Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of strong winds and heavy rain - Sunday the 23rd to Tuesday the 25th of October

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

km79 wrote: »
    Them 3 hour forecasts are generally useless. All day yesterday they showed very little rain ANYWHERE in Ireland despite a met warning being issued. Even looking at that one and the current radar I'd expect it actually to shift east in reality

Met.ie all over the shop with their forecasts. Never a big fan of rain but if we do get it, itd bettet be biblical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It hasn't even started yet for those of us in the capital. There seems to be a lot of heavy rain just coming into the radar range to the south.
    www.raintoday.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just abit of light rain here on and off, the radar what have you believe it is lashing all over the country.

The real extreme pulse of rain is yet to push into the south, so hold your judgement yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Interesting also, the latest 6z GFS throws up some very intense rain for the east Monday evening.

Rtavn364.png

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

Met Éireann has issued a weather alert countrywide for this evening and Monday.
    • Article
    • Comments (0)
    </DIV>1 of 1 0003e73a-314.jpg [URL="javascript:void(0)"][/URL][URL="javascript:void(0)"][/URL]Met Éireann has issued a weather alert countrywide for this evening and Monday

Related Stories
    Met Éireann has issued a weather alert countrywide for this evening and tomorrow.
    Heavy rain is expected leading to flooding in places.
    Met Eireann says it expects showers to develop in all areas this evening with up to 70mm of rain expected to fall between now and Tuesday morning.
    Coastal counties of Munster and Leinster are most at risk for the highest rainfall and flooding is probable in some areas.
    It will also be extremely windy - especially on Monday morning with southeasterly gales and gusts of 80km-110km an hour in exposed areas.
    Theres a gale warning in place and high winds are expected on Irish coastal waters from Fair Head to Carlingford Lough to Mizen Head and on the Irish Sea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Raining pretty steadily here in Bandon with the past hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

its drizzle here at best,its even startin to brighten up slightly,whats goin on...i no the heaviest stuff is still further but the radar is sayin that its rainin heavy enough but it aint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Just abit of light rain here on and off, the radar what have you believe it is lashing all over the country.

Eh, I think it IS raining all over the country??!!! The actual hourly totals pretty much agree with the radar colour coding.

178962.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

NAE also showing east getting a beating Monday

11102418_2306.gif

ECM showing the same.

111023_0000_42.png

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

Su Campu wrote: »
    Eh, I think it IS raining all over the country??!!! The actual hourly totals pretty much agree with the radar colour coding.

178962.PNG

fair enough its rainin but 0.1 mm here in carlow com on thats nothing what about all the warnings for floods?.....and just as i speak the drizzle stops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mamama11

:confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

raining here since 11.30, but with a day and night of sport on tele and the fire lit, bring on the rain i say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

raining away nicely coming from an Easterly direction which is unusual as normally the heavy prolonged stuff comes in off the SW..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Things getting quite damp here in W'Cork now.
    Because of the wind direction I can have my back door open to appreciate this. :)

Are you getting the good stuff too chipsdave?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

I'd say just moderate rain in Cork city at the moment. High tide will be around 3, so I'll wonder down town and see how the Lee is dong around then.

Edit: The rain now bordering on heavy. It's getting darker now too, I need the light on in the sitting room!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Been very heavy in Co. Wicklow since about 10am. Bursts of heavy rain followed by steady falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

howlinwolf wrote: »
    fair enough its rainin but 0.1 mm here in carlow com on thats nothing what about all the warnings for floods?.....and just as i speak the drizzle stops

The warning was for localised floods. Not a flood on your doorstep. Looks like you and I are both in a clearing at the moment before the next batch of the heavy stuff comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Raining moderate to heavy here in south Dublin now, just pushed a broken down car and got a right soaking in less than 5 minutes. I too have heard on the radio that the weather should be showers clearing, what are they taking out at the met these days? Better than what I'm taking anyways with that forcast!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

raining here since 11.30, but with a day and night of sport on tele and the fire lit, bring on the rain i say :)

Is the wet stuff in the fridge cooling for your day of sport:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rain is getting heavier here in Cork City now - very dark too. Meant to be a County Hurling Final in Pairc Ui Rinn today - wonder will it still go ahead cos the rain keeps getting heavier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

4.2mm rain last hour rate @10mm/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

The heavy stuff well spread over the south west at this stage. The clearance over parts of the east and south east quite clear too.
    Rainfallradar1-30.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Bucketing down now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Heavy rain now in Cork bang on queue with beeb's rainfall predictor
    Aren't we lucky the UK Met office show an interest in our weather over here!!
    Met Eireann as per usual playing catch up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Continuous here now, some heavy spells mixed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Been raining pretty consistently all day in Celbridge. Have needed the sitting room light on constantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

HOMES! :D.... Sits down opens laptop ... looks at radar....

................... :eek::eek::eek:

hahaha.... Dare i say... " Imagine this was SNOW people!?! " hehehe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

8.0mm at Sherkin Island on the latest 2pm reports, this brings its 2 hour total up to 13mm.

6.6mm at Cork Apt and 5.5mm at Roches Point.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Aren't we lucky the UK Met office show an interest in our weather over here!!
    Met Eireann as per usual playing catch up

Emmm...ME have had a warning out, and they've been talking about large rain totals all weekend. There 3 hour predictive thing had the large blob too...So...what are you talking about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement