Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,528 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And finally here for Wednesday.

We'll put up times when we have a day selected.

You can vote for more than one day if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Thanks for stepping up EE, I'll send that PM on with all the details.

Monday it is, that is tomorrow night.

If you'd like 8pm, thank this post.

• Advertisement

9pm thank this one.

10pm thank this one.

I'm setting up the draft now for 9pm but I'll change it to whichever gets the most thanks at midnight.

The PM system wont let me send a message...
    My team is the Fear Boners,  there are 4 team changes to sort out.
    OUT: Pick Sixes, Westbest, Oh Look an Eagle, Warfield Warriors
    IN: Mark2229, padmcv, limpar, Mulla1985
    Might be tight to try and get them all sorted by tomorrow night, but if it goes ahead any time but 8pm suits me.

See if your message box is full.
    I need email addresses to invite those new guys.

• Advertisement

Mark2229, padmcv I need your email addresses to add you to the league. I need them by 6pm on Monday or it'll be too late.

Please pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Is the draft order random or will it be posted here before tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

The Division 5 Boards League draft is on tonight at 9. Is it possible to arrange this draft at a later time tonight?

If it doesn't suit everyone, no worries.

You can do two drafts at the same time.

This draft should be quicker depending on how many players people are keeping (some people might not be coming in till round 9 if they keep the max 8 players), it'll certainly be a lot quicker than a 16 team redraft. So it should be possible to do them both at the same time but I don't envy you doing it.

I've pm'd Malistheman(Westbest) as he needs to sort out the league owner thing before I can invite the last person. I sent a pm to Mark2229 but he hasn't responded yet. Until Malis sorts things out it won't make a difference anyways.

I've sent invites to Limpar, Mulla1985 and padmcv and removed Pick Sixes, Oh Look an Eagle and Warfield Warriors.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You can do two drafts at the same time.

Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mulla1985

What way are the keepers linked to the draft picks, is it a case of if i keep 4 then i'm out of the first 4 rounds or is each player in your team linked to a draft position that you then lose out on?

Mulla1985 wrote: »
    What way are the keepers linked to the draft picks, is it a case of if i keep 4 then i'm out of the first 4 rounds or is each player in your team linked to a draft position that you then lose out on?
    They are linked. You are correct, if you keep 4 then you don't get a draft pick until round 5.

Also you must start by placing your first keeper in the keeper 1 box and so on

If you put them further own then you get an earlier pick which is not allowed. If you do this then your team will be edited after the draft to take out the pick you took in an earlier round.

You don't get the option of choosing which round the keepers are taken when you are setting them I don't think?

You just choose the keepers and NFL's default setup is to take them off the top rounds.

• Advertisement

Malistheman contacted me and we've sorted the owner issue. Still waiting for an email address from Mark2229.

I haven't removed Malis yet as we cannot draft with an uneven amount of teams. If Mark turns up on time I'll iinvite him in, if not then that team will auto pick a team and when he turns up he can have that team.

wong wrote: »
    You don't get the option of choosing which round the keepers are taken when you are setting them I don't think?

You just choose the keepers and NFL's default setup is to take them off the top rounds.

No you can't choose so if you keep 8 players you're out of the first 8 rounds, pick 6 you're out of the first 6 etc.

By the way for those that may have not been around that last time there was trouble post draft can you please ensure that you select your keepers in slot order. i.e. if you are selecting 4 keepers that you pick slots 1-4 and not 5-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

billr67 wrote: »
    Is the draft order random or will it be posted here before tonight?

Is draft order not the reverse of last years standings?

I didn't have time to do anything like that. It's random as far as I'm aware unless the settings were changed before.

We are one player short. There has been no response from Mark2229 so Malistheman is still in the league but won't be playing. I'm think I might just try and draft nobody only free agent kickers for that team.

If I knew that Mark2229 was going to show up at some stage I'd let the draft fire ahead and at lease he'd have a half decent team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Guys if that player does not turn up then I will play for the season. Not being GM reduces some time pressure.

Guys if that player does not turn up then I will play for the season. Not being GM reduces some time pressure.
    Done, if you want in for the rest of the draft just log in and draft away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just so people know I purposely didn't set keepers. Just in case people thought I wasn't active. Didn't make the draft unfortunately.

• Advertisement

eagle_eye, not sure why my PM's are coming through blank.
    My team is "The Fear Boners" - Carl

Advertisement