Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Raoul

fisgon wrote: »
    I got email from NFL fantasy today saying that the trade "has been accepted" and will be processed within 2 days. I don't like vetoing trades, and don't really intend to veto this one, but it is a little curious.

Yeah I don't understand it at all. I would be of the same opinion as yourself, people can make their own decision and bad trades all they want but this one is a bit mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

When i first saw that trade i was determined to veto it but when i thought about it i didnt really see it as collusion, maybe a bad trade for the Ray Rice owner but thats his decision to make. If Rice stays injured and Pierce eats into his carries then the trade looks more even

I flipping picked Locker up on the waiver to put in instead of Flacco but then didn't have time on Sunday to get him in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

When i first saw that trade i was determined to veto it but when i thought about it i didnt really see it as collusion, maybe a bad trade for the Ray Rice owner but thats his decision to make. If Rice stays injured and Pierce eats into his carries then the trade looks more even

that was my trade and my thinking was that Rice is dinged up and Pierce is getting more work. Richardson was to be the man man for the Rams but it's not going so could. Oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Can't justify keeping Knowshon Moreno on my bench anymore. He's the 4th highest scoring RB in the league this year in Fantasy Football, but I just so happen to have the 1st and 3rd place RBs too. So if anyone can make me a decent offer, work away. I'm looking for a good starting WR.

• Advertisement

Can't justify keeping Knowshon Moreno on my bench anymore. He's the 4th highest scoring RB in the league this year in Fantasy Football, but I just so happen to have the 1st and 3rd place RBs too. So if anyone can make me a decent offer, work away. I'm looking for a good starting WR.

What position would you be looking for?

Would really need a high quality wide receiver. Other players I'd be willing to include are RGIII and Miles Austin, though I'd need a starting QB in return for RGIII as he's all I've got. Only reason I'm letting him go is I probably won't be able to have him as a keeper next year as I want to hold on to Charles, Lynch, Thomas and whatever WR I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭boccy23

Would really need a high quality wide receiver. Other players I'd be willing to include are RGIII and Miles Austin, though I'd need a starting QB in return for RGIII as he's all I've got. Only reason I'm letting him go is I probably won't be able to have him as a keeper next year as I want to hold on to Charles, Lynch, Thomas and whatever WR I get.

You have the same problem as a person I was dealing with in another league. Yes you have great RB depth. BUT, you can only play 2 on any one week. So having the cumulative points total from 3 doesn't count. You can only get what someone else is willing to offer.

boccy23 wrote: »
    You have the same problem as a person I was dealing with in another league. Yes you have great RB depth. BUT, you can only play 2 on any one week. So having the cumulative points total from 3 doesn't count. You can only get what someone else is willing to offer.

Well it's not as easy as saying "I'll trade Moreno for Blair Walsh because Blair Walsh will get me an extra 3 points a week more than my current kicker, and Moreno gets me nothing each week".

I'm happy to keep Moreno in case of an injury to Charles/Lynch and to use on their bye weeks. But if someone makes me an offer that dramatically improves my WRs, and odds are that they'd be making it to dramatically imrpove their RBs, then I'll trade. I'm not going to trade for the first scrub that gets me a handful of points extra while making my competition a lot stronger.

And I know I can only get what someone is willing to offer. But if no one is willing to offer what I want, then I'll keep him. I was simply making it known that the 4th highest scoring RB is available for trade if that offer comes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

That was me in the PPR and to be fair we both got what we wanted in the end. But Like JMH I wouldn't have traded for just anyone. You just happened to be the one that sent me a trade that we both would benefit from.

• Advertisement

Well it's not as easy as saying "I'll trade Moreno for Blair Walsh because Blair Walsh will get me an extra 3 points a week more than my current kicker, and Moreno gets me nothing each week".

I'm happy to keep Moreno in case of an injury to Charles/Lynch and to use on their bye weeks. But if someone makes me an offer that dramatically improves my WRs, and odds are that they'd be making it to dramatically imrpove their RBs, then I'll trade. I'm not going to trade for the first scrub that gets me a handful of points extra while making my competition a lot stronger.

And I know I can only get what someone is willing to offer. But if no one is willing to offer what I want, then I'll keep him. I was simply making it known that the 4th highest scoring RB is available for trade if that offer comes along.

Its such a tough situation. I have rg3 and rivers in another league and I am taking the same stance as you. While I would like to trade you Jackson and Stewart for moreno and Torey smith. You have the option to upgrade your wr while I upgrade my rb.

I was offered a similar trade for griffin but I rejected as I don't think it's worth a possible few extra points to give away a sub. I presume you would have the same opinion on my trade offer?

Yeah sorry, I wanna hold on to Torrey Smith. I got on offer of Cruz for Moreno so I've accepted that anyway, definitely improves my situation. Happy enough with my starters now.

That trade helps us both IMO. I need a running back and while Cruz is a stud, the Giants simply are not getting it done right now

Won my matchup by 0.18 points :)

Can we make sure to kick out inactives next season? Outkast Revivals are one of the teams that aren't doing anything.

Dont worry, will take care of it in the offseason. Cheers for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭boccy23

I was playing Face Palmers this week.

He had 4 active players.

I lost. :eek:

Pierre Thomas, Riley Cooper, Marques Colston & Rashad Jennings. All other positions were on a bye or empty.

I was playing Face Palmers this week.

He had 4 active players.

I lost. :eek:

Pierre Thomas, Riley Cooper, Marques Colston & Rashad Jennings. All other positions were on a bye or empty.

Thats the worst thing when playing people that aren't even bothered, when you fecking lose :D

Was on holidays. sorry!. would have won either way though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Anyone know how playoff positions are decided in this league? Do the four division winners get through automatically, regardless of record? If so, what are the tiebreakers for the next two teams?

The team rankings on the site are a little hard to work out, as they have the leader of Div 3, Fluffy Crocodiles, ranked at 10.

• Advertisement

Top team in each division and then 2 Top ranked runner ups.

The ranked teams are split on head to head if they are on same record. Le Cheat beat Oriels and Oh Look and Eagle beat Oriels but lost to Le Cheat. So Le Cheat go in as the best runner up and the Eagles as the 2nd best runner up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

fisgon wrote: »
    Anyone know how playoff positions are decided in this league? Do the four division winners get through automatically, regardless of record? If so, what are the tiebreakers for the next two teams?

The team rankings on the site are a little hard to work out, as they have the leader of Div 3, Fluffy Crocodiles, ranked at 10.

Yes i'm the 10th best team and already wrapped up my division and in the playoffs :D I dropped 6 places cos of one loss. Luck of the draw in terms of the divisions

TO. wrote: »
    Top team in each division and then 2 Top ranked runner ups.

The ranked teams are split on head to head if they are on same record. Le Cheat beat Oriels and Oh Look and Eagle beat Oriels but lost to Le Cheat. So Le Cheat go in as the best runner up and the Eagles as the 2nd best runner up.

This doesn't really matter to me as I have to beat Lomira Lions in our final game which will win me the division. Soooo...tense!!!

Raoul wrote: »
    This doesn't really matter to me as I have to beat Lomira Lions in our final game which will win me the division. Soooo...tense!!!

Which is me :D

TO. wrote: »
    Which is me :D

I am going to destroy you!!! With my awful QB and RBs. :o

Can we still trade?

RGIII is killing me. And with the Redskins draft situation, I will most certainly NOT be keeping him next year.

Will likely keep Jamaal Charles, Marshawn Lynch, Julius Thomas and Victor Cruz.

RGIII is killing me. And with the Redskins draft situation, I will most certainly NOT be keeping him next year.

Will likely keep Jamaal Charles, Marshawn Lynch, Julius Thomas and Victor Cruz.

RG3 probably cost me a playoff place in one of my leagues. Needed him to outscore helu by 8 points but nope, he couldn't do it. :mad:

Raoul wrote: »
    RG3 probably cost me a playoff place in one of my leagues. Needed him to outscore helu by 8 points but nope, he couldn't do it. :mad:

Yup all I needed was 11 points out of him last night. That's about what, a touchdown and 150 yards or so? Throw in the fact you'd expect him to rush for 3/4 points. But nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Yup all I needed was 11 points out of him last night. That's about what, a touchdown and 150 yards or so? Throw in the fact you'd expect him to rush for 3/4 points. But nope.
    That was such a lucky win for me, I fully expected to lose before last nights game. It gives me a chance at making the playoffs. Looking at the matchups I think I could finish in any position from 2nd to 10th depending on results. So many teams needing to win are playing each other so it should be an exciting gw!

• Advertisement

evil_seed wrote: »
    that was my trade and my thinking was that Rice is dinged up and Pierce is getting more work. Richardson was to be the man man for the Rams but it's not going so could. Oh well

Pity Richardson got injured. I'm still pleased with that trade though

Advertisement