Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Thanks, didn't see an option for it on the mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

I don't think I will be able to make the first hour of the draft (Peeping Tomlinsons) but will have autodraft and my picks set so won't hold you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

I hope everyone else can make draft. Div 8 had full attendance. I dont mind pushing it back to 9.30 to help setanta somewhat if i can get some sort of consensus by today but obviously if 9.30 to late for you just say.

Just thank post if ok with pushing back to 9.30

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I'd be ok with it as well, I'll probably be missing the start of the draft too, but I don't mind being on autodraft for early on if needs be, people don't want to be up half the night with it either.

I'd be ok with it as well, I'll probably be missing the start of the draft too, but I don't mind being on autodraft for early on if needs be, people don't want to be up half the night with it either.

Ive to be up for work at 5am... 30 min wont make a difference in reality

• Advertisement

Don't want to put people out at all. I won't make it home until after 10pm. Anyway some of my best drafts were auto ones. I always overthink things!

Last year I finished last in this division because my internet connection wasn't stable and ended up with autodraft and three kickers. If it's set up properly to avoid that, I'm betting autodraft is better than me doing it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

9:30 would be great for me too if it's still possible. I have a 12 man PPR draft with my mates at 8 so it would give me more time to round off my team before switching lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Would prefer to keep it at 9 if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I'm ok with either time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Either works for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Still wouldn't be able to make 2130, so it makes no difference to me.

Have positional preferences per round set up but knowing the auto-draft I fully expect a kicker in the 1st round, backup kicker that has a bye week the same week in the 2nd round! :pac:

I've set up positional preferences but there doesn't seem to be a "don't pick seven tight ends" option. What I want is the best player available where I'm not already set and which isn't a kicker or a D. But sure we'll see how it works out.

Got caught up in the werewolves game and completely forgot the draft :( missed first 5 picks

Not too disappointed with the autodraft, except where it picked a kicker who's a free agent...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Draft Report:

BUILT ON A STACKED ASSEMBLY OF WRS, ROMASUCK RAIDERS LOOKS TO STAND OUT

Draft Grade: B-
    Proj Record: 5-8
    Proj Finish: 9

DRAFT SUMMARY
    RomaSuck Raiders, who owned the fifth overall selection, is aiming to prove the pundits wrong. They stocked up on pass-catching weapons early, using three of their first five selections to pick up wide receivers. Going hand-in-hand with that early investment, RomaSuck Raiders secured one of the most prolific foursomes of wide receivers in the league.
    In the 2nd round, caution was thrown to the wind, as Kareem Hunt was selected at pick number 28 versus an ADP of 98.4 across all NFL.com leagues.
    RomaSuck Raiders may know something no one else does, grabbing Tavon Austin, who is on a squad in less than 10% of all NFL.com leagues (5%).
    Julio Jones will bring extra value if Div 3 Boards has a PPR format, as he's projected to rank third in the NFL with 91 receptions.

Lads, I messed up on the fantasy app and dropped Tyrod Taylor from my squad when I meant to just bench him. Stupid I know. I have claimed him back on a waiver but would appreciate it if no one else tried to claim him? It will cost me a waiver pick next week. App was a little confusing. Thanks

setanta74 wrote: »
    Lads, I messed up on the fantasy app and dropped Tyrod Taylor from my squad when I meant to just bench him. Stupid I know. I have claimed him back on a waiver but would appreciate it if no one else tried to claim him? It will cost me a waiver pick next week. App was a little confusing. Thanks

App update is shocking this year. I wont pick him up anyway but cant force anyone not to either.

I think for an honest mistake the commissioner could reasonably step in and prevent anyone picking him up. Just my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I believe commissioner can add him back in and drop the other player now, otherwise yes i won't be adding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

How do you determine what is an honest mistake though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I think dropping any healthy player is pretty clearly a mistake, it'd be fuzzier if it had been a swap, but there's no sane reason for dropping a healthy player.

If they come on to the thread quickly after it happens and say it's an honest mistake.

Lads, It was 5 o clock sunday and i was setting my team. I wanted Brees as QB instead of Taylor so I hit "Drop" thinking it meant putting him on the bench but alas it was to put him on the wire. As soon as I realised I came on here. The times can be seen by the posting and the notes on the fantasy chat.

Honest mistake and Im just asking for a bit of goodwill. No way would I drop a good QB like him before the league has even started.

Up to others if they want to take advantage of the mistake.

My general philosophy for managing a league is hands off, if you mess up you mess up. No ones fault but your own. Had I accidentally accepted a trade and cancelled it there would have been uproar or accidently dropped a player and added him back to my team. It happened last year where I had to go to the person i traded with to trade back as I wouldn't expect the commissioner to do it.

However, this is a friendly league and in, what i believe, to be the spirit of boards, I have added Taylor back on to the peeping tomlinsons.

Advanced warning.... If something like this happens again, tough titties. No problem with someone posting asking people not to pick him up but I will not be getting involved in the issue using any "commissioner powers". Its a level playing field and the same for everyone.

If there is a trade issue, I have no problem reversing it providing both managers pm me that they are happy for it to be reversed, otherwise its a non issue as far as i'm concerned.

Thanks..didn't want to create a drama..was just asking for a favour for an honest (and stupid) mistake. Appreciate the intervention.
    The app is rubbish though this year.

How come no waivers processed this morning?

setanta74 wrote: »
    How come no waivers processed this morning?

I honestly dont know...

Does anyone have a computer to hand to look at the settings. I haven't changed them and they ran on thurs last week so not sure why they havent run this week

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    Does anyone have a computer to hand to look at the settings. I haven't changed them and they ran on thurs last week so not sure why they havent run this week

Settings seem fine and my waiver claims are still saying that they're due to be processed Thursday morning, so it's probably a bug. Unless it's on central time, as it's still technically the morning here (11.06 as of writing)

Advertisement