Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I'm in anyway.

Any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm in, clean re-draft baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

boccy23
    BizzyC
    Wong
    Eagle_eye
    billr67
    Raoul

These are the only people who have said they are back.

Eagle_eye, you are the commish? Did you reactivate the league? Any chance of sending out an email via the league owner message yolk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I missed this one. I'm back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seven have announced their return to this point. There is one vacant team on the site. Can I ask you all to put your team names next to your name on the site and I can figure out who is missing?

boccy23
    BizzyC
    Wong
    Eagle_eye
    billr67
    Raoul
    Masked Man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

eagle eye wrote: »
    Seven have announced their return to this point. There is one vacant team on the site. Can I ask you all to put your team names next to your name on the site and I can figure out who is missing?

boccy23
    BizzyC
    Wong
    Eagle_eye
    billr67
    Raoul
    Masked Man

Boccys Jockeys

boccy23 wrote: »
    Boccys Jockeys

boccy23 - Boccys Jockeys
    BizzyC
    Wong
    Eagle_eye
    billr67
    Raoul - Dundalk Oriels
    Masked Man

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

boccy23 - Boccys Jockeys
    BizzyC
    Wong
    Eagle_eye
    billr67 - Steel City Celtic
    Raoul - Dundalk Oriels
    Masked Man

I think the missing player is Limpar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

boccy23
    BizzyC
    Wong
    Eagle_eye
    billr67
    Raoul
    Masked Man

Prestige Worldwide

• Advertisement

boccy23 - Boccys Jockeys
    BizzyC
    Wong - Can I Borrow a Thielen
    Eagle_eye
    Raoul - Dundalk Oriels
    Masked Man

boccy23 - Boccys Jockeys
    BizzyC
    Eagle_eye
    Raoul - Dundalk Oriels
    Masked Man - Desert Bluff Vultures

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

think im in this - manafanas steelers

can play again this yr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm the Fear Boners... think I might change that name though, I stopped watching the league years ago...

Masked Man wrote: »
    boccy23 - Boccys Jockeys
    BizzyC - The Fear Boners
    Eagle_eye - Foxboro legends.
    Raoul - Dundalk Oriels
    Masked Man - Desert Bluff Vultures
    manafana - Manafana Steelers
    Thats eight so far confirmed out of 14. I'll wait until Friday and delete whoever is not confirmed by then. Word of warning for anybody coming back in from here on. You are gone if you are the last to confirm and we end up with an uneven number.

In the meantime here is a poll for a drat date. https://doodle.com/poll/2ak7yznn5mzhzy5u

Also I set the keepers at four.

Are we doing a fresh re-draft?

Masked Man wrote: »
    Are we doing a fresh re-draft?

Its a keeper league. You can keep up to four players.

I thought we were going into the third year of a league where you keep eight players?

Why is this being unilaterally changed to four keepers?

The amount of keepers was set at 8. You can't just change to 4.

Lets set at 8 and vote on reduction?

Do we know if we have messaged the other keepers not confirmed?

Should we look to add to reserve list, this will be my 2nd yr haven come in as replacement late on

• Advertisement

Why has it been set to 8? It was always 4. :s

And, yes it would be good to have a few reserves.

It was changed in 2017 when there was a refresh of the league.

Eagle Eye even mentioned it in his post so I'm not sure why he is changing it to 4 keepers now.
    There shouldn't be any draft pick trades in a keeper league. I had a big issue with this.

The league was set up wrong in the first place anyways. You should be able to keep a lot more than four players which would make it a hell of a lot more interesting.

The idea of a keeper league is similar to dynasty in that it's about building up a powerful team through the draft over time.

I'm all for staying in if we are starting over.

wong wrote: »
    It was changed in 2017 when there was a refresh of the league.

Eagle Eye even mentioned it in his post so I'm not sure why he is changing it to 4 keepers now.
    Was there a vote on it? I can't remember one. I'll change it back to 8 if you can find a post where it was definitively decided that the change would occur and agreed to by a majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Just voted on the poll.

My tuppence worth on keepers, I think everyone should be made to keep a minimum of 4 irrespective of how good or bad your squad is and a maximum of 8. It's a keeper league after all, if you don't like the guys you've got you can always offer them in trades or play the waiver wire game.

Was there a vote on it? I can't remember one. I'll change it back to 8 if you can find a post where it was definitively decided that the change would occur and agreed to by a majority.

Not sure if there was an actual vote but the consensus was the majority wanted it changed to 8, including you who was particularly in favour of it.
    Draft order will be random. Final invite just sent to Wong there. We will have 14 teams.

I'm going to set the number of keepers to 8. The number of keepers won't be an issue until the end of the season and I can't see thee being an appetite for more than 8 keepers.

I'm not sure how we should decide on trading etc. Would a doodle poll be sufficient? .

That was the post where it was definitive and nobody had any objections when it was posted. It was said in numerous posts on that page in fact with zero objections from anyone regarding the 8 keepers.

in agreement 4 mini and 8 max is fine (open to more by vote as thats point of a keeper league its about dynasty

wong wrote: »
    Not sure if there was an actual vote but the consensus was the majority wanted it changed to 8, including you who was particularly in favour of it.

That was the post where it was definitive and nobody had any objections when it was posted. It was said in numerous posts on that page in fact with zero objections from anyone regarding the 8 keepers.
    Yes I was in favour of it and I still am but I feel we should get a majority to agree before it becomes active.
    There is nothing definitive, I looked back and there isn't even one post with a good few thanks on it.
    I won't be home for a coupe of hours,l but I'll put up two posts below and people can thank the one the prefer and then it'll be done.

If you want a max 4 keepers thank this post.

If you want a max 8 keepers thank this post.

• Advertisement

I'm voting for max 8 keepers. We need one more vote to make it 8 keepers. If we don't get another vote then it remains at 4.

I've removed all teams except the eight returners. We now have two divisions of four players with six of the eight making the playoffs.

I'm against forcing people to keep players, don't think that is fair at all.

Five people have voted in the draft poll and it looks like Wednesday 28th August at 10.00pm is the likely draft time. I'm leaving it open until 12 midnight tonight.

Advertisement