Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of strong winds and heavy rain - Sunday the 23rd to Tuesday the 25th of October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Thats what I thought...but probably more is to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

another damp squid i think lads the heaviest stuff is off to the east of us and the forecast has changed from rain staying with us through till tuesday now there sayin it will clear tonight and it will be dry tomorrow and tuesday :( just goes to show how hard it is to predict weather just 24 hours before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Only winding up for an attack.
    gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Loobz wrote: »
    It looks like most of the heavy precipitation missed us. It seems the heavy stuff is over the irish sea and Wales right now?

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

As said, look what's out there. :)
    That bit over Wales is nothing compared to what's coming.

178956.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

howlinwolf wrote: »
    another damp squid i think lads the heaviest stuff is off to the east of us and the forecast has changed from rain staying with us through till tuesday now there sayin it will clear tonight and it will be dry tomorrow and tuesday :( just goes to show how hard it is to predict weather just 24 hours before.

Squid?

• Advertisement

Squid?
    The big soaking wet squid is just tickling the Irish sea with a single tentacle. :)

:)
    The big soaking wet squid is just tickling the Irish sea with a single tentacle. :)

ha ha hope your right mate but whats more important i think is that its to push through and be gone by tonight unlike yesterdays forecast sayin it will stay till tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm confused - the current met eireann radar shows rain over all of Cork but it's dry here!

howlinwolf wrote: »
    :)

ha ha hope your right mate but whats more important i think is that its to push through and be gone by tonight unlike yesterdays forecast sayin it will stay till tuesday morning.
    True could well do, though either way it still seems likely to dump quite a bit of water.
    Although, because I spent yesterday clearing my gutters and making sure a drainage ditch out of my yard was clear, that usually means it will be quite dry :) (but it won't be).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I'm in work 6-2 today , hopefully I can cycle home without having to swim instead! Ha... Though I would love to see some really heavy rain here later!!! Ha 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm confused - the current met eireann radar shows rain over all of Cork but it's dry here!

The radar doesn't look right to me. I'd say there's a pulse of rain coming your way very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Notice the way it's veering both left and right of us, I'm putting that down to the Cork Shield :p

178960.jpg

Squid?

Yup, you say squid I say squib :D

dsmythy wrote: »
    The radar doesn't look right to me. I'd say there's a pulse of rain coming your way very soon.

That radar is useless for our purposes ~ having chased the last squall a few days ago, the thing was showing over Mallow as we drove through it not even as far as Glanmire.

PS, if you see a blob over Cork, it's already past ~ we don't get much radar warning either.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Started raining here around 10, it's getting heavy now but not much wind. My back garden is saturated from yesterday, it's like a pond now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Have a look at the latest update on aertel p161.
    WTF is that about it??
    Today is a day for torential rain, and they on about the clearance spreading from the West. What fu**ing clearance, the rain hasn't even arrived yet

aertel weather is mostly the same as met eireann weather ...there sayin the sdays forecastame heavy rain today clearin tonight .....a big change from yesterdays forcast... dont no whats goin on with the radar though,says its rainin heavy here and its only drizzleing (at best) the rain will be gone before it comes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Same here!!!

met.ie 3hour
    178961.gif

If the shield stops that I'll be highly impressed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Was really hoping there'd be a more NE movement of precip, looks like Munster is the place to be for proper heavy rain. The east just doesn't look like getting some of the predictive totals forecast, though it's early hours yet, and I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Drizzling this morning, but dry here too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Them 3 hour forecasts are generally useless. All day yesterday they showed very little rain ANYWHERE in Ireland despite a met warning being issued. Even looking at that one and the current radar I'd expect it actually to shift east in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Also, on the radio just now. "most areas remaining dry, with some showers in the north and west....."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Also, on the radio just now. "most areas remaining dry, with some showers in the north and west....."
    Whats that all about ? Was it i102104? Not the best for the weather :)

WTF? For when?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Whoever is doing the forecasts for Met Eireann today must have been on the bottle all night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Just Updated by Met Eireann

Weather Warning

Issued at 23 October 2011 - 11:00
    Severe weather Warning update issued at 1100
    Some periods of very heavy rainfall are expected from this afternoon through to Tuesday with accumulations of 40 to 70mm expected leading to some flooding in places. Heaviest rainfall expected in the coastal counties of the East where coastal flooding is expected.
    Extremely windy also today and early Monday with southeasterly gales and gusts of 80 to 110 km/hr in exposed places.
    Valid from 1100 hours on Sunday 23/11/2011 until 1200 hours on Tuesday 25/10/2011

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

was it the postman i wonder ???:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Looks like I'm swimming home from work so! 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement