Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Jofspring wrote: »
    Jody's down by the potato market closing
    Hes is going back to selling at the market at the weekend only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

mossym wrote: »
    looks like they gambled on a big xmas turnover to get into the black that didn't happen. would agree with the article that the lack of a catalogue for the kids to spend weeks leafing through pre-xmas is a real negative for any shop looking to go up against smiths

I never went in there myself but from all reports I've had back they were noticeably more expensive than Smyths too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭black & white

h3000 wrote: »
    I never went in there myself but from all reports I've had back they were noticeably more expensive than Smyths too.

I hadn't been in a toy shop for years but went in to both Smyths & TrU in October to get something for grandsons birthday and Smyths had a bigger choice and were much cheaper for what we decided on. We ended up getting a garage with ramps, car wash etc and Smyths was 40ish and TrU was 60ish for the exact same make & model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Pc world has closed as well & moved to all the stock to Currys. I could see that happening anyway since they rebranded the store.It was gone to Crap. you couldnt get hardly any pc parts in there. They didnt have them or usually werent in stock. (i know about online stores) but it was handy if the item was faulty to return it that sending away again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Pc world has closed as well & moved to all the stock to Currys. I could see that happening anyway since they rebranded the store.It was gone to Crap. you couldnt get hardly any pc parts in there. They didnt have them or usually werent in stock. (i know about online stores) but it was handy if the item was faulty to return it that sending away again.

The Parent group has said recently that ALL Pc World, Currys and Dixons will be soon, all over the UK/Ireland be brought together(where possible) into One Building.

So I assume that means town is to close because it's an odd location if you want to collect something and NOT illegaly park.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    The Parent group has said recently that ALL Pc World, Currys and Dixons will be soon, all over the UK/Ireland be brought together(where possible) into One Building.

So I assume that means town is to close because it's an odd location if you want to collect something and NOT illegaly park.

The town one is practically impossible to collect anything from unless u go early illegal park while u load up on the road or in the lane Brown thomas one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The town one is practically impossible to collect anything from unless u go early illegal park while u load up on the road or in the lane Brown thomas one.

Well, it's worked for 10+ years so I think it should be Curry's who decide its fate and not the good people of boards.ie

Well, it's worked for 10+ years so I think it should be Curry's who decide its fate and not the good people of boards.ie

I was talking about impossible to collect anything (big) without illegal parking.Not its fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Berty wrote: »

What if you live in town and don't need parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Limerick91

7 Camicie closed on Patrick Street
    They said to me that they are relocating

• Advertisement

zulutango wrote: »
    What if you live in town and don't need parking?
    Are u talking about big or small items ?? (sometimes you might get the same items cheaper in Argos.)

If it is a big item u are hardly going to be carrying it urself to ur house. Be too awkard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Limerick91 wrote: »

Was only saying the other day that I was surprised they didn't move to a bigger shop. They've got a good selection of shirts for great prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Cappuccinos on Roches Street is closed down. It's been closed since New Years Eve so might have been mentioned here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Little Miss Piggys Kids Shoe Shop currently having a closing down sale in Annacotty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Objekt furniture shop in Adare has closed. Surprised it stayed opened for as long as it did tbh. I don't know how the one in Newcastle West keeps going with their extortionate prices.

I see that Joli on Catherine Street is closing down too. It's disappointing as it was a great place to pick up a nice bag,scarf or hat at a decent price. It's really only Brown Thomas left for accessories now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

panda100 wrote: »
    Objekt furniture shop in Adare has closed. Surprised it stayed opened for as long as it did tbh. I don't know how the one in Newcastle West keeps going with their extortionate prices.

I see that Joli on Catherine Street is closing down too. It's disappointing as it was a great place to pick up a nice bag,scarf or hat at a decent price. It's really only Brown Thomas left for accessories now.

Oh joli was nice.got 2 things in the past there
    No selection in town sadly anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

The Blind Pig bar is closing, the owner Niall is heading to Ibiza to open a bar their and closing The Blind Pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

davo2001 wrote: »
    The Blind Pig bar is closing, the owner Niall is heading to Ibiza to open a bar their and closing The Blind Pig.

****!! That's a shame. really liked it there.

Yeah heard its closing think it had run its course

That's a shame! I love The Blind Pig! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Hopefully somebody will take it on. We need more choice in town not less!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

What was the story with the blind pig? I went there when it first opened and it was a rock/metal bar (which I liked) but from knowing some of the people that started drinking there after about 7 or 8 months in business did it change over time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Limerick91 wrote: »

No mention on their Facebook page. Where am I going to get my weird shirts now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Such a pity about The Blind Pig.

I was in there a good bit over Christmas and new year and they ran out of beer and change a couple of times! It's something I liked about the place though, it always had a quirky, unexpected feel to a night out. I really loved the speakeasy upstairs too and always used to bring my friends visiting Limerick there. Sad to see that go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

I liked the beer they had and the music but found the place to be awful cliquey

Red King wrote: »

You're not wrong there. I never really cared but a lot of my friends didn't like it as they felt like they were intruding.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Felt the same to be honest, it always felt like we were bothering the "regulars" to the point where we stopped going. A shame though, they had great music and beer selection.

Went to Blind Pig today
    No Guinness Beamish cider or gin 4 drinks we asked for
    Glad its closing thats so badly run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, I felt the same too being honest. Wasn't too bad when busy but when quiet I definitely felt I was gate crashing a private function or catch-up between friends.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

When are they supposed to be closing? The place was absolutely mobbed on Saturday for Carnival.

Advertisement