Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Holy cow batman, must....engage....small....chainring.................NOW !! :pac:

526353_2972597230191_1119593554_32256535_169070227_n.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Holy cow batman, must....engage....small....chainring.................NOW !! :pac:
    I'm saying nothing ....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Beasty wrote: »
    I'm saying nothing ....:D

It's a load of bull................isn't it !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

RobFowl wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0404/breaking9.html

Two men were rescued from the Sally Gap road near Roundwood, Co Wicklow after they became stuck in poor road conditions early this morning
    Motorists have been warned to avoid the area due to snow.

:eek:

Went as far as Glencree last night around 9pm. Snow was sticking on the roads just after the viewing point car park. Over the featherbeds it was horizontal snow blizzard conditions. From Glencree down to Enniskerry it was like the star ship enterprise at warp factor nine. You could barely see 30ft ahead. Any further up was just pure madness. I jinxed the weather when I took my winter tyres off the car over the weekend.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Attended Lakeside Wheelers table quiz this evening. Winning team had five people when everyone else had four. How ironic!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's a load of bull................isn't it !
    Oh, go on then ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Cycled into work in my slippers today. Like a boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Dónal wrote: »
    Jesus, that's the worst I've ever seen it up there.

I've only just noticed 3 guys on the deck of the boat, and not a life suit or preserver amongst them. Fishermen are hardcore.

Anyway, I'm going to be in Waterford City the weekend, a place I'm completely unfamiliar with, and need to get a ride in, anyone recommend a decent route, around the 50k mark ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I've only just noticed 3 guys on the deck of the boat, and not a life suit or preserver amongst them. Fishermen are hardcore.

Anyway, I'm going to be in Waterford City the weekend, a place I'm completely unfamiliar with, and need to get a ride in, anyone recommend a decent route, around the 50k mark ?

50km cycle would bring you to Kilkenny City, much nicer all together. :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

they certainly are - I've had occasion to spend time on different vessels and you show up with your survival gear and personal flotation device around your neck (I used to sleep with mine on) and these lads are working on a pitching deck in torn geanseys and oil-skins!

I asked a skipper once why he (or any skipper I met) and his crew never wore PFDs and he was quite philosophical - if the boat went down his preference would be to die quickly by drowning rather than bob about for hours and die slowly from hypothermia!

I can't say I could fault his logic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

http://www.wimp.com/fishbarrel/

Ah that was a good laugh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Jawgap wrote: »
    they certainly are - I've had occasion to spend time on different vessels and you show up with your survival gear and personal flotation device around your neck (I used to sleep with mine on) and these lads are working on a pitching deck in torn geanseys and oil-skins!

I asked a skipper once why he (or any skipper I met) and his crew never wore PFDs and he was quite philosophical - if the boat went down his preference would be to die quickly by drowning rather than bob about for hours and die slowly from hypothermia!

I can't say I could fault his logic!

My Uncle used to fish and gave me the same answer.

Very pragmatic to say the least....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Flight of the Conchords ?

I like this dance routine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is it wrong that I want to be able to dance like those guys ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Hermy wrote: »
    Attended Lakeside Wheelers table quiz this evening. Winning team had five people when everyone else had four. How ironic!

Warning: Pedant alert.

Where is the irony there? Are you a football player by any chance?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Maybe the final question was "name a really annoying boy band from the nineties?" and all but the winning team said "Six".

That doesn't work, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Is it wrong that I want to be able to dance like those guys ?
    Not at all.

This is food for thought too:

(I think an original member of the Village People is in there. For real.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

big bang theory night yeahh

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

After almost one year of fine service I am retiring my Kelly's Magnum trackpump, I really didn't think it would last more than a month or two but it has pumped thousands of tyres in the past eleven and a half months so it's time to let it go and introduce a new one, it still works fine and gauge seems to be accurate, it just leaks slightly at the pump head but if any one would like to give it a new home I'll donate it for free, it still has a few years of moderate use left in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Holyboy wrote: »
    After almost one year of fine service I am retiring my Kelly's Magnum trackpump, I really didn't think it would last more than a month or two but it has pumped thousands of tyres in the past eleven and a half months so it's time to let it go and introduce a new one, it still works fine and gauge seems to be accurate, it just leaks slightly at the pump head but if any one would like to give it a new home I'll donate it for free, it still has a few years of moderate use left in it!

Dibs!

:-D

I'm acctually looking for a rim too. My rear one keeps going out of true and the spoke tension is a bit all over the place to keep it near true. if that makes any sense at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

BX 19 wrote: »
    Dibs!

:-D

It's yours, it's lasted longer than any other pump I've ever used and I even lend it out on a daily basis, well done Kelly's is all I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Holyboy wrote: »
    It's yours, it's lasted longer than any other pump I've ever used and I even lend it out on a daily basis, well done Kelly's is all I have to say.

You going to buy a new kelly's one? or try something different?

NOTE TO SELF: reply.gif + :mad: = bad post
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Warning: Pedant alert.

Where is the irony there? Are you a football player by any chance?!?

Definitely not a football player - they're worse!:pac:
    I just thought it ironic that a table quiz run by a cycling club should award first prize to a team with one player too many given that cycling is a sport where cheats often prosper.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Hermy wrote: »
    NOTE TO SELF: reply.gif + :mad: = bad post

Definitely not a football player - they're worse!:pac:
    I just thought it ironic that a table quiz run by a cycling club should award first prize to a team with one player too many given that cycling is a sport where cheats often prosper.

Cycling full of cheats ...

Try football first lad.....

article-0-04E9441E0000044D-140_468x394.jpg

Anyone know where I can find a valve removal tool in Dublin? Something like that: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/stans-no-tubes-core-remover-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find a valve removal tool in Dublin? Something like that: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/stans-no-tubes-core-remover-1/
    I found one of them in my "random bike bits" box recently. Never used it before nor do I know why I'd be using it (you obviously do :)) , but you're welcome to it. I'm in lucan though but should be at the club league on Thursday if that's any good?

That would be great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭Junior

50km cycle would bring you to Kilkenny City Town, much nicer all together. :D

Fixed yer post for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭Junior

Waterford - Tramore - Bunmahon - Kill - Kilmeaden - Waterford. Job done.

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    Cycling full of cheats ...

Are you saying it isn't?

Genealogy Forum Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement