Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

I just passed a black SUV on the Military Road with a "Zombie Outbreak Response Unit" logo on the side. Should we be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That depends, what's your current level of fondness for brains?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

2011-02-07-Zombies.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

buffalo wrote: »
    I just passed a black SUV on the Military Road with a "Zombie Outbreak Response Unit" logo on the side. Should we be worried?

Bit of a slow response, Dublin has had high numbers of Zombies on the roads since I first came here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

CramCycle wrote: »
    Bit of a slow response, Dublin has had high numbers of Zombies on the roads since I first came here.

My brother in law actually has a plan of action for the Zombie apocalypse.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

RobFowl wrote: »

You mean you don't?!:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

colm_gti wrote: »
    You mean you don't?!:eek:

Mine involves sponging off him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

CramCycle wrote: »

The outbreaks at Jervis St Luas, Burgh Quay and Talbot Street have yet to be contained.

Although, they mostly just bother each other and amuse the tourists.

RobFowl wrote: »

According to Max Brooks, the bicycle will be the vehicle of choice for the well read survivors of the Apocalypse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

The genesis caribou would be great for the z apocalypse.
    IMG_1792_grande.jpg?1076

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

IMG_1792_grande.jpg?1076

Dear Lord! Is that what people would use for swamp racing? Might also make a nice floating device I'm assuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

The On-One Fatty is another option, 4-inch wide tyres and all. They refer to it as the "On-One 'Fatty' Fat Bike" which does little to create an image of a bike that you could use to escape anything with speed.

CBOOFATX5_P1.jpg

Here it is towing two little kids on toboggans/sleds in the snow. Good way to escape the zombies with the family perhaps, in winter anyway.

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Here's the pic of it, doesn't look like images can be attached when editing a post.

Sorry to hear that Hmmzis. That's the same place that my (steel) MTB frame snapped recently (and the previous time too). I wonder how common it is that drive-side droputs snap - I've never had it happen other than with this MTB of mine and I assumed a fault/defect in my frame but perhaps it's an area prone to weakness generally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

doozerie wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Hmmzis. That's the same place that my (steel) MTB frame snapped recently (and the previous time too). I wonder how common it is that drive-side droputs snap - I've never had it happen other than with this MTB of mine and I assumed a fault/defect in my frame but perhaps it's an area prone to weakness generally?

From reading various forums about this issue I got the impression that it would be one of the more common frame failure scenarios. It gets a lot of punishment in a small place when climbing and sprinting and after a while the metal just starts to fatigue and then it snaps. Another reason is that there are two weld seams (seat stay and chain stay) on a rather small and relatively thin alu or steel plate and it's easy to get heat related manufacturing defects there that would contribute to premature failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Right, I've just re-read the instructions twice and NOWHERE does it state that you should not attempt to install SPDs while wearing a pink shirt & tie.

In work ATM and decided to fit new pedals on my lunch break. It seemed like a very straightforward idea at the time...............have to leave my suit jacket on now in this heat for the rest of the day to hide the marks on my sleeves.

Sigh.............

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

wearing a pink shirt & tie

First mistake right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Dear Lord! Is that what people would use for swamp racing? Might also make a nice floating device I'm assuming.
    Made for ice biking. You can see by the impossibly small single ring that it's more about just getting there alive rather than quickly.

LOL at the irony. Cycling through town to have pro lifers walk out with their kids through moving traffic and a red man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Good to see Sean Yates still wearing his Livestrong bracelet while commentating on Eurosport earlier!

stetyrrell wrote: »
    First mistake right there.

Don't judge me!

And there was me thinking my mistake was the type of clothing I was wearing rather than my colour choice.

I would never have pegged the cycling forum as a destination for sartorial advice ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Don't judge me!

And there was me thinking my mistake was the type of clothing I was wearing rather than my colour choice.

I would never have pegged the cycling forum as a destination for sartorial advice ;)

You're joking right? There have been full blown wars here over sock length.

My tongue may have been firmly in cheek when I posted that comment

:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They didn't do a great job of promoting it did they? RacoonQueens post was the first I heard of it.

Only noticed it there during the week myself. Must've only put the storefront on recently...can't possibly have gone by it practically daily for nearly a year without seeing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sock height.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

On Extreme Sports channel now 'Ride The Divide'

Worlds toughest mountain bike race 2,700 miles thru the Rocky Mountains.

About an hour left...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I want more bikes please...

In a recent incident a van driver literally skimmed past a group of us at speed with his horn blaring. The first words that flew from his mouth when I approached him afterwards were "cyclists don't pay road tax". One of our group has sent me on a photo that he took at the time showing that the van's displayed tax and insurance discs are over a year out of date. Oops! More fuel for the karma fairies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

Quick question.
    I'm a trim 85kg and running 23mm michelin pro 3s @ 100psi
    I've got myself a new pair of pro 4s @25mm
    What's the recommended psi for 25mm tyres, is it lower than 23mm tyres?

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

furiousox wrote: »
    Quick question.
    I'm a trim 85kg and running 23mm michelin pro 3s @ 100psi
    I've got myself a new pair of pro 4s @25mm
    What's the recommended psi for 25mm tyres, is it lower than 23mm tyres?

Google tyre pressure chart.

Your wheel load is what you want to know.
    Bike+you+accessories. More weight on back.

At a guess 90 on front close to 100 on back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement