Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Whoop its over,people say I did good but im not so sure,anyways it doesnt much matter now. NEVER AGAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Holyboy wrote: »
    Whoop its over,people say I did good but im not so sure,anyways it doesnt much matter now. NEVER AGAIN!

You're drunk, aren't you ;) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Lumen wrote: »
    ROK ON wrote: »
    Sorry to do this, but is anyone else here sick of the use of a pejorative to describe a persons lifestyle choice or orientation

You don't like the butterfly then?

Lumen - I'm sorry for saying that that Englander reminded me of you. *sniff sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    That chap reminds me of Lumen. Can't for the life of me think why though...

I was reminded of Keep_Her_Lit.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Seen on Dawson Street today

6865318486_31e8b0ec7d_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

myself and 2 buddies cycled 70kms today - longest run yet. Feelin' good but so sleepy.... is it acceptable to go to bed at half 7 on a saturday night??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

bad2dabone wrote: »
    myself and 2 buddies cycled 70kms today - longest run yet. Feelin' good but so sleepy.... is it acceptable to go to bed at half 7 on a saturday night??

yes if your getting up early to go even further in the morning, or your saving up for lighter wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

manafana wrote: »
    yes if your getting up early to go even further in the morning, or your saving up for lighter wheels.

I plan on just doing 25k tomorrow. but lighter wheels you say.....interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I plan on just doing 25k tomorrow. but lighter wheels you say.....interesting.....

a new member for this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055577641

mwuhaahaa

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

is it acceptable to go to bed at half 7 on a saturday night??

Yes

(as long as you are 3 or less)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

RobFowl wrote: »
    Yes

(as long as you are 3 or less)

and if there's more than three of you? :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So there we are on the homeward drag of the Sunday spin coming from Roundwood at about 35km/h, single file to let the traffic pass, a motorbike comes past, returns to the centre of the lane, then next thing his rear wheel skids and he's thrown from the bike like a ragdoll, literally 20m in front of us.

Madness. He was eventually OK after coming round and getting over the initial shock. Looked like a broken everything on the left hand side (where he came down). His gear stood to him though and stayed intact.

Was very hard to make a serious go of the descents after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What a day to be on the bike!
    Beautiful along the coast here in Galway.
    I even want to clean my bike too!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

seamus wrote: »
    So there we are on the homeward drag of the Sunday spin coming from Roundwood at about 35km/h, single file to let the traffic pass, a motorbike comes past, returns to the centre of the lane, then next thing his rear wheel skids and he's thrown from the bike like a ragdoll, literally 20m in front of us.

Madness. He was eventually OK after coming round and getting over the initial shock. Looked like a broken everything on the left hand side (where he came down). His gear stood to him though and stayed intact.

Was very hard to make a serious go of the descents after that...

What time was this? Passed two ambulances on the drag before the sugarloaf around 2/2.15. Motorbike blokes directing traffic. Looked like there was a car involved so might have been a different accident.

I hate that stretch of road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I didn't get out on the bike once this weekend........ the missus had me out gardening for all of it. :(

More here

thats not very good paceline practice the front ones always in the wind

daragh_ wrote: »
    What time was this? Passed two ambulances on the drag before the sugarloaf around 2/2.15. Motorbike blokes directing traffic. Looked like there was a car involved so might have been a different accident.
    Yeah, you must have come through probably 20 minutes after we left. By absolute chance as we were calling for an ambulance, one of the lads pointed out that there was an ambulance sitting in the traffic behind us. It was one of those event ones - Order of Malta or similar - so no paramedics, but trained first-aiders with equipment, a million times more helpful than two guys asking the biker his name and telling him to stop trying to get up :D

The two lads directing traffic were two of our group who offered to stay behind and manage the traffic, fair play to them.
    I hate that stretch of road.
    It was actually grand yesterday. In a small group or on your own, and especially on a day like yesterday when the road is busy, cars get very aggressive. But we had a huge group, 18 or 19, so there were no cars acting the mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Darn, I've spent the last half hour looking but can't find it.

A few months ago, someone stuck up a video of a cycling infrastructure redesign in a dutch town. It might have been groningen, I'm not sure.

It was a narrated video, comparing the before-and-after of the design.

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Was it a video of Hans Monderman's work in Drachten? I know of lots of videos of Dutch infrastructure, but few of re-designs specifically; Monderman re-engineered a former roundabout in Drachten as shared space, and I know there's at least one video with a voiceover on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Darn, I've spent the last half hour looking but can't find it.

A few months ago, someone stuck up a video of a cycling infrastructure redesign in a dutch town. It might have been groningen, I'm not sure.

It was a narrated video, comparing the before-and-after of the design.

Anyone?

Was it this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76149531&postcount=56

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

I spotted something really strange in the city centre (dublin) the other day, Basically it was a mountain bike with drop bars and had this huge unpainted carbon fibre spar (dunno if that was the right word) running from the headtube to the saddle in place of a top tube. There was no seat tube. Had to look a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Came across this recent article from the US about a woman and a cow.

Dead Ed wrote: »
    I spotted something really strange in the city centre (dublin) the other day, Basically it was a mountain bike with drop bars and had this huge unpainted carbon fibre spar (dunno if that was the right word) running from the headtube to the saddle in place of a top tube. There was no seat tube. Had to look a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating

allsop softride ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Dead Ed wrote: »

I saw that too a few weeks ago (outside Arnotts side entrance).
    It's a "softride" frame albeit a very poor quality one!!!.
    These were popular ish for a while in the early 90's especially among those less fortunate than ourselves (ie triathletes).

They were supposed to make a smoother ride but simply made for a very "bouncy" one....

Something like this
    17-N0001.jpg

www.softride.com

Came across this recent article from the US about a woman and a cow.
    Jaysus, and then this on YLYL:
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/541771_209979922436969_100002748884780_290974_624335004_n.jpg

I don't think I'll ever see cows the same again on a spin...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

hup, zuk, zuk, zuk, zuk.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Good interview with Graeme Obree here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement