Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Any Killing fans notice the TT bike parked in the hall of the Leuthen mansion? Perfect opportunity to remind the missus that I'm not the only person who does this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Following a plan I made up for myself using Joe Friels Cyclists Training Bible....first night back in the gym doing weights in over a year....I've a feeling I'm gonna be hurting in the morning! The commute is going to be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

TnG4 now. Good show on the high nelly and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

colm_gti wrote: »
    Joe Friels Cyclists Training Bible

The postman dragged this up the garden path the other day. I haven't got past the contents page and I've already lost the will to live. I'm thinking of seeking inspiration in Bible 1.0 - it looks easier going and it will probably leave me less guilt-ridden.

Following a plan I made up for myself using Joe Friels Cyclists Training Bible....first night back in the gym doing weights in over a year....I've a feeling I'm gonna be hurting in the morning! The commute is going to be interesting...

Oh the pain....:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Any Killing fans notice the TT bike parked in the hall of the Leuthen mansion? Perfect opportunity to remind the missus that I'm not the only person who does this.

Heh, pointed the exact same thing out to herself, and that keeping bikes indoors was not in fact an abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Oh the pain....:o

aa112-htfu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Gardaí were spotted around Dublin last night, pouncing on unlit cyclists and taking names and addresses. Time to get those lights going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I went through a mental summary of the bikes in our household recently and the various groupsets break down into:

* 1x single speed plus Shimano, road
    * 1x 9-speed Shimano triple, MTB
    * 1x 9-speed Shimano triple, road + MTB mix (hybrid)
    * 1x 9-speed Campag double, road
    * 1x 10-speed Shimano double, road
    * 1x 11-speed Campag double, road

There is some compatibility amongst some of those but it's quite a mess from a logistical point of view. The number and variety of wheelsets, spare chains, brake pads, etc., knocking around our house is ridiculous (yes, most of them are mine but that's just details…), we may have to break through to the neighbor's house just for storage.

We are currently balancing on a knife edge between practicality and insanity, and if any SRAM/compact/other parts come within sniffing distance of the house I'll be out to chase them off with a sh1tty stick. We're full, RIGHT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

I know where doozerie lives if anyone wants to help me rob his house.

I also know where he works if anyone wants to help me rob his office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Gardaí were spotted around Dublin last night, pouncing on unlit cyclists and taking names and addresses. Time to get those lights going.

Hurrah. Ninja cyclists off the road. I have two front and two back lights on my bike and have another front and another back to be put on. If I'm in an accident there's no way they could say (with any credibility) "sorry didn't see you"!

buffalo wrote: »
    I know where doozerie lives if anyone wants to help me rob his house.

I also know where he works if anyone wants to help me rob his office.

If going to nick the bikes remember to bring a second van for all of the tools that you'll need to take to maintain them all. And a third van for my stock of choice swear words which you'll certainly need to dip into when you discover little oddities like having only 1 1/8" headset spacers when you actually need 1" ones, etc.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Hurrah. Ninja cyclists off the road. I have two front and two back lights on my bike and have another front and another back to be put on. If I'm in an accident there's no way they could say (with any credibility) "sorry didn't see you"!

But yes. They can and will say that. Doesn't matter if you're made of neon lighting, some people don't look for you, and don't see you. yay!

Unrelated: Pros do Mo'vember at http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2012/11/movember-prostaches/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Hungrycol wrote: »

D'you not realise that there are scads of cars on the roads with white sticks and guide dogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

From YLYL.......

23459767.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Jawgap wrote: »
    From YLYL.......

23459767.jpg

George Hincapie

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Where should one go if you're looking for some advice to build a complete program for the off-season? There's a lot of conflicting views on the net. I'd love direction from a reputable source instead of "experts" trying to make me buy a program with a stupid name. Any help would be great.

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Where should one go if you're looking for some advice to build a complete program for the off-season? There's a lot of conflicting views on the net. I'd love direction from a reputable source instead of "experts" trying to make me buy a program with a stupid name. Any help would be great.

517fc-tpvZL._AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just reading my tour de france posts from 2004 on boards they're funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

You have way too much free time!

• Advertisement

AstraMonti wrote: »
    You have way too much free time!

just finsihed work and 10 mins to kill before going to the chiropractor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Back in the saddle today 3 weeks after my accident. Took it easy and just averaged 25km/h on a 19k local spin. Felt good and didn't notice any real pain as such except a bit on my back on the climb out of Skerries. I was conscious that I was much more cautious than usual. Perhaps that will ease up a bit in time. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Ice and Black ice forecast for the morning. Be careful out there and ease up on the Sprints. :)

RobFowl: did you get a taste for publicity after the CI AGM coverage? See you're writing in the Times now. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Planet X wrote: »
    Ice and Black ice forecast for the morning. Be careful out there and ease up on the Sprints. :)

Bugger. Had an early meet up tentatively arranged. Have to be home by a specific time so any delay in getting out the door can't be compensated at the other end.

Have to be home by a specific time...

On the plus side, what with its complete lack of rolling resistance, you might make up lost time on the black ice sections!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl: did you get a taste for publicity after the CI AGM coverage? See you're writing in the Times now. :p
    Oh gawd - what's he been up to now?

(Anyway buffalo - not seen your name in their recently - have you found your way onto their "banned troll" list?)

EDIT - harping back to when he was a lad I see - it was a different era then though - post-war austerity and all that

I have my own thread on the forum now, sure why would I need to be writing to the Times anymore? I can just vent all my smug condescending rage on here! :D

Streakers invade the track at the Gent Six

photo_047480_220.jpg

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

I have my own thread on the forum now, sure why would I need to be writing to the Times anymore? I can just vent all my smug condescending rage on here! :D

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement