Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Yeah I reckon we might as well just start new tbh, we would be changing around a lot just for the sake of keeping 4 players for a few teams.

Eagle Eye, Wong are in and GerryFed has also expressed an interest via pm at returning again if starting fresh. We'd need another player to get back to even numbers.

As I said to malistheman, I already quit once so feel free to tell me to f*ck off haha :) Just seen you's might be starting from scratch with no trading picks, and I like how active everyone seems to be... that's pretty hard to find. I'm an annoyingly active owner/trader so an active league is big for me.

But if it's an odd number of guys, fire away and leave me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

If we keep 8 then that is practically a dynasty league, I think it is too much. I also don't think it should be mandatory. 
    I am indifferent to trading draft picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,616 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A person shouldn't have to keep any player if they don't want to.

The idea of more keepers is so somebody who has done really well drafting doesn't lose out on any of their really good players, it also makes it more interesting because you have to decide if somebody who is maybe just in the double digits ranking wise is worth keeping.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

We are up to 14 players now for a new keeper league.

personally I'd be against the idea of it being mandatory to keep all your keepers.

Trading draft picks is a tricky one but I think ultimately I wouldn't mind it, its a strategy players can choose to pursue if they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Ok, because time is short, how about a compromise;

- trading of draft picks to be decided on in the first few weeks of the season - no-one is going to be making trades for a few weeks, I assume.

- keepers increased to a maximum of 6. You have to keep a minimum of 3.

We can then get on with setting draft time. The season starts in 8 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭boccy23

fisgon wrote: »

- trading of draft picks to be decided on in the first few weeks of the season - no-one is going to be making trades for a few weeks, I assume.

I agree with the above. Happy to go with this if we can ensure that nobody uses the loophole of putting their keepers at a lower point to have a first round pick.

I'll likely lose OBJ! Had since his rookie season and kept him even when he didn't play for the first 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

fisgon wrote: »

No point deciding on this that late as there are lads holding the rest of us to ransom to either ban this or they leave the league. :(

I'm in whatever we decide but I would prefer that we don't have to keep any min number of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Agree with no minimum I haven't got 3 players I want to keep. Might stretch to one if I had too. Any chance we can draft Monday night (4th)? Cheeky I know but times a ticking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭boccy23

billr67 wrote: »
    Agree with no minimum I haven't got 3 players I want to keep. Might stretch to one if I had too. Any chance we can draft Monday night (4th)? Cheeky I know but times a ticking!

I think the idea is to have a complete reset (i.e. new draft) so doesn't matter what you have now.

Great that's what I'd prefer.

• Advertisement

Can the guys who have agreed to play this year who haven't played yet please take the draft poll?

Can the guys who have agreed to play this year who haven't played yet please take the draft poll?

Done!

Can we get the final rules nailed down so? I would prefer:

- No trading picks
    - Can keep as little as 0 or as many as 4 players
    - Preferably in the rounds you drafted them (I thought this was the majority of keeper leagues worked?) rather then losing your 1st rounder for 1 player etc

Just thinking out loud anyways...

Done as well thanks for the reminder.

gerryfed wrote: »
    Done!

Can we get the final rules nailed down so? I would prefer:

- No trading picks
    - Can keep as little as 0 or as many as 4 players
    - Preferably in the rounds you drafted them (I thought this was the majority of keeper leagues worked?) rather then losing your 1st rounder for 1 player etc

Just thinking out loud anyways...

Nope, that isn't how most work. Usually if you want to keep 1 player and there are 4 keeper slots. You have to keep that player in the your first round slot.

Raoul wrote: »
    Nope, that isn't how most work. Usually if you want to keep 1 player and there are 4 keeper slots. You have to keep that player in the your first round slot.

Ok Raoul, sincerest apologies! That is just how 'some' keeper leagues work.

I guess if you don't manage to draft studs, then you start from scratch every year. That's a shame for if you draft well late and get a Davante Adams in the 10th and he's the only guy you want to keep, cause obviously a 1st rounder is too rich...

Looking like the draft will be Tuesday at 9. Will be in touch for emails this evening for the new league.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,616 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Looking like the draft will be Tuesday at 9. Will be in touch for emails this evening for the new league.
    We can use the same league which will be a lot less hassle.

eagle eye wrote: »
    We can use the same league which will be a lot less hassle.

Yep that makes a lot more sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

gerryfed wrote: »
    Ok Raoul, sincerest apologies! That is just how 'some' keeper leagues work.

I guess if you don't manage to draft studs, then you start from scratch every year. That's a shame for if you draft well late and get a Davante Adams in the 10th and he's the only guy you want to keep, cause obviously a 1st rounder is too rich...

I agree with gerry on this.

The rules I've been using for my own keeper league is no 1st rounders can be kept so they automatically go back into draft next year.

Players are kept a round earlier than when they are drafted the following year.
    Waiver or free agent pickups cost an 8th rounder in the next draft.

Do we have a draft order for tomorrow night or is that random as it's a total redraft?

• Advertisement

billr67 wrote: »
    Do we have a draft order for tomorrow night or is that random as it's a total redraft?

Do we have a set number of teams? And the rules?

Raoul wrote: »
    Do we have a set number of teams? And the rules?

Draft order will be random. Final invite just sent to Wong there. We will have 14 teams.

I'm going to set the number of keepers to 8. The number of keepers won't be an issue until the end of the season and I can't see thee being an appetite for more than 8 keepers.

I'm not sure how we should decide on trading etc. Would a doodle poll be sufficient? .

Draft order will be random. Final invite just sent to Wong there. We will have 14 teams.

I'm going to set the number of keepers to 8. The number of keepers won't be an issue until the end of the season and I can't see thee being an appetite for more than 8 keepers.

I'm not sure how we should decide on trading etc. Would a doodle poll be sufficient? .

Yeah. I think doodle polls for all rules including number of keepers. I just don't want to be in the same situation where we have a league for a few years and people leave. It would be good to have the rules decided and everyone to agree they are happy.

Sorry giving you more work.

Guys which team is "Warfields warriors"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Guys which team is "Warfields warriors"?

Mine mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

wong wrote: »
    I agree with gerry on this.

The rules I've been using for my own keeper league is no 1st rounders can be kept so they automatically go back into draft next year.

Players are kept a round earlier than when they are drafted the following year.
    Waiver or free agent pickups cost an 8th rounder in the next draft.

How exactly is that policed, who decides if a player is a 1st rounder or not?
    Playing that way means that you'll never get to keep your best players, may aswell play a normal league format instead.

Draft should be good to go by 9. I've removed the keepers from a few teams who still had keepers listed!

Turns out we had one player too many and I forgot to check if I still had a league spot haha, oops! My fault! Good luck with the draft and the season lads!

BizzyC wrote: »
    How exactly is that policed, who decides if a player is a 1st rounder or not?
    Playing that way means that you'll never get to keep your best players, may aswell play a normal league format instead.

It's decided because it will be a first round pick?

The idea is to level the playing field somewhat so that there isn't complete domination.

Not all the best players that can be kept are 1st rounders. Good players are reward by drafting well in the later rounds.

I'm not the commish here and I'll be happy to go with whatever rules are set down. I was just simply making a suggestion based on the keeper league I commish.

• Advertisement

The Flex is WR/TE?

Advertisement