Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Raoul wrote: »
    Don't forget to look at the keepers and make sure everyone has set theirs Commish! Had a disaster last week in a keeper league where the first two rounds were for people who didn't pick keepers. :/

Is that not allowed? I know it happened last year, but do we want to outlaw it this year? I'd completely forgotten.

Some people have only picked 2/3 keepers so looks like they wanted to take advantage of this. Discuss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Is that not allowed? I know it happened last year, but do we want to outlaw it this year? I'd completely forgotten.

Some people have only picked 2/3 keepers so looks like they wanted to take advantage of this. Discuss?

You dont have to keep all 4 guys if you dont want to. I dont think we should force people to keep players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I've only got 3 players worth keeping, and that's all I am keeping. On the league home page it says that "you can keep 4 players," not that "you have to..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'm only keeping 2 at this rate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm only keeping 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ah feck that. I have 4 locked in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Ah feck too, there's no way i'd keep 4 if I knew you'd get an earlier pick

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Something very wrong looking about this draft too. Only showing a few people to pick in early rounds but nobody else?

Also I've only two keepers but am only showing once in the first couple of rounds.

Yeah, we did a draft last week and we had no idea what was happening. I really think it should be 4 keepers and you have to keep them but understand its my fault for not being sure of the rules.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Something very wrong looking about this draft too. Only showing a few people to pick in early rounds but nobody else?

They are the people that didn't keep 4 players, they now get the choice of the whole pool of players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Because theyre only keeping 1/2/3 players. Wish i'd known

Won't let me into the draft on any browser, disaster

There's an anomaly in this league, if people want to check it, bit of a strange one. If I go to My Team section, I can see the team I drafted tonight, Matthew Stafford at QB. Everything normal there.

But if I go to Week 1 Matchup, it shows the team I drafted last night during the aborted draft, with RG3 at QB. People might want to check their own teams with this, it would be important to sort it before the season starts. Maybe it will self-correct at some stage, but better to be sure.

fisgon wrote: »
    There's an anomaly in this league, if people want to check it, bit of a strange one. If I go to My Team section, I can see the team I drafted tonight, Matthew Stafford at QB. Everything normal there.

But if I go to Week 1 Matchup, it shows the team I drafted last night during the aborted draft, with RG3 at QB. People might want to check their own teams with this, it would be important to sort it before the season starts. Maybe it will self-correct at some stage, but better to be sure.

Noticed that. It is showing the players drafted from the defeunct draft last night. That should sort itself out tomorrow. The game updates over night and should adjust to the new players in the matchups.

Yeah don't think its back to normal. Another redraft? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Cam,Rivers

AP,Doug Martin,Vick Ballard

Pierre Garcon,Julio Jones,Tavon Austin,Ace Sanders

Fred Davis,Jake Ballard,Fleener

Happy enough with that

TO. wrote: »
    Noticed that. It is showing the players drafted from the defeunct draft last night. That should sort itself out tomorrow. The game updates over night and should adjust to the new players in the matchups.

Yep, sorted itself out alright, back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

plenty of my players on the trade block if anyone is interested. Face palmers

Yeah I got your trade offer for jones and wood head. I am leaning towards rejecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Peyton on the block for a top 20 WR only.

• Advertisement

One thing Im going to suggest next season is 1 IR slot. Come in handy if one of the keepers you plan to keep goes on IR so you can move them to an IR slot and not lose roster space. Vereen is killing me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its fine to have an IR slot as long as that is what its used for. I just think that nobody should be allowed to hold a fully fit player on IR. I think its totally understandable in your situation and it would be nice to have it for that purpose.

Its fine to have an IR slot as long as that is what its used for. I just think that nobody should be allowed to hold a fully fit player on IR. I think its totally understandable in your situation and it would be nice to have it for that purpose.

There is an actual IR slot allowed and the only players allowed on it are players on IR. Its a case of just adding it to the rosters before the season starts.

Just wanna point out an inactive, the guy I played in week 1 was starting a RB who's a free agent, Jonathan Dwyer I think

Just got an offer from a team for his players: Amendola and Ball for my Jones-drew and Woods.

Amendola out 2-6 weeks originally now they are saying they dont know how long he will be out. Unpredictable they say. And Ball is still on the Fringe. I only have 2 starting backs and Jones Drew is one of them. If Amendola was active and fit I would half consider it but really unbalanced trade.

Just got an offer from a team for his players: Amendola and Ball for my Jones-drew and Woods.

Amendola out 2-6 weeks originally now they are saying they dont know how long he will be out. Unpredictable they say. And Ball is still on the Fringe. I only have 2 starting backs and Jones Drew is one of them. If Amendola was active and fit I would half consider it but really unbalanced trade.

Yeah the same guy offered me Amendola for CJ Spiller, he really wants rid of him

That was me. I offered him to a few teams. Some may have been a bit unbalanced but worth a try if someone thinks there is value there to be had.

Anyone see this trade?

Ray Rice for Daryll Richardson.....

Seriously?

fisgon wrote: »
    Anyone see this trade?

Ray Rice for Daryll Richardson.....

Seriously?

I rejected it I think.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    I rejected it I think.

I got email from NFL fantasy today saying that the trade "has been accepted" and will be processed within 2 days. I don't like vetoing trades, and don't really intend to veto this one, but it is a little curious.

Advertisement