Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Happy with with my season aswell, finished 8-5 which is 2 wins better than last season. Made the playoffs again aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

14th again this season on the same record of 5-8. Was 4-2 at one stage but only won 1 of my remaining games :( Only positive I can take from the season is drafting Richardson in the first round. Hopefully will be a solid RB for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Are you guys full up every season? Is there a waiting list of some kind? If so can I join the queue? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Tristram wrote: »
    Are you guys full up every season? Is there a waiting list of some kind? If so can I join the queue? :)

We'll know next July/August if any of the current players drop out. if one does i'm sure we'll keep you in mind as a replacement

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭boccy23

Love this time of year. The playoffs are here. And I win the first week. :D

boccy23 wrote: »
    Love this time of year. The playoffs are here. And I win the first week. :D
    Me too but I lost :(

Thought I was doing OK in tight matchup until Bradshaw got injured. I knew I'd be in trouble if Wilson started getting his touches against a pourous Saints D. He took full advantage and with Lynch in beast mode against Arizona, my RBs were left with too much in the Monday night game. Ah well that fantasy football for you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

This going again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I'm in once more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I will play too.

• Advertisement

Count me in aswell. Must check out my team and see who to keep!

We'll know next July/August if any of the current players drop out. if one does i'm sure we'll keep you in mind as a replacement

Any word?

Returning champion. Count me in.

League has not been reactivated on NFL.com yet. I think Jamarcus is the GM but i may be wrong. I'm in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

If anyone drops out, I'll join.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'll be`back for this as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Im back aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Count me in again. I think I was Pick Sixes.

We could probably do with getting the league reactivated, it might be an idea so we can start thinking of who to keep. Not entirely sure who I am left with on my roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,528 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Back for this again too.

No response from JMH at this point PM him but nothing yet. Not sure if he is having net issues still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

If this is running again,im back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

This has been re-activated now. Sorry for not being with it lately, still having no luck getting internet sorted in our apartment :(

Are we still happy with 4 keepers? Any idea when we want to draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i'm in again!

As a Keeper league, do we not have some players for a max. number of years, i.e. 3 years and then have to throw them back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

count me in again too

As a Keeper league, do we not have some players for a max. number of years, i.e. 3 years and then have to throw them back?

Most Keeper Leagues there is no time limit on how long you keep your players.

TO. wrote: »
    Most Keeper Leagues there is no time limit on how long you keep your players.

Technically that's a Dynasty league.

The main difference between Keeper leagues and Dynasty leagues is the number of people you keep from year to year. Dynasty leagues are more for keeping the majority of your roster and having rookie drafts. Keeper leagues are more for keeping a lower percentage and having a combined rookie/veteran draft.

Keeper leagues come in all different forms whether it be the number of keepers, the length of time you keep a certain player and the draft pick you forego to keep a player. This Keeper league has no rule in place for time limits and i havent seen many that does

Keeper leagues have been around since the beginning of Fantasy football practically. Dynasty Leagues are a reasonably new fad of mimicking real life i.e keeping a full squad of players and drafting rookies only. Keeper leagues have always been about keeping a handful of players 2-4 being the average and the rest going back into the pool. On average most teams in a keeper league generally only keep at most 2 guys for 3 or more seasons as lets face it not many players are consistent year in year out and better guys come a long. As spongey said there is a few formats but for the most part many go without time limits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

This has been re-activated now. Sorry for not being with it lately, still having no luck getting internet sorted in our apartment :(

Are we still happy with 4 keepers? Any idea when we want to draft?

Cheers for that, back in - Pick Sixes.

4 keepers seems about right to me. Might be easier to wait a bit until the standard divisions set their draft times and try and work around them. Though actually this year, seeing as there are 9 divisions in total, it could be a bit of a nightmare finding a free time.

Advertisement