Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Yay, hopefully pick one up tonight. Is it good? I used to love blue cheese.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I really liked it, different but really nice. Had spirulina, cashews etc so it also is a lot better for you than other fake cheeses I see. I'd like to try their "cheese" plate!

Just read the Vegan Ireland thread on after hours. Woops :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

To read or not to read.....

• Advertisement

I'd rather avoid the never ending battle with non-reasonable people, feels like this :p

giphy.gif

I know, I don't know why I even clicked on it. I knew what it was gonna be but somehow I just don't learn.

Oh I used to write essays in those threads for years, takes a lot of self control when something annoying like that comes up. Ugh. I can really understand having to click in but you inevitably feel worse for it which I have to remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

There's a thread about veganism/vegetarianism every few weeks in AH and they always end up the same. some people get so outraged and offended at the idea of someone being a vegetarian.

...but yet this forum is so quiet, they're not the bravest people!

Anyway I feel like I can't say nothing when I know it's there, I feel better to say something, I try to remember that I'm not vegan for a selfish reason so I just feel the need to say something. Head melting though all right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

If we wasn't sposed to eat meat then why are they made of bacon?
    #imacomedian

10445597_1506472906286317_7977557768853056767_n.jpg?oh=d76131030902667bc5385fb0d11b38fb&oe=55142D09

those banana pancakes..................

Well didn't make it to Cornucopia. After spending nearly an hour going in circles around town because of roads being closed for the protests, we gave up and came home :(

Town was a bit mental alright, Dropped into KC peaches the other night, didn't know the did food other than cakes, but they have a pretty salad bar, I overloaded on some Kale salad and they also had a vegan cake yum.

That thread........

I can't understand people who really drive home the idea they love animals..........yet eat them?

damn you sova, i want to go every week :mad:

Just heard about these new rules for EU restaurants having to state what foods contain particular allergens on the menu. Eggs and milk are on the list, which will be handy. Shame its not all dairy though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2870417/Anger-new-EU-rules-force-restaurants-inform-customers-linked-14-food-allergies.html

Ah, nice start, you'd think it would add all dairy though as it's the same problem.

Sova are doing a new years party I see, ticket includes a main and two starters. BYOB haha, cheap drinking then.

ROavB9X.jpg?1

Gonna try again tonight to get into town and buy some cornucopia cheese. Fingers crossed this time!

Well this time I actually made it to Cornucopia. Unfortunately they said they don't have any cheese, haven't had any for 2 weeks and don't know when they will be having any again :(

• Advertisement

I've never had this infamous cheese, do they make amazing vegan cheeses or something?

AH that sucks loveisdivine, pain in the ass to get in there.

They do Zombienosh, they sell blue cheeseand other things to takeaway and serve cheese plates in the restaurant.

I bought a few packs of Violife cheese in The Health Store yesterday, it goes really well on homemade pizza and make great toasted cheesy sandwiches.

Yeah that stuff is great, when I was at the vegetarian day fair thing they were there with all their cheeses, delicious times were had! Yes I would like to try them all. Got their cheese from firehouse pizza this week, nice that it's starting to appear in pizza places.

Just found out Justin Hawkins (of The Darkness) is vegan and looking awfully attractive these days :D

Bn1JoJqIUAA0QKxjpg-large_zps24364605.jpeg

looking awfully attractive
    2gydix4.gif

hahahah

It's an improvement I'll give ye that :D

Time to prepare for home

10454437_756772227750569_7434610146654507756_n.jpg?oh=d70a326199a6d03777b1255f621755d7&oe=5534F3F2&__gda__=1426053962_d50a12b91cd27651d998bbcf18a322b6

Thank god for Actifed, Manflu all over the place last few days, took so much actifed I've been high as a kite.

• Advertisement

the sheer joy of receiving a lambswool jumper

said no vegan ever :rolleyes:

Advertisement