Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil, coal, turf, briquettes and firewood, where to get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

JackyJoe wrote: »
    Not sure about giving out mobile numbers, but last week in the Advertiser under the FUEL section there is an ad for coal, ad is in it again this week, you cannot miss it as it is the longest one. I got 5 bags of smokeless for 13.50euro a bag , a 40kg bag. Which I thought wa pretty good, they also delivered. Two guys seemed sound to me, coal was good stuff, great heat. All snug as a bug in a rug.
    Ficheall wrote: »
    Is there anyone who delivers coal? 'twas bad enough carrying the bale of briquettes back..

Got these above to deliver 3 bags of coal (3x40kg bags for €42).

Sound lads they were, but one thing, even though I pointed out the coal bunker to them, they put the coal bags beside it, not emptied them into it.

So just remind them you want the coal IN THE BUNKER :)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Just bought 3 bags of 40Kg smoke coal from the headford road petrol station near ballindooley stores.

€14 a bag

Beatty Fuels - Champion Coal is what's written on the bag. Comes down from Fermanagh

Hopefully there is good heat out of it.

The smokeless coal was there too for €15 but didn't get any of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

flynnlives wrote: »
    at the centra?
    or the londis?

not sure..think it was a mace...on the left..last shop on left heading towards galway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Can I remind citizens that it's an offence to burn smoky coal within city limits and within a certain radius outside. Offenders face a fine of up to €5k if convicted. Map of smoky coal ban area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

snubbleste wrote: »
    Can I remind citizens that it's an offence to burn smoky coal within city limits and within a certain radius outside. Offenders face a fine of up to €5k if convicted. Map of smoky coal ban area

No, you may not.

/me burns wet smoky coal while cutting turf in east galway and driving the car full with washed diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

:eek:
    You're a heartlawbreaker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

see
    LillySV wrote: »
    bought 40kg of coal in kilcolgan tonite for 11.90 (i think...its 11 something anyways) and proper stuff..great heat out of it :)

Thats a really good price, where in Kilcolgan did u get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

LillySV wrote: »
    not sure..think it was a mace...on the left..last shop on left heading towards galway

ya ur right, it is a mace and not a centra!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

3x20kg coal in aughrim for €20. Haven't tried it yet so don't know what the quality is like but can't go wrong I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Cosyhome 92c/litre for 500 litres
    Texoil 92c
    Corrib Oil 93c
    MacMahon 93c
    Top 93c
    Sweeney 93c
    Mor Oil 94c
    City Bin 95c
    Suttons 95c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Fey! wrote: »
    http://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/galway.aspx

I ordered off Cosyhome earlier; we've used him for our last few fills, and he's consistently in the top 5 cheapest. For 500 or 1,000 litres there's only about €3 between the cheapest 3 at the moment, so I don't think it's worth making a dozen phonecalls over.

They also deliver €150 worth as well, maybe not the cheapest way of doing it, but if your stuck for cash and cold then its a quick fix. Ordered today at 2.00 pm and they were banging on my door at 6.30, so quick service as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gunter the Cat

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is there anyone who delivers coal? 'twas bad enough carrying the bale of briquettes back..

Billy Lally delivers coal to me every week, he is so reliable and nothing is a problem to him and good fun at the same time, his mobile number is 087-<snip, numbers by Private Message only>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Billy Lally delivers coal to me every week, he is so reliable and nothing is a problem to him and good fun at the same time, his mobile number is 087-<snip, numbers by Private Message only>

How much is the coal, and where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Thank for the info Billy... your other post is about TV3's "Deception"... funny that.

RubyGirl wrote: »
    How much is the coal, and where are you based?
    Billy is based in Ballybane and you will get his phone number in phone book under local coal man in the yellow pages:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lally has got some good recommendations before in this thread by established users so I'm ok with it even if Gunter comes across like a shill.

What do you mean by shill????

What do you mean by shill????
    A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization.

If you have further questions, please PM me so we can keep this thread about coal.

I am no shill, I take exception to this as I was only trying to be helpfull

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

3 bales of BnM briquettes for €9.99 at the texaco / centra in oranmore village....... they also doing deals on coal too but did'nt buy so cant say the price......

Worth a look if in the area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 galway2409

ran out of oil today shopped around for price today and rang all the usuals top, corrib, texoil etc. Was ordering 500L worth and found sweeneys and texoil to be the best at 92c a litre. Texoil couldnt come out until tomorow but sweeneys came within 2 hours of ordering and got calender, pens and key rings! Will definitely ring them again

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Shopped around yesterday myself for 500 Litres and Clada Oil where the best price at E455 (91 Cents Per Litre) , the rest of them seemed to be E465

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

I ordered from Sweeneys last week for the first time and was also impressed with the service. Very friendly driver and they came within 3 hours of me ordering online.

CityBin used to have great free waste for a month deals but nothing since. They're always the most expensive whenever I've called around.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭buzz11

Robbo wrote: »
    Topaz Silver Strand have 25 litre cans for sale.

Went there yesterday and they were charging €5 for the container but wouldn't offer to refund this if the empty ones were taken back.....pity they should offer something for the old container back.

Perhaps they sell them for you to reuse the cans when buying more?
    But yeah if they charge for the can they should refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

buzz11 wrote: »
    Went there yesterday and they were charging €5 for the container but wouldn't offer to refund this if the empty ones were taken back.....pity they should offer something for the old container back.

I think they are 20 litre cans in Silverstrand.
    As Biko mentioned the idea is you can return with your original can/drum and refill without paying the fiver.
    It's no big deal IMO if you get this at the start of the winter and keep using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

I've run out of oil on a Friday evening and it's a tad nippy.

I will phone around tomorrow morning to see who, if any, of the oil companies deliver on a Saturday.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

They all do.
    Merged with the massive oil thread, it'll have quotes and web links.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭martin6651

I have done a search of the forum and cant find what I'm looking for. So is there any garage in the galway city area that sells small quantities of kerosene.

• Advertisement

No worries, it's mentioned in the thread I'm merging with.

Sweeney Oil garage (the ex Topaz place on Menlo roundabout) and Silverstrand garage have had them during the cold, not sure about now that it's getting warm.

Advertisement