Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of strong winds and heavy rain - Sunday the 23rd to Tuesday the 25th of October

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

For the south west the show is nearly over while it's only beginning farther east.

trans.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

13.4mm has fallen here so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

No exceptional totals yet ? Nearly passes here .... Hopefully :) east galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Biblical rain in Kildare right now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just drove into Limerick, some of the roads are well and truly flooded now! With the leaves coming off the trees expect to see localised flooding in many areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I know Cork Airport is high up,

But stands out for its wind reading at 4pm

CORK AIRPORT S 29 Gust 56

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wicklow rain shield must be in operation as im getting hardly any precip here!

If it was snow i would be going beserk!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

15.2mm rain so far, Wind from SE Average 32km/h with a max gust of 55km/h

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Persistant rain in Castlebar all day and it has turned heavier in the past hour.Light SE'LY.10 Degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

The UK missing most of it: all the rain missing the UK: http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Have to say now.... feels alot colder than 14 o C! ... nothing special here today, thought id get some nice pics of the river tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some real gusty stuff right now. I bet I've lost me sat signal and its the last Spooks tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Raining pretty much consistently all day in celbridge. Varying between heavy showers and lighter perioda

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

63km/h gust recorded at 16.38, Max this year in Waterford City

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

After getting quite stormy over the past hour or so here and oh yea lots of rain also... It's great when we get some proper weather:D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

raining steady enough ehre in carlow for the last few hours nothin too bad really looks like we will miss some of the heavier bursts as it looks like a clearence on the way.
    WEB_radar2_201110231645.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Rain is getting bad here in Dublin North :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Rain getting heavier here but a pretty standard day really, hasn't stopped for most of October so without the weather warning I wouldn't have taken any note.

There's been flooding and burst river banks plenty of times already this month so just another day unfortunately

same here in carlow,wouldnt have known there were weather warnings out just by the weather here,dont know about the rest of the country ... a few people have said the rain was biblical where they were so its seems a bit hit and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

My weather station is being sheltered by wind breakers (trees planted to protect the farm buildings from strong winds), of all the directions the strong winds have to come from, was over from it and the wind was powerful, despite the wind breakers, the highest gust so far is 61.2km/h.

Now at 16mm of rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

snaps wrote: »
    Is the wet stuff in the fridge cooling for your day of sport:D

it's (hic) fairly cool (hic) alright especially after city ''flooded'' utd :),

anyway really heavy rain now for the last 2 hours and the wind is picking up, starting to effect the satellite :mad:, looking like a bad night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Is the current band of rain that is over the country the end of it, or is the worst to come later on tonight?

We've only had light rain and a breeze, if that, all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭cwboy

Very windy now in Carlow. good bit of rain has fallen too. Currently 14C

the radar is starting to clear from the south but if that long tail of rain continues to move north we could be in for a long nights rain.... though i have no idea if it will or wont:rolleyes:WEB_sat_ir_eur.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

That rainshadow's been doing a good job of keeping Dublin relatively dry. In the last hour, Casement had 2.6 mm while Dublin Airport had just 0.4 mm.

178987.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Power went out in parts of Athlone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Wind picked up now in celbridge. Just seems like your average stormy October weather tho tb

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Rain is now gone here in North Tipperary but it has got very windy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

My hour's storm chase in a 15 min video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7MGfI5VOU0

We had 23mm of rain and half of it fell during the filming of this vid.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

After it clears the east bit later then round 2 shapes up for tomorrow.East mostly effected.
    HIRLAM
    prec_nordeuro-21.gif

Latest NAE

11102418_2312.gif

Gfs singing from much the same hyme sheet although slighty further east with the worst.Personally i think the main event is tomorrow for eastern regions.Winds should be lighter so downpours a plenty more recognisable.

ukprec.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement