Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Keeper League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

This years Playoffs begin this week.

rnUoR64.png

It's also an absolute miracle that not only have I made the playoffs, but that I have done so as the top seeded team.

This despite rolling with Andy Dalton as my starting QB all year (I'm benching him Ryan Fitzpatrick this week - not exactly an embarassment of riches). While having to pair Jamaal Charles with one of Isaiah Crowell or Terrance West as my starting RBs.

My WR situation has also been sketchy at best, with Larry Fitzgerald battling poor QB play and injuries to muster up a whopping 2 touchdowns all year. Boldin was a waiver wire pickup who has performed admirably for me, with the 3rd spot going to either Sammy Watkins or Reuben Randle depending on match ups.

Julius Thomas joined Jamaal Charles as really the only other elite Fantasy player in my team, though he's been absent the past couple of weeks with an injury and has only eclipsed 10 points on 4 occasions this season. Niles Paul has filled in miserably in the meantime.

Outside of Charles, my only consistent players have been the ones I planned to play week-to-week off of waiver wire - kicker and defense. Yet Dan Carpenter and the Eagles D have propelled me to the playoffs.

I'm afraid the fact that this clusterfúck of a team has somehow managed to gain the 1st overall seed does not bode well for the performance of this league this year at all :o

Edit: Just checked - outside of Defence and Kickers, I have only two player that rank inside the top 20 of points scored at their respective position. Charles (6th) and Thomas (3rd). How did I make the playoffs!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Edit: Just checked - outside of Defence and Kickers, I have only two player that rank inside the top 20 of points scored at their respective position. Charles (6th) and Thomas (3rd). How did I make the playoffs!?

That is very curious. Looking at your team, it would not scream "no 1. seed". No offense. Your record was obviously down to some shrewd management (or at least that's what you should claim!)

I came fourth in that very same division, at 7-6, but actually scored more points, over the season, than every playoff team except Henry. That's fantasy football for you.

fisgon wrote: »
    That is very curious. Looking at your team, it would not scream "no 1. seed". No offense. Your record was obviously down to some shrewd management (or at least that's what you should claim!)

I came fourth in that very same division, at 7-6, but actually scored more points, over the season, than every playoff team except Henry. That's fantasy football for you.

I honestly couldn't tell you. And it wasn't shrewd management at all, I was very limited with my options each week and usually just went with best player available. I really didn't have the players for the luxury of picking my match-ups.

Those players listed above have somehow combined for the 3rd most fantasy points of any team this year. And I also have the 4th most points against over the course of the year, so it's not like I just got lucky either.

I honestly can't explain it, maybe I'm just not giving those players enough credit but taking a look at that team, it really doesn't look very strong on paper. At no stage this season have I been happy with my roster!

I guess it just goes to show how things can work out in 16 team leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

fisgon wrote: »

This!

You were unlucky at the weekend. You would have won our match-up only for the Rams defence. I expected them to have a good week but certainly not 32 points good! The matchup recap said your score of 119.4 was the highest in the league this season without getting a win!

Had you won our match-up every team in our division finishes 8-5 or better. Just looking at previous years our division is quite strong year-on-year. In 4 seasons there have only 3 losing records out of 16 and my team actually made the playoffs the first year with one of those :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I missed out on the playoffs by two tiebreakers. First one was a tiebreaker to decide the division champ and i lost the head 2 head to Prestige Worldwide. Second tiebreaker was for the wildcard spot and since i didnt play Oh look an Eagle in the regular season it went to points scored and he beat me by 15.2pts over the whole season (actually outscored me by 40.28 in week13). Had Pick Sixes beaten Henry Le Cheat that would have 4 teams on 8-5 battling for 2 wildcard spots and going on head 2 head i would have had a 1-0 record and nabbed one of the wildcard spots.

Looking at the final rankings though i dont really deserve a playoff spot, 8th in scoring, 7th in the Breakdown and Coach rankings. Those are the breaks, good luck to all in the playoffs

Coeus wrote: »
    This!

You were unlucky at the weekend. You would have won our match-up only for the Rams defence. I expected them to have a good week but certainly not 32 points good! The matchup recap said your score of 119.4 was the highest in the league this season without getting a win!

Yeah, cheers for that, but that´s the way the cookie crumbles. We do have a traditionally strong division, I think there is an argument, made on another thread here, to get rid of the divisions completely, as they don't really serve any purpose. It''s not as if we play teams within division more than outside.

I am disappointed not to make playoffs though, I think Stafford dragged down what was, in general, a pretty good team. Still, there is little justice in Fantasy football, you don't always get what you deserve. This is the second Boards league I am in this year where I am the second highest points scorer and miss the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Coeus wrote: »
    This!

Had you won our match-up every team in our division finishes 8-5 or better. Just looking at previous years our division is quite strong year-on-year. In 4 seasons there have only 3 losing records out of 16 and my team actually made the playoffs the first year with one of those :o

It's an unreal tough division.. the two wildcards have come from our division in each of the 4 seasons!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Horrible horrible season for me.

I missed out on the playoffs by two tiebreakers. First one was a tiebreaker to decide the division champ and i lost the head 2 head to Prestige Worldwide. Second tiebreaker was for the wildcard spot and since i didnt play Oh look an Eagle in the regular season it went to points scored and he beat me by 15.2pts over the whole season (actually outscored me by 40.28 in week13). Had Pick Sixes beaten Henry Le Cheat that would have 4 teams on 8-5 battling for 2 wildcard spots and going on head 2 head i would have had a 1-0 record and nabbed one of the wildcard spots.
    Yes, if I lost to Sixes you would have the best head-to-head record of the 4 teams against each other. Myself and Sixes would have been 1-1 and Eagle is 0-1. If the head-to-head is still used to determine myself and Sixes then he gets the other playoff spot. Not sure this is the fairest way to determine a multiple team tiebreaker when a) teams have not played the same number of games in the tiebreaker and b) each team in the tiebreaker has not played each other. Maybe total points is better in this scenario but thats a discussion for another day :)

I actually just noticed that we play the exact same schedule every season :o

• Advertisement

I'm happy to make any changes we both on here. What do people think of the schedule I proposed in the main FF thread? Would it be more at home in this league considering there are no promotions or relegations to worry about?

I'm happy to make any changes we both on here. What do people think of the schedule I proposed in the main FF thread? Would it be more at home in this league considering there are no promotions or relegations to worry about?
    Yes, looks good and I'd be in favour of it here...it would definitely put the issue of not playing division rivals to bed plus the middle part of the schedule should change year-on-year so each team should get to play each other at some stage.

Would we keep the same divisions or realign? Implementing the a new schedule would be the time to do it. We could redraw based on past performance. Might not be so important if the waiver wire rules change as suggested on that thread as struggling teams in theory will have the opportunity to improve quicker.

Well, my season is over... my opponents RB's have put up 70 points, and Jared Cook chipped in with 2 TD's. Fair play to Prestige Worldwide.. long off-season ahead for me!

Keeper League has been reactivated.

Let me know if you're still in. Thanks.

Keeper League has been reactivated.

Let me know if you're still in. Thanks.

Cheers... I'm back again anyway (Oh Look An Eagle).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

In. Dundalk team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'm in. Boccys Jockeys.

Nice - Coincided with my 1000th post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

In

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Fluffy Crocodiles are back in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

in

Back in again. Who am I in this league? Maybe Pick sixes? Sorry, too many leagues, too many names. Prob Pick Sixes.

Count me (Henry Le Cheat) in aswell. Will be changing that team name for the upcoming season aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

If some teams don't come back Id take someone over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Believe in Eli, I'm out. Sorry just don't have the time to commit

nerd69 wrote: »
    If some teams don't come back Id take someone over
    HigginsJ wrote: »
    Believe in Eli, I'm out. Sorry just don't have the time to commit

Well that worked out nicely.

Nerd69, grab your helmet. You're in.

Boom keeper league means you keep your whole team and only draft rookies annually right?

Who's on my team?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

nerd69 wrote: »
    Boom keeper league means you keep your whole team and only draft rookies annually right?

Who's on my team?

You don't have to keep anyone. You can choose up to 4 players to keep for the year and everyone else is released into the draft pool. Keeping a player means you forfeit a pick so there's obviously a big element of strategy there.

• Advertisement

You don't have to keep anyone. You can choose up to 4 players to keep for the year and everyone else is released into the draft pool. Keeping a player means you forfeit a pick so there's obviously a big element of strategy there.

And I assume it's 1st rounder for your first keeper 2nd for your 2nd etc?

Advertisement