Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil, coal, turf, briquettes and firewood, where to get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭martin6651

Thank you will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Amik wrote: »
    I ordered from Sweeneys last week for the first time and was also impressed with the service. Very friendly driver and they came within 3 hours of me ordering online.

Ran out last night.. guess we'll need one more fill before summer kicks in. Did a fast check and Sweeny seemed to have a good price of €425 for 500l. Easy payment all online too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

newkie wrote: »
    Ran out last night.. guess we'll need one more fill before summer kicks in. Did a fast check and Sweeny seemed to have a good price of €425 for 500l. Easy payment all online too.

When you say easy payment, do you mean easy as in you can spread the payments? or easy because it's online?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anywhere i could pick up a litre of kerosene?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Eeden wrote: »
    When you say easy payment, do you mean easy as in you can spread the payments? or easy because it's online?

I just meant it was simple as I ordered online.

I'd never considered the idea of a financing or a payment plan. It would be a pretty cool service to pay your oil on a monthly basis based on an estimate, much how electricity is done. Even better if they monitored and topped you up automatically. Someone invent this and take my money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

newkie wrote: »
    It would be a pretty cool service to pay your oil on a monthly basis based on an estimate, much how electricity is done.

I know! I can never afford to top up my tank by more than 200 litres at the very most. I think I'm on the phone to the oil company more often that I am to my family. Certainly this year, anyway

Any oil company that brings this in would have my business in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Any updates on good coal deals here? Want to pick up a few bags today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Any updates on good coal deals here? Want to pick up a few bags today.
    :eek:
    It's scorchio for the next two weeks
    http://www.meteoblue.com/en_GB/weather/charts/fourteenday/galway_ie_4045

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Well; I always stock up on sun protection in January sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Top Oil quoted me 550 litres for 500 euro today.

So thats 0.909c per liter.

They beat a few others but there wasn't much in it, just a few cents per liter.

Should have bought it when it was roasting :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I found corrib oil slightly cheaper 500 liters for 455. It was 465 with top and citybin

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Anyone know of any good firewood deals in the Galway region? Looking to get a load of timber for the winter. (stove burning)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Both adverts and donedeal have ads for firewood, did you check there already?
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_firewood/
    http://www.donedeal.ie/find/all/for-sale/Ireland/firewood
    You can narrow results to Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Thanks Biko, had a look alright. Just wondering if any Boardsies knew of deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Hey,

Sweeney oil quoted 500 litres for 445 euro and same day delivery.

Hope that helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 rushrovers

Can somebody please PM me Billy Lally's details if you have a chance.... Or somebody else I can order coal and fuel at a good price....

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭holdmybeer

Got a quote of 500L for 435 euro today from Corrib, Moroil and Cosyhome Heating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Recently I was quoted €435 for 500L (87c/litre) by Cosyhome, Top and Claddagh Oil.

Claddagh Oil came up trumps because they reduced it to €430 to get my business.

Shop around folks, and negotiate a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Are Citybin still doing oil or have Sweeney's taken that over ?

westy

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

westgolf wrote: »
    Are Citybin still doing oil or have Sweeney's taken that over ?

westy

I just went to order online from Citybin and was redirected to sweeney's web site, so that should answer your question.
    10 euro discount offer at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭tphase

Ludikrus wrote: »
    10 euro discount offer at the moment.
    that 10 euro offer is for 1000l, 5 euro discount for 500l and you need to have a voucher (which they were putting in letterboxes a few weeks ago - valid until the end of Nov). Just got a fill this morning but topped out at 900l so only got a fiver off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

€355 for 400 litres from Corrib Oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Anybody know of any good deals on for coal , will be looking for 3 x 40kg delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Someone at work told me a place in Athenry selling 40kg bags for €14.

I'll try and verify this asap

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Someone at work told me a place in Athenry selling 40kg bags for €14.

I'll try and verify this asap

Thanks for reply. Would be looking to get it delivered to west side of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 underfed

Dont worry about the shill bit Gunther the cat. I previously posted a genuine comment, in good faith, about a restaurant. I can see the point in the moderator being careful, otherwise every Tom Dick and Harry would be promoting their own or friends services.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

tphase wrote: »
    that 10 euro offer is for 1000l, 5 euro discount for 500l and you need to have a voucher (which they were putting in letterboxes a few weeks ago - valid until the end of Nov). Just got a fill this morning but topped out at 900l so only got a fiver off :(

Just to update this, I was able to apply the €10 discount online (using voucher code TCBC10) on a €500 order and it worked fine. See below:
    You ordered the following items:

- 574 Kerosene €499.38

Discount: €10.00

Total: €489.38

--

I also checked with Corrib Oil before I ordered and they had the exact same price, 574 litres for €500 but that didn't have any discount, so I went with Sweeney/CityBin instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cathy427

Find Corrib the best - last time they mentioned that in future only going to do best price for over 450 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭IS_a_Class

anyone got info on good value coal? prices seem to be up this year, with few deals available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭IS_a_Class

no one getting a good deal this year or what?

Advertisement