Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil, coal, turf, briquettes and firewood, where to get?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

BOILERJUICE dont operate in Galway city, and i thought this was a galway city thread???

They took my order (Renmore) and processed it (I got a email saying delivery in 2-3 days) still waiting tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

pencil wrote: »
    They took my order (Renmore) and processed it (I got a email saying delivery in 2-3 days) still waiting tho!

i tried to type in every area in the west side of the city and nothing,
    they can stick it anyway , not into middle dealing buy direct

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

My bargaining skills were a bit dull today.
    Sweeney quoted 325 for 500L
    Corrib 320 (.64 per L)
    I got the latter down another 20 quid as we order from them a good bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭legatti

500 Litres suttons for €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

legatti wrote: »
    500 Litres suttons for €300.

Crude Oil = $74 / bbl at mom
    Thats 53 cent a litre

500 litres 260
    so 40 for delivery in your case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭legatti

alibabba wrote: »
    Crude Oil = $74 / bbl at mom
    Thats 53 cent a litre

500 litres 260
    so 40 for delivery in your case

There was no delivery charge on that buddy, thats a straight 500L deal for 300, sweeney and corrib were @ 350 and 360. dunno where your getting your figures from, what crude costs has no bearing on what galway oil merchants charge never has done

legatti wrote: »
    There was no delivery charge on that buddy, thats a straight 500L deal for 300, sweeney and corrib were @ 350 and 360. dunno where your getting your figures from, what crude costs has no bearing on what galway oil merchants charge never has done

Sorry, i was going by this calulation, and i forgot to stick the vat into it

"This is the way I work the latest price out is which is open to correction.

Latest Barrel price is $124.81 / 1.58 exchange rate=78.99cent + 13.5% vat =.8965cent per litre, which Emo's website is showing at .8904 therefore I would think there prices are pretty ok, however if the US barrel price keep increasing and it will, by using the above pattern you can see it will get more expensive for us oil users."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

alibabba wrote: »
    Sorry, i was going by this calulation, and i forgot to stick the vat into it

"This is the way I work the latest price out is which is open to correction.

Latest Barrel price is $124.81 / 1.58 exchange rate=78.99cent + 13.5% vat =.8965cent per litre, which Emo's website is showing at .8904 therefore I would think there prices are pretty ok, however if the US barrel price keep increasing and it will, by using the above pattern you can see it will get more expensive for us oil users."

:confused:
    The raw product – crude oil - must be searched for beneath the surface of the Earth, extracted, transported across oceans, refined into kerosene and other products which are then freighted to Ireland, stored and delivered locally. Then duties and taxes and charges are added plus a margin for the distributors

snubbleste wrote: »
    :confused:
    The raw product – crude oil - must be searched for beneath the surface of the Earth, extracted, transported across oceans, refined into kerosene and other products which are then freighted to Ireland, stored and delivered locally. Then duties and taxes and charges are added plus a margin for the distributors

Well if you use that calulation:

todays crude oil price is $73.78 at the moment
    That €52.77
    100 litres in a barrel = 0.5277 a litre
    Add 13.5% VAT = 0.5989 cent a litre

That works out at pretty much the same as the 500 litres previuos poster got for 300 euro .

And it work out the same for me a while back when i got my fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Sweeney Oil 320Euro for 500L. Anyone got anything better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Oil gone again. 500 litres gone in 2 months. Damn cold spell

Anyone know who's offering the best deal this weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Mor Oil, 500L, €295.

Don't forget the carbon tax kicks in May 1st adding another 4.3c per litre on Kerosene and 4.6c per litre on Gas oil

Around an extra €26 on 500l

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Soon, well, that time of year again folks. Did anyone get kerosene lately?
    Am about to start ringing the places to see if I can get a better deal before it gets freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Biko; when you ring around, will you please put the quotes you got from the various companies up here.

Will do aye.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

I was down south last week and saw petrol going for €1.26 per litre in several places around Charleville (or therabouts). In Galway, prices seemed fixed at around €1.32.:mad:

Don't count on Galway oil companies for good value, whether for petrol or kerosene.

Texoil Galway online calculator says 1000l of kerosene is €670. This graph shows the price for the last year

heatingoil-ireland-1yearAvg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

That graph proves what i said to my neighbour the other day, that i only paid 49c a litre this time last year when i filled the tank up. I wont be getting oil this year until i really need to. I got a quote about 3 weeks ago of 72c/l!!!

snubbleste wrote: »
    Texoil Galway online calculator says 1000l of kerosene is €670. This graph shows the price for the last year

heatingoil-ireland-1yearAvg.jpg

That graph tells me one thing, when you compare the trend to my graph attached, when the price of oil goes up, the oil companies up the price of heating oil, but forget to bring it back down again ...

• Advertisement

It's that time of year again (unfortunately) when I need to start making my usual round of phonecalls to the 'cartel' to check out oil prices. Anyone got any recent info for me which might help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

http://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Galway.aspx

500 Litres Supplier 1,000 Litres
    €350.00 Jones Oil €660.00

Checked:9am 14th Sep, 2010

http://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Galway.aspx

500 Litres Supplier 1,000 Litres
    €350.00 Jones Oil €660.00

Checked:9am 14th Sep, 2010

To add to this I have been quoted the following prices on the phone:

Sutton Oil: 500L = €360
    1000L= €690

Corrib Oil: 500L = €345
    1000L= €675

Mor Oil: 500L = €360
    1000L = €670

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

What kind of heating oil are you getting quotes for? I rang Corrib a few days ago and they quoted me €360 for 500 litres of kerosene.

Citybin has started offering Kerosene too.
    This is the price if you're a waste bin customer with them.

Oil Delivery: 500 litres
    Range: 450 - 649 litres, Unit price per litre: €0.72.
    500 litres 360.00
    Domestic Waste Customer Discount -5.00
    Online Booking Discount -2.50
    Sum Order
    Total Price 352.50
    Total cost: 352.50

Oil Delivery: 1000 litres
    Range: 900+ litres, Unit price per litre: €0.685.
    1000 litres 685.00
    Domestic Waste Customer Discount -10.00
    Online Booking Discount -5.00
    Sum Order
    Total Price 670.00
    Total cost: 670.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

Wonder how that compares to the rest of the cartel in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

Having rung round for quotes for my oil; I have found Corrib Oil to be the cheapest.
    They were willing to beat my cheapest quote on 500 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Citybin are now doing oil, too; I got a flyer in my door about it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

72 c over phone and 70.5 c done online, plus half off price of next bill, is that good? City Bin that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Sorry Biko, just read your post there! Are they competitive?

Advertisement