Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Spoke with John in the past and he couldn't complete with on-line stores, even building my last bike it was done with John getting frame + wheels, and sourcing groupset and finishing kit myself on-line.. Very sad as I've bought from John for 20+ Yrs and traded up many times
    Bike shop in o connell ave is very busy

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Hard to believe Lockies is gone. A real Limerick institution

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

bigpink wrote: »
    Bike shop in o connell ave is very busy

It's got a few advantages that An Siopa Rother didn't have, i.e. better location, and significantly more space.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭apc

Always enjoyed going into Siopa Rothar John and Jimmy were a pleasure to deal with. Will miss them

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Location Parking Shortage of Space no chance of any expansion in that Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mothercare on Cruises Street is closing tomorrow. Hopefully the unit will be snapped up. It's a decent size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Mothercare on Cruises Street is closing tomorrow. Hopefully the unit will be snapped up. It's a decent size.

Mothercare?? Jesus that's been there forever... sad loss for the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

jaxxx wrote: »
    Mothercare?? Jesus that's been there forever... sad loss for the city.

Ya mothercase is closing down several branches round the country, crescent one is still open though.

zulutango wrote: »
    It's got a few advantages that An Siopa Rother didn't have, i.e. better location, and significantly more space.

Its tiny cramped and very untidy.How i better location

Urban Vineyard wine bar has closed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

That's a shame it was really nice. Staff lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

I'd say a lot of people didn't even know it existed.
    Looked very drab from the outside too.

They were always up against tough competition with The Copper Rooms as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

where was this? don't think ever heard of it tbh

where was this? don't think ever heard of it tbh

On Denmark Street, right across from Phil Flannery's.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

I had heard of it and was going to go in and try it some time because I think Limerick could do well with a handful of late opening wine bars on the scene. What a shame. They could have been better advertised however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Another one opened next to the Quays bar also. There seems to be a market there alright it's just about having the right location I reckon. Promotion helps also, a lot of people ink so never knew they existed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Derbhoy wrote: »
    Alfies Chipper Ballycummin closed up in the last few days didn't last long . Pub working away fine which is good for the Area.

awfully surprised at that, all new equipment and new decor. Food was really fresh and nicer than some established chippers

Be a indian turkish kebab shop before soon

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Another one opened next to the Quays bar also. There seems to be a market there alright it's just about having the right location I reckon. Promotion helps also, a lot of people ink so never knew they existed either.

Where is this Jofspring, the pub that used to be Riddlers??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Another one opened next to the Quays bar also. There seems to be a market there alright it's just about having the right location I reckon.

The Empty Glass. Really nice in there and great food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Limerick91 wrote: »

Where is this Jofspring, the pub that used to be Riddlers??

No it's a part of the same building the quays is in. To the left of the reception to the hotel as you look at the building.

Thought denmark at would have been a great location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Always wondered about urban vineyard and what it was. Looked kind of dodgy from the outside.

Suppose the empty glass has the hotel to fall back on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Tefral

A wine bar opening shortly in the Milk Market, keep an eye out for that.

cronin_j wrote: »
    A wine bar opening shortly in the Milk Market, keep an eye out for that.

Where abouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Where abouts
    Somewhere between the gunshop in one corner and the cafe in the other corner 150m away. :p:pac:

Thats an awful location
    People that woukd use a wine bar dont want to be in the middle of the nightly warzone that area with kebab street has turned into

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

Kelly's Shoe Gallery in the Crescent is closing after 19 years. Hoping to re-locate. That's store number two gone there now. There's more coming though. I'm told that Regatta are taking the two units next to them in the Crescent, one of which is the Change store which is closing. Regatta must be doing great business in Limerick - the Crescent and Arthurs Quay are two of the most expensive places to do business!

Advertisement