Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I can't set the draft until every owner is active. Skeleton_boy is the last remaining owner - he's (kind of) confirmed to me via PM that he's playing this year, but he hasn't accepted his invite yet. It's frustrating as I've directed him towards this thread but he hasn't posted. I sent him another PM now, if I don't hear back from him by tomorrow there was a couple of other posters who were willing to take over a team.

Either way, you're right - this Thursday is the most popular time. Would rather have waited until after the preseason but majority rules. This Thursday @ 10pm it is, I'll set the time now.

Also, for the benefit of those new to the league.

You don't have to select 4 keepers.

In a nutshell, any player who is selected as a keeper by anyone in the league won't be in the draft pool. Any player not selected as a keeper, as well as all the incoming rookies, will make up the draft pool.

Round 1 of the draft will only involve people who have not set any Keepers.
    Round 2 will involve people who have set 1 or less Keepers.
    Round 3 will involve people have set 2 or less Keepers.
    Round 4 will involve people who have set 3 or less Keepers.
    Round 5 onwards will involve everyone.

So don't use all 4 Keeper spots just for the sake of it if you think that's what you're supposed to do. If there's only 2 players you want to keep, only use 2 spots, and so on.

Hope that's clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

just set my keepers:

Montee Ball, Jimmy Graham, AJ Green, and Frank Gore. Pretty happy with those. Hopefully there's still more value to be found in the 5th round onwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

My keepers are set as Adrian Peterson, Julio Jones & Doug Martin

Bump. All set for tonight folks?

• Advertisement

does nfl.com let you draft from the mobile app this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Keeping Brees, Peyton and Vernon Davis. Peyton on the trade block for a WR1/RB1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Raoul

My keepers are awful :(. Tempted not to keep any :).

Keeping Brees, Peyton and Vernon Davis. Peyton on the trade block for a WR1/RB1

Any interest in a straight swap for Marshawn Lynch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Cheers but I've been offered Demaryius Thomas who I rate just ahead.

• Advertisement

Cheers but I've been offered Demaryius Thomas who I rate just ahead.

Yeah I'd take that trade too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

In the draft now, Marshawn Lynch is available. What's the story, did someone drop him?

fisgon wrote: »
    In the draft now, Marshawn Lynch is available. What's the story, did someone drop him?

I didn't set him as a keeper. I would have if I was going to trade him, but as the trade wasn't accepted, I let him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

HigginsJ wrote: »
    My keepers are set as Adrian Peterson, Julio Jones & Doug Martin

I'm still depressed AP is gone from me. Never set my keepers that year. Still amazed it didn't auto keep him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Auto fooking sucks. @ fooking defenses and average all over the place and it took a 3rd TE. Why the fook do I need 3 tight ends overall. So bad this team is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Woke up to an email this morning from NFL.com. Apparently i got a A grade in my draft last night :D with an expected finishing record of 8-5. Wish i was as confident in my draft as they are:D

Got an A+, projected for 9-4. I'll take that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I got a D and a predicted 6-7 Oh the irony of it considering the Auto overpicked in different positions for me.

All my players are on the block as this team is garbage. Not living in Ireland anymore has ruined some of my drafts for me as its the first time in years I have had to auto pick in some of my more important leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭boccy23

Gotta B and a projected 7-6 finish.
    Looking at my team I think this projection system is even more nuts than the weekly score projections.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

WITH HIGH ASPIRATIONS, BELIEVE IN ELI STOCKPILES RUNNING BACKS

Draft Grade A+ Proj Record 10-3 Proj Finish 2

DRAFT SUMMARY

Believe in Eli should officially be on the Boards Keeper radar after taking the fifth overall draft slot and putting together a team that is capable of reaching the posteason. They ended up with the highest-scoring combo of running backs in the league.

• Advertisement

This is hilarious that they are giving grades now. Got a B, apparently have the second best WR group in the league, 27% chance of making playoffs.

Reckon you might as well read your tealeaves.... :)

114 points with John Brown and Marshawn Lynch on my bench.

Raoul wrote: »
    114 points with John Brown and Marshawn Lynch on my bench.

Why exactly would you have Lynch on your bench?

I expected The Buccs to run all over the Falcons and I also expected the Saints to destroy the Vikings so thought the possibility of Pierre Thomas getting more than 1 TD with Ingram out was reasonable. Then I thought that it could be an off game for the Seahawks in general.

Dundalk Oriels: Rejected your trade offer. Wanted to put in a comment but the app doesn't let me. No interest in that trade. Julius Thomas has more points than those 3 combined by himself, and Randle's value has increased a lot with Cruz out. None of the players offered appealed to me, sorry.

Dundalk Oriels: Rejected your trade offer. Wanted to put in a comment but the app doesn't let me. No interest in that trade. Julius Thomas has more points than those 3 combined by himself, and Randle's value has increased a lot with Cruz out. None of the players offered appealed to me, sorry.

No worries. I was hoping that you wouldn't think Randle would have that much increased value. I think that Percy Harvin will eventually get going though, just need someone else to think so too. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to wait for him.

For anyone that is interested I have the following up for trade:

Storm Johnson
    Pierre Thomas
    Pierre Garcon
    John Brown
    Bobby Rainey
    Percy Harvin.

Not a bad set really. I am looking for a good WR that I could start week in week out.

Yeah I actually think Harvin will come good, but I'd be kicking myself if I let Randle go and he turned into a stud.

I already made the decision not to set Marshawn Lynch as a keeper and you took him on me, and look how that worked out for me! You're not having anyone else! :o

Yeah I actually think Harvin will come good, but I'd be kicking myself if I let Randle go and he turned into a stud.

I already made the decision not to set Marshawn Lynch as a keeper and you took him on me, and look how that worked out for me! You're not having anyone else! :o
    You got Andre Ellington though? He has done pretty well anyway.

Raoul wrote: »
    You got Andre Ellington though? He has done pretty well anyway.

I didn't. I went with Crowell and West in the hope that Ben Tate's injury problems continued!

I get by :o

• Advertisement

Exactly five players on bye this week on my team, including my 4 keepers! Did not notice that when I was setting keepers at the beginning of the year. Be a miracle if I could scrape a win this week.

Advertisement