Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Wiggins is meant to be on The Graham Norton Show on Friday.
    For a man who hates the limelight, he has a funny way of showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

For a man who hates the limelight, he has a funny way of showing it.

You never know, it might be even in his contract to appear x amount of hours in public.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    You never know, it might be even in his contract to appear x amount of hours in public.

With their marginal gains and their monkey management, I doubt SKY would make Wiggins do anything that made him unhappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

With their marginal gains and their monkey management, I doubt SKY would make Wiggins do anything that made him unhappy.

I think we need the next episode of the team Sky show, exclusively on boards.ie!

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    I think we need the next episode of the team Sky show, exclusively on boards.ie!

oh god. I'll get some cans and finish off the last few tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Lads I know the cycle lanes are crap along the N4 round lucan but the bus lane is totally fine, I used to cycle in it myself when I lived round there last year. So why are people cycling in the driving lane? Madness. Its only going to end badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

BX 19 wrote: »
    Lads I know the cycle lanes are crap along the N4 round lucan but the bus lane is totally fine, I used to cycle in it myself when I lived round there last year. So why are people cycling in the driving lane? Madness. Its only going to end badly.

Which people? I need names.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Dunno, I met an oldish fellow at around 6.30ish tonight round texaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Dunno, I met an oldish fellow at around 6.30ish tonight round texaco.

Good for him, cycling at an oldish age.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Not me. Tucked up in bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Funny tweet by Dan Wouri of Tour Chats

https://twitter.com/dwuori/status/267042242269704193

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

oldish fellow
    around 6.30ish
    round texaco

Are you sure it wasn't a youngish woman at half three from Mexico?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Been there......

......done that........

.......got the the t-shirts.......

media_22700756.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I spent a fantastic weekend in London with the missus.
    Unbeknownst to either of us, this weekend coincided with the Lord Mayors parade and Remwmberance Sunday.

Yesterday morning most of the City of London from St Pauls up to Barbican was closed to traffic as there was a big parade.

Some things hit me:
    Firstly this was a colossal event, every bit as big as Paddys Day parade in Dublin. There is a military and guild aspect to the parade. But there were a huge number of floats.
    The streets were thronged with thousands of people - young and old.

What was surprising to me was that;
    (I) despite the size of the event I was not aware of it before simply happening upon it in London. Us Irish do PR far far better than the English.
    (ii) the crowd despite the size, was good natured. There was none of the public drunkenness and hooliganism that I associate with Paddys Day. People were capable of enjoying a mornings entertainment in London without drinking flagons of cider and vomiting all over the streets.

While we could teach the Lord Mayor of London a thing or two about promoting an event, I feel that the average Londoner could teach us a thing or two about enjoying an event in an appropriate manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Grand spin today with my 14 year-old. Baldoyle -> Malahide and back. 20k in 59 mins.

Held up traffic a bit in spots but tried to pull over from time to time. One eejit started blowing at us; turned and waved cheerily a couple of times. Another one overtook us on a left hand bend and then turned into a driveway 50 metres further on!

Ah, good times. Son collapsed on the floor when we got in. Gonna have to up the training schedule...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ROK ON wrote: »
    despite the size of the event I was not aware of it before
    It's always covered live on BBC TV. ;)

PS - The streets were covered with what looked like saw dust. Was this to improve traction for the horses or to soak up their discharges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

It's always covered live on BBC TV. ;)

PS - The streets were covered with what looked like saw dust. Was this to improve traction for the horses or to soak up their discharges?

It was sand. I think so as roads were wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I took my 3yr old to vote in the referendum with me yesterday. I'd been explaining the process to her beforehand - you get the paper, mark it yes or no, and return it. She was very interested. In the polling station I marked my voting slip and showed it to her. "Did you say yes or no?" she asked. I answered, quietly. In a loud voice she proclaimed matter of factly "YOU VOTED YES DAD!" to the entire room.

As we headed off afterwards I explained to her the sanctity of anonymity in the voting process, and the importance of the democratic process generally. I'm pretty sure she understood. At a cafe later I bought her a chocolate eclair larger than her head, but I know that when she reflects back on the day it's the lesson on social rules that'll stand out, not some foodstuff. Yeah, I'm sure of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Had to modify my route home tonight, as Parnell Road just east of Dolphin's Barn was blocked by an overturned car in the middle of the road, and an attendant crowd of fire engines and Garda cars. Seems to have happened just before midnight as I passed there at 23:30 going the other way and the road was clear.

Hope whoever was driving it is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Shirts that require cuff links were not designed for borderline alzheimer's cases like me. On the upside, my work colleagues may believe I am one of those highly committed sleeves-rolled-up kind of guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭sled driver

Shirts that require cuff links were not designed for borderline alzheimer's cases like me. On the upside, my work colleagues may believe I am one of those highly committed sleeves-rolled-up kind of guys.

Couple of paperclips will sort that

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://lifehacker.com/5277424/binder-clips-as-diy-emergency-cuff-links

Anyone have trouble with the mapping on their Garmin Edge 705? Mine has taken lately to showing my routes (when running only oddly enough) slightly off the actual roads that I am running on. The route that shows up is just shifted slightly south of the actual roads that I am running on and suggests that I am some sort of hard core parcours runner going over walls, house, etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Anyone have trouble with the mapping on their Garmin Edge 705? Mine has taken lately to showing my routes (when running only oddly enough) slightly off the actual roads that I am running on. The route that shows up is just shifted slightly south of the actual roads that I am running on and suggests that I am some sort of hard core parcours runner going over walls, house, etc!

It's just confused because it thought you were a cyclist...

colm_gti wrote: »
    It's just confused because it thought you were a cyclist...

...that rides through houses like they ain't there!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Menu ->
    Settings ->
    Map ->
    Lock on Road (is it checked?)

Beasty wrote: »
    Menu ->
    Settings ->
    Map ->
    Lock on Road (is it checked?)

Is wasn't but it is now! Thanks my friend!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Is wasn't but it is now! Thanks my friend!
    The ladies of Lusk can now sleep peacefully in their beds, knowing that opportunist underwear thief is now restricted to the local roads and no longer has the wherewithall to hurdle their garden fences and raid their washing lines ...

Beasty wrote: »
    The ladies of Lusk can now sleep peacefully in their beds, knowing that opportunist underwear thief is now restricted to the local roads and no longer has the wherewithall to hurdle their garden fences and raid their washing lines ...

The wife won't be overly thrilled. She was getting loads of presents during that period!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

9759.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement