Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I like my tottie blonde, english and slightly rude. Like Lumen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I want Marcel Wüst's legs.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I like my tottie blonde, english and slightly rude. Like Lumen.
    Lumen's blonde?:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Ah no no.. if you haven't seen the ridiculous greek one.. you know nothing. It even gets slightly NSFW.

I apologize on behalf of my people...

sticker,375x360.png

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How long has that giant store on the longmile road been open? Don't tend to like giant bikes but ye know, I still want to go in and look at the shiny things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

Ah no no.. if you haven't seen the ridiculous greek one.. you know nothing. It even gets slightly NSFW.

It gets slightly NSFW? When is it not?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Decided to go with SPDs and mtb shoes with my commuter, Charge Plug, haven't gotten around to fitting the pedals yet, I'll do it tomorrow. Slightly worried as I've read online quite a bit about people unclipping when trying to stop. I might just go back to single speed....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

How long has that giant store on the longmile road been open? Don't tend to like giant bikes but ye know, I still want to go in and look at the shiny things.
    Noticed it the other day. Opened last August according to their website. Some pictures on Sticky Bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

buffalo wrote: »
    It gets slightly NSFW? When is it not?!
    :confused: I wasted 4 minutes of my life waiting for a NSFW bit that didn't happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

:confused: I wasted 4 minutes of my life waiting for a NSFW bit that didn't happen!

..........4 minutes, eh ? :pac:
    BTW he did warn you, Not-SexyEnough-For-*anking ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Noticed it the other day. Opened last August according to their website. Some pictures on Sticky Bottle.

They didn't do a great job of promoting it did they? RacoonQueens post was the first I heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They didn't do a great job of promoting it did they? RacoonQueens post was the first I heard of it.

they must be doing something though, I lose count of the number of Giant ikes I see about the place, they are everywhere of all types and descriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Giant are very widely carried by other retailers though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭furiousox

Off on holidays next Saturday so downloaded some light reading to the kindle.

The Curse Of The Rainbow Jersey by Graham Healy
    Heaven & Hell by Don Felder
    The Longest Road:An Irish Pan-American Cycling Adventure by Ben Cunningham
    Racing Hard by William Fotheringham
    Domestique by Charly Wegelius

Still no sign of Kelly's book anywhere. :confused:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

furiousox wrote: »
    Off on holidays next Saturday so downloaded some light reading to the kindle.

The Curse Of The Rainbow Jersey by Graham Healy
    Heaven & Hell by Don Felder
    The Longest Road:An Irish Pan-American Cycling Adventure by Ben Cunningham
    Racing Hard by William Fotheringham
    Domestique by Charly Wegelius

Still no sign of Kelly's book anywhere. :confused:

have a look at tick tock ten

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bought Sean Kelly's book in Wexford Book Centre today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Giant are very widely carried by other retailers though

Ah yeah sorry just meant in terms of their marketing generally!

Regrettably I let a shout at an innocentish ped who staggered across my path at the Barge pub tonight, I gave my normal loud "Careful" when I saw her coming and started slowing but she strided on and only stopped when I braked and swerved and gave a "Jesus Forking Christ". I heard an abashed apology behind me but at the time my blood was up and I was already away.

On a lighter note, I confirmed my theory that white Jerseys are the Dura Ace chain of Cycle clothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

On a lighter note, I confirmed my theory that white Jerseys are the Dura Ace chain of Cycle clothing.

Overpriced and disappointing as you realise you should have gotten a SRAM chain instead :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

CramCycle wrote: »
    Overpriced and disappointing as you realise you should have gotten a SRAM chain instead :eek:

I've gone Campag and I don't intend to go back. When Ultegra on reserve bike 2 eventually snots itself, I shall be getting Chorus for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Raam wrote: »
    I've gone Campag and I don't intend to go back. When Ultegra on reserve bike 2 eventually snots itself, I shall be getting Chorus for it.

tumblr_maxzycoCfI1rvomhzo1_500.gif

In other news, just running at 17hours on a Sev1 outage at work. Life sucks sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

She's alright like, but I couldn't see the map behind her half the time, and I'm not sure I caught much of the actual weather forecast. It's fair to say that it was all Greek to me!

She's no Gerald Fleming, that's for sure:

Note the green jacket, the balding patch, the familiar clouds spewing rain over the entire country, and that wink at the end. G'wan Gerald, ya good thing ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Jeeze, doozerie, mark that video as NSFW will ya? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

doozerie wrote: »
    She's alright like, but I couldn't see the map behind her half the time, and I'm not sure I caught much of the actual weather forecast. It's fair to say that it was all Greek to me!

She's no Gerald Fleming, that's for sure:

Note the green jacket, the balding patch, the familiar clouds spewing rain over the entire country, and that wink at the end. G'wan Gerald, ya good thing ya.

I've met the man himself a few times, he's a friend's uncle. He's exactly what you'd expect, corny with a slight hint of creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Not Safe For Weather?

Not Safe For Weather?

Forum now needs a groan button

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Just got to know I've been bumped up to Scratch in the club league. Will have to go and meditate on rule #5 (a lot). Anyone has any tips for how to best make excuses and how to sandbag properly? :D

On a differnet topic, my saddle keeps getting loose from time to time and it's always the same bolt. Is there something that could be put on the threads to prevent that? (without fusing the bolt to the clamp for all eternity).

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

You can get a thread lock that's like a blue stick. Will help the screw grip. Should be able to get it in halfords. I have some here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Was it his parting wink? Up to that point he is like the dodgy overly familiar driving instructor who leans in a little when it's unnecessary, but the wink puts him very much into the "clammy hand on yer knee" territory. I suggest spraying your TV/monitor with mace, it's the only way to deal with this kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Hmmzis wrote: »
    On a differnet topic, my saddle keeps getting loose from time to time and it's always the same bolt. Is there something that could be put on the threads to prevent that? (without fusing the bolt to the clamp for all eternity).

Plumbers tape.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement