actually nice and mild out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Steady heavy rain with some stronger embedded burst throughout the afternoon here in Dundalk, swore I saw a flash of lightning earlier but nothing on the detectors that I could see... looks like we're going to get it for plenty of hours yet this evening and then the front starts to arc back in over us tomorrow. Hasn't been that windy here all day but it's starting to get gusty the last hour. Rain got heavier again just as I go to submit this...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When the boat comes in I'm moving to Kent.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is that it for Galway ? Or can I expect more tomorro :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Elmo5 wrote: »
    Is the current band of rain that is over the country the end of it, or is the worst to come later on tonight?

We've only had light rain and a breeze, if that, all day.

It didn't seem light, in Celbridge, to me especially from 3pm to 6pm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Better go out and take the washin' in then.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

raning very heavily with strong winds all day in dublin since 1 or oclock, still raining heavily with strong winds:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pouring down here for the past few hours, the back garden resembles a swamp again.

Never heard of any major flooding in Letterkenny but the past couple of weeks are certainly giving the Swilly a test, will have a look at the river level in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭cwboy

just back from a drive and met a large branch covering half the road. Very strong winds now in Carlow. Still raining too.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

cwboy wrote: »
    just back from a drive and met a large branch covering half the road. Very strong winds now in Carlow. Still raining too.

yeah defo stronger winds the last 2 hours in carlow and the rain is fallin heavy enough.......any signs of any floodin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Gusting a strong gale here now....rain is coming and going in waves of intensity. Belfast looks like it's getting a right hammering of rain the past 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Really coming down here in County Derry. Very windy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭cwboy

howlinwolf wrote: »
    yeah defo stronger winds the last 2 hours in carlow and the rain is fallin heavy enough.......any signs of any floodin?

few small bits across the road but nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Steady rain here all day in Enniscorthy since around 11am with some severe downpours,the wind has risen steadily and is blowing a gale now.If this amount of rain falls over the Wicklow mountains/Carlow I expect some serious flooding here by tomorrow from the Slaney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Forum Monkey

Hope the temperatures drop fast for some snow! Bring on November!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Weather Warning

Issued at 23 October 2011 - 19:45
    Severe weather Warning update issued at 1945
    Extremely wet and windy for a time, with some further spot flooding, but conditions will improve before morning. But further pulses of heavy rain are expected to develop by Monday afternoon, with the heaviest of the rain expected in eastern coastal counties, giving some flooding in places.
    Valid from 2000 hours on Sunday 23/11/2011 until 0600 hours on Tuesday 25/10/2011

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

West Waterford/Tipp border here, a good few floods on the roads, but rain has stopped and we're left with the still very strong winds. Branches are going to be a problem allright, the roads are already littered with the smaller rotten ones. 'Tis lovely :)
    But I do have dear ones due to fly both in and out tomorrow, wondering what the roads/airport situations will be like, one headed to Cork, the other due into Dublin :rolleyes:.

Don't care about my Sky, it has been misaligned since the last hurricane remnants 2 and a half weeks ago, no TV since (!) but if my internet goes I'll be livid ! I'm a bit up high so we tend to get pretty much hit by the winds full blast. Weather station on the wish list :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Lovely autumnal night out there,wind blowing the rain hard against the window :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

22.6mm fallen so far and Winds Peaked with a Gust of 91.9km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Don't care about my Sky, it has been misaligned since the last hurricane remnants 2 and a half weeks ago, no TV since (!) but if my internet goes I'll be livid ! I'm a bit up high so we tend to get pretty much hit by the winds full blast. Weather station on the wish list :)

Tightened up my dish yesterday evening when the rain stopped,it was off slightly so todays weather would have meant no tv and no football.Glad I did it as wind and rain are lashing into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

zerks wrote: »
    Tightened up my dish yesterday evening when the rain stopped,it was off slightly so todays weather would have meant no tv and no football.Glad I did it as wind and rain are lashing into it.
    Mine was flimsy to start with, it should get fixed this week hopefully, going to have it better attached to wall, can't have that happening all winter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

23.6mm of rain so far here today and coming down very heavy at the moment. Wind has suddenly picked up here too, now gusting to 61km/hr. Website isn't updating at the moment unfortunately because of internet problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Huge gusts of wind Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

trogdor wrote: »
    23.6mm of rain so far here today and coming down very heavy at the moment.
    I've only recorded half that amount, 12mm. :confused: more or less stopped now, not half as bad as I expected but tomorrow's another day :)
    13.8c at the moment - pity July wasn't that warm !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I've only recorded half that amount, 12mm. :confused: more or less stopped now, not half as bad as I expected but tomorrow's another day :)

Rain shadow! Casement received 10 mm this afternoon, Dublin Airport only received 5 mm.

o2uqfO

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

21.2mm of rain here so far with a heavy pulse just now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Belting down here now, strong winds too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement