Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of strong winds and heavy rain - Sunday the 23rd to Tuesday the 25th of October

Options

Comments

Su Campu wrote: »
    A landslide has blocked the road between Killarney and Dingle this morning.

This got a mention on RSOE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Just Issued by met eireann
    Weather Warning

Issued at 22 October 2011 - 15:58
    Severe Weather Warning
    Severe weather warning issued at 1500hrs Saturday 22/10/2011

Some periods of very heavy rainfall are expected over the country from Sunday through to late Monday night or early Tuesday with accumulations of 40 to 70mm expected leading to flooding in places. Coastal counties of Munster and Leinster are most at risk for the highest rainfall. Extremely windy also later Sunday and early Monday with southeasterly gales and gusts of 80 to 110km/hr in exposed places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭irishgeo

if it rains any more in Mayo , ill have a impromptu swimming pool in my back garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishmarinelife

Some rain here in the morning, but for a change, West Mayo missed almost all of that rain lump all day as it moved northwards, sun was even out for a few hours:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Finally stopped here, just in time for the sun setting :rolleyes:

Next band due tomorrow morning and raining constantly for 24 hours through to Monday morning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Gotta love irish weather.

Sum up irish weather in 2 words: Grey nothingness:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Gotta love irish weather.

Sum up irish weather in 2 words: Grey nothingness:mad:

Yes - our climate is rarely dangerous but it is oppressive:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Rainwise tomorrow's system looks quite vicious!
    Some areas could see 4 inches over a 24hour period I would have thought.
    Met Eireann share the view and early warnings are indeed justified.
    One to watch especially for the South coast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

how much rain will dublin get tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

The NAE showing some very high rainfall totals.

RainTotal.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

seems from the met eireann warnings the most at risk places are munster and leinster ....at the mo ....they just finished the flood defences here in carlow town .....the barrow floods nearly every year here , this will be its first real test , it looks the part,hope it works the part too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

BBC's predictive rainfall sequence has an awful lot of bright yellow over much of the midlands and east from tomorrow morning till late monday. Great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Wertz wrote: »
    BBC's predictive rainfall sequence has an awful lot of bright yellow over much of the midlands and east from tomorrow morning till late monday. Great...

and from light green to whites for the south tomorrow afternoon:

178924.JPG
    most intense blob seems to correspond with the triple point which is forecast to be roughly in the vicinity of that area around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

What direction is that blob going to move :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

km79 wrote: »
    What direction is that blob going to move :(

Rain bands will most likely move from south to north throughout tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hopefully in a NE direction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

if this keeps up there will be only one british isle. never thought we were one anyhow. so feck ye england wer going to sink to begrudge ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Never seen such heavy ppn on a beeb chart below.
    If only it was snow:D

Flooding issues look a cert tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Will we get an end of the month storm just to cap off all the wet stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

and from light green to whites for the south tomorrow afternoon:

178924.JPG
    most intense blob seems to correspond with the triple point which is forecast to be roughly in the vicinity of that area around that time.

I guarantee you it won't happen. Says he smugly as he charges up the batteries for his waterproof cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Going to be some really heavy rain tomorrow and coupled with very strong winds in the east.

Going to be a truly brutal day from late morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I hope everyone planning to hike tomorrow in the east and south of the country is aware of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Parts of south and west Dublin could be in a rain shadow though, so it'll be interesting to see if there's a major difference between Casement and Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

I hope everyone planning to hike tomorrow in the east and south of the country is aware of this.

Your sarcasm doesn't fool us! And yes, unluckily for you, met eireann have had the warning out to us non stoney walled mud hut dwellers for a good few hours now. It's all over the papers and the TV over here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

my u16 team have a match in dunboyne at 12 tomorrow,should be fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Su Campu wrote: »
    Parts of south and west Dublin could be in a rain shadow though, so it'll be interesting to see if there's a major difference between Casement and Dublin Airport.

It will be very interesting here, usually bang on in the middle of the rain shadow from the usual SW'erlies and their associated rainbands. Different setup tomorrow though with the SE winds and a lot of precip on the models. I predict something really wet and floody happening somewhere between arklow and dundalk :cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm currently a bit worried about the precipitation to come. I live near the Shannon and was out looking at the water levels this evening. The lower pier is already completely submerged. Will keep monitoring the situation and provide some photos of any developments. Might have to get the sandbags out :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rougies wrote: »
    It will be very interesting here, usually bang on in the middle of the rain shadow from the usual SW'erlies and their associated rainbands. Different setup tomorrow though with the SE winds and a lot of precip on the models. I predict something really wet and floody happening somewhere between arklow and dundalk :cool:

Indeed, I tend to get a soaking here with winds from SE (to E).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

It looks like most of the heavy precipitation missed us. It seems the heavy stuff is over the irish sea and Wales right now?

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Loobz wrote: »
    It looks like most of the heavy precipitation missed us. It seems the heavy stuff is over the irish sea and Wales right now?

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

No there's plenty more to come.
    http://www.sat24.com/en/eu?ir=true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement