Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I sir am one of those squabbling toddlers and if you care to revaluate your social analysis nowadays a common Cork pass time is to point north east and shout..
    'things are bad but at least we're not living up there with those langers'

(which means you, as in west brit, royal love'n, Duke of Wellington quoting fiends)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I sir am one of those squabbling toddlers and if you care to revaluate your social analysis nowadays a common Cork pass time is to point north east and shout..

(which means you, as in west brit, royal love'n, Duke of Wellington quoting fiends)

Dubs? Royal lovin'? You've some nerve after you all fell over yourselves to suck up to Betty last year. Rebels me hole. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I know, I thought that funny,

Dublin: riot police/ city shut down/ mini riot/ empty streets like 28 days later.

Cork: Friendly/ Shinners hold a 'down with this kinda thing' demo/ 'tell your people to bring their sterling' attitude'/ 'Cute Cork whoure' approch; priceless.

Anyway, if some rich bird brings in tourists sure we'll let her go shopping for groceries if she wants!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

RT66 wrote: »
    Dubs? Royal lovin'? You've some nerve after you all fell over yourselves to suck up to Betty last year. Rebels me hole. :D

Sure there was only ever one proper rebel from there and the feckers shot him in the back!;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Dropped my keys this morning somewhere between Upper Kilmacud road and Tallaght Village, bag did not close correctly and they must have hopped out.

One Pink keyring with the writing "Sports Science Lab"
    4 kryptonite keys, 3 have black plastic ends.
    A couple of house keys.

If anyone happened to pick them up I would be ever so grateful to see them returned. The route I took is here: http://g.co/maps/6q368

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

What the hell was going on on cruagh/kilkee road this morning? Some kind of race of all sorts from ****ty hybrids to carbon wet dreams... looked like fun but some of those lads were taking them turns seriously wide, made me nervous ascending with these guys coming down, literally inches at times... i'd hate to have been a car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

What the hell was going on on cruagh/kilkee road this morning? Some kind of race of all sorts from ****ty hybrids to carbon wet dreams... looked like fun but some of those lads were taking them turns seriously wide, made me nervous ascending with these guys coming down, literally inches at times... i'd hate to have been a car

saw that, not sure wha it was, on way down thought two tri lads a lesson in descending by keeping to my side of road and been too quick, pity a young ladie turning right decided not give me room down inside so i could roll threw near bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

...so lights out, computer off and sit around the turf fire telling each other lies. If its going good don't stop at 9.30 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

There was a duathlon on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, the Hellfire Duathlon, was usually on a weekday evening but this year it's a Saturday. There's one which includes the run up Hellfire and two laps on the bike followed by the run again, the other the run is around Cruagh, bike and run again. I've done the last two years and only recall one bad accident, nothing to do with a car.

It's a good day out, decent mix of competitors, from serious triathletes to guys just out giving it a go on their clunkers.

Manafana, what did you think about the two tri lads, you never finished off your sentence.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Roadtoad wrote: »
    ...so lights out, computer off and sit around the turf fire telling each other lies. If its going good don't stop at 9.30 pm.

not a hope

playing electric guitar, just turned telly on

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yeah, the Hellfire Duathlon, was usually on a weekday evening but this year it's a Saturday. There's one which includes the run up Hellfire and two laps on the bike followed by the run again, the other the run is around Cruagh, bike and run again. I've done the last two years and only recall one bad accident, nothing to do with a car.

It's a good day out, decent mix of competitors, from serious triathletes to guys just out giving it a go on their clunkers.

Manafana, what did you think about the two tri lads, you never finished off your sentence.

dont see what i had to finish, simply passes them on way down, the keeping to my side of road was joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ah nothing, I was being a grammar nazi as I perceived a bit of attitude towards the guys, be it real or not. Don't mind me.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ah nothing, I was being a grammar nazi as I perceived a bit of attitude towards the guys, be it real or not. Don't mind me.

no worries im not a great speller that is true. Iv been known to run and swim myself just not at same time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

this may be perceived as a very lazy question, and it probably is....but how much would this bike cost under the bike to work scheme? i realise its the 2011 model but i love the way it i-4s4Vzq9-L.jpg

is this the 2012 equivilant? and how does this bike compare to a trek 1500 slr full ultegra?
    http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=35&idproduct=48069

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Has anyone checked out the new version of google maps?

Here's a video explaining all the new benefits.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

"Beware of aul lads wearing lids", is an expression my dad picked up somewhere referring to elderly gents who wear flat caps while driving. I (nearly literally) ran into one such man today, who decided to slowly come out in front of me as I was descending at speed between the Naul and Oldtown. I don't particularly like being the shouting cyclist type, but it stopped him coming all the way out.

"Beware of aul lads wearing lids", is an expression my dad picked up somewhere referring to elderly gents who wear flat caps while driving. I (nearly literally) ran into one such man today, who decided to slowly come out in front of me as I was descending at speed between the Naul and Oldtown. I don't particularly like being the shouting cyclist type, but it stopped him coming all the way out.

I think it's perfectly ok to shout in that situation. It's saved me on a few occassions. It's getting shouty after someone has pulled out in front of you that's a bit pointless.

put this in gambling thread but a very good bet on offer in this weeks tour of the basque country, goes off 12.15pm

Sam Sanchez to beat Frank Scleck 4/7 vcbet, betvc whatever its called now.

Also 7/10 to beat Kloden,

Neither frank nor kloden have showed much this season, kloden decided not ride the crit, frank did and couldnt even hang in with main group on the big climb. Sam is coming off a strong cataluyna and another good showing is on the cards, will also take time on frank in the tt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Quick question lads, when fitting the seat on a hybrid bike rather than a road bike, should I make allowances for the different ride position when setting the angle, or should I approach it the same way as a road bike? Is it as important to set a hybrid bike's saddle close to dead level as it is on a road bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Quick question lads, when fitting the seat on a hybrid bike rather than a road bike, should I make allowances for the different ride position when setting the angle, or should I approach it the same way as a road bike? Is it as important to set a hybrid bike's saddle close to dead level as it is on a road bike?

No, yes, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

whoop, passed my driving test. Time to smash up my bikes with a hammer! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

buffalo wrote: »

Well done on passing your test. Don't smash your bikes, give them to me or just use the car for it's intended use: bringing your bike to races/ sportives.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lumen wrote: »
    No, yes, yes.

Yes that does feel better, thanks. Don't know why it was set up otherwise.

45111_1200182859004_160.jpg

Out of my way I'm a motorist!

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Time to smash up my bikes with a hammer! :pac:

Nah, just drive the car over them.

Congrats.

From YLYL

2008-10-02-TheThreat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Can anyone recommend an insurance company that take bikes in their T&C?
    Didn't find one myself over the past few years but was mainly focusing on cost at the time. I'd appreciate any tips, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Dubba wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an insurance company that take bikes in their T&C?
    Didn't find one myself over the past few years but was mainly focusing on cost at the time. I'd appreciate any tips, thanks.

If you are renting Ulster Bank contents insurance covers bikes on and off the property from theft. Don't think it covers accidental damage though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement