Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Fines jewellery closing down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Vanquished

sioda wrote: »
    Fines jewellery closing down

They've been bought out by the ruggers experience crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Love her or hate her, it is a shame to see another unit go unoccupied. I assume she is planning on working out of her home if supplying via Uber Eats. FWIW, I find her burritos miles ahead of anything I've had in Boojum so far - which has been very underwhelming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Love her or hate her, it is a shame to see another unit go unoccupied. I assume she is planning on working out of her home if supplying via Uber Eats. FWIW, I find her burritos miles ahead of anything I've had in Boojum so far - which has been very underwhelming

The Brendan's Burritos stand at the castletroy farmers market by SuperValu on a Friday - best burrito I've had in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Some days I've went to get a burrito from her and she wasn't open. She'd be open one day and then the same day next week it was closed. It was very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I've speculated it lots in the past, but is Paper View in the Crescent finally done?
    Walked past at 3PM and it was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I've speculated it lots in the past, but is Paper View in the Crescent finally done?
    Walked past at 3PM and it was closed.

thought that was closed for renovations they were ripping that down there before xmas with limited room in the shop

thought that was closed for renovations they were ripping that down there before xmas with limited room in the shop. did notice that today when passing earlier than u
    They turned it from a decent sized shop to a tiny one around then but it had been up and running since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

They turned it from a decent sized shop to a tiny one around then but it had been up and running since then.
    ya it was. wondering is it closed now so they can do the other part now or what ?

ya it was. wondering is it closed now so they can do the other part now or what ?
    I think that separating the two units was a method of cutting their cloth rather than staged development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

thought that was closed for renovations they were ripping that down there before xmas with limited room in the shop. did notice that today when passing earlier than u

Therapie is going into the other half

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

According to a Staff Member last week they are Closing Down....He certainly didn't mention any sort of Refit.
    There was a planning application on the unit a few months back, but that may have just been to separate one double-unit into two singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

I know it's co Clare but Wood & Bell restaurant Killaloe closing 23rd Feb announced via FB page . Lovely spot popular with Limerick folk v high brow menu price wise hard to sustain in the Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Derbhoy wrote: »
    I know it's co Clare but Wood & Bell restaurant Killaloe closing 23rd Feb announced via FB page . Lovely spot popular with Limerick folk v high brow menu price wise hard to sustain in the Winter.

Bear in mind its only the restaurant upstairs that is closing (by the look of the post anyways), the cafe and wine bar downstairs will remain open.

True indeed Coffee shop downstairs remaining open .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Derbhoy wrote: »

is it just for the winter are for good??

Sadly it's permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Korkys Shoes and Art & Hobby Shop on Cruises Street have closed down. Wider discussion on Cruises Street not being fit for purpose for 21st century retail and leisure as reported in the Leader. (some would say it was never fit for purpose. I was in UL in the 1990s and it was a ghost street with mostly empty shops for most of the time I was there).

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/360258/limericks-cruises-street-facing-significant-future-challenges.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

ongarboy wrote: »
    Korkys Shoes and Art & Hobby Shop on Cruises Street have closed down. Wider discussion on Cruises Street not being fit for purpose for 21st century retail and leisure as reported in the Leader. (some would say it was never fit for purpose. I was in UL in the 1990s and it was a ghost street with mostly empty shops for most of the time I was there).

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/360258/limericks-cruises-street-facing-significant-future-challenges.html

From day one the units weren't big enough. River Island had to knock into the unit next door to get enough floor space.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

And that unit was Next who had an upstairs space was woefully tiny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Street isn't fit for purpose, on unit size mostly, especially considering on the rear there are even apartments so difficult to expand. An example of a street that works on a footprint scale(albeit much higher buildings) is Opera Lane in Cork.

https://operalane.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭BobMc

H Samuel next to close on William st

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

BobMc wrote: »

Is that a prediction or fact??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭pigtown

From day one the units weren't big enough. River Island had to knock into the unit next door to get enough floor space.
    I don't understand why River Island can take this initiative and others can't. Loads of retailers have to be proactive when trying to find suitable units to rent but for some reason this is barely considered as a possibility. It'll be interesting to see where M&S are eying up for a location because there's no existing unit big enough for them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

tommy249 wrote: »

They've closed a lot of their Dublin branches and also Galway recently. Sounds like another high street chain casualty rather than Limerick specific pull out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭BobMc

Wife saw signs earlier tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

tommy249 wrote: »

Posters in the windows confirm the closure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

mgbgt1978 wrote:
    Posters in the windows confirm the closure

Thats a shame i used to get batteries for watches in there will go to JJ's from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭Comhrá

kilburn wrote: »
    Thats a shame i used to get batteries for watches in there will go to JJ's from now on

I always found the service at JJ's far better than HS to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭pigtown

Oh I know that, I thought he meant that the Limerick store in particular was in trouble.

For what it's worth, M&S aim to have closed over 100 stores within 5 years so just because a retailer is restructuring their store numbers doesn't automatically mean Limerick stores are at risk.

Advertisement