Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Antivirus pioneer John McAfee is on the run from murder charges, Belize police say...

A tale that reads more like an action movie than reality:
    secrets schemes and lots of guns inside john mcafees heart of darkness

John Mcafee (once owner of wellknown antivirus company)

An the latest update: wanted for murder

I'm unsure of the motivations of the author of the article as it is written in an odd and rather biased manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Seen this on facebook and got a good laugh so thought I'd share it here with ye guys :D

561672_10151308642752359_635658189_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

daily_gifdump_254_04.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

What kind of parent sends their child out with mis-matched laces?

46493_552953364731233_2061105239_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

AstraMonti wrote: »
    daily_gifdump_254_04.gif

Brings back bad memories, huh Raam?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Brings back bad memories, huh Raam?!?

Think thats a Swords initiation rite....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Went in to Joe's bike shop in Limerick to buy some spokes the other day. They didn't have any in the length I needed so they gave me a free (second hand wheel) instead. Pure sound, delighted with their approach to customer service.

Mood soured somewhat when I walked out after first day of my new job in Thomondgate to find some cunt had kicked the ****e out of same wheel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

http://www.adverts.ie/bikes/pedal-rickshaw/2298139

Possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen. Pity about the price.

• Administrators Posts: 53,389 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If you buy it and agree to do the Wicklow 200 on it with me sitting on the back I'll sponsor you 20 euro for your efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Oat bran combined with Aldi Tropical Fruit Mix is a lovely post-ride brekkie - it's surprising delicious......

Just thought I'd share that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

What is it with Nature Valley bars?! They crumble to dust if you so much as look at them, I'm used to that. Getting the bar out of the wrapper while on the bike is like trying to separate velcro by sliding it apart, I'm used to that too.

But when you put an opened bar into your pocket why, oh why, is it invariably upside down when you next reach for it? And why has the inside of the wrapper mysteriously developed a teflon coating that makes the entire remaining contents of the crumbled bar slide out and into your pocket leaving nothing but an empty wrapper in your hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Fig Rolls are the only solution. You get about 200 of them for 50c and you don't need a bag because they improve when mixed with rain or sweat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

awec wrote: »
    If you buy it and agree to do the Wicklow 200 on it with me sitting on the back I'll sponsor you 20 euro for your efforts.

Now that is a challenge, wonder what the gearing is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

DELETE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

doozerie wrote: »
    What is it with Nature Valley bars?!

The new sticky nutty ones are just yum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    DELETE

I'm not sure exactly what you done there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    DELETE
    CramCycle wrote: »
    I'm not sure exactly what you done there.

He's deleted the Camper Van!...

CramCycle wrote: »

Now that is a challenge, wonder what the gearing is like.

I only weigh 10 stone too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I was in London last week with the missus. We used rickshaws a couple of times to get between bars and restaurants and cinema.

Great fun zipping down Regent Street at 10pm. Funny thing is that there is no fare - you can give the guy a tip if you like. They must be salaried, but not sure who employs them. They are not used as mobile advertising hoarding.

They have gears but only one front ring - it looked very small (maybe a 25 or so?)

Anyway great craic. Will use them more often. Way cheaper than taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Just happened to read this on Phoenix CC's website http://www.phoenixcc.net/
    Phoenix CC wrote:
    Great results for David in Asia
    David McCann riding for the RTS team finished 5th overall in the 8 stage Tour of Taihu Lake in what may be his last UCI world-ranked event as he retires from Professional Cycling this year. Yet another great result David has been a great ambassador for our club for many years and a credit to Irish Cycling with all his achievements and great consistency. To further emphasise this David followed this by finishing 3rd in the 100km Taiwan KOM Challenge. This challenging event goes from sea level in Hualien before winding its way through the Taroko Gorge, ascending over 3,000m to reach the finish line at Mt Wuling at 3275 metres. 380 riders started the event and those who finished behind David included the 2010 Tour de France King of the Mountains winner Anthony Charteau. Gradients of up to 20% resulted in large time gaps between riders.

That's some result in the Taiwan KOM challenge. In fact, what a crazy event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

ROK ON wrote: »
    I was in London last week with the missus. We used rickshaws a couple of times to get between bars and restaurants and cinema.

Great fun zipping down Regent Street at 10pm. Funny thing is that there is no fare - you can give the guy a tip if you like. They must be salaried, but not sure who employs them. They are not used as mobile advertising hoarding.

They have gears but only one front ring - it looked very small (maybe a 25 or so?)

Anyway great craic. Will use them more often. Way cheaper than taxis.

There are loads of rickshaws taxi-ing people around Galway city on Friday and Saturday nights. Mostly people are fairly hammered when they avail of them so it's hard to know if they run off without giving the guy a tip or else hand the guy a fifty thinking that it's a fiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

ROK ON wrote: »

I THINK the one's in Dublin with the 7up logos are paid a wage.

The other ones where they tout for business are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

This is one of the best troll's I've seen on facebook, serious amount of sap's liking and sharing it too :pac:

1023_509121959106890_974550341_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭furiousox

Here we go yet again, in after hours this time.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81757110#post81757110

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

furiousox wrote: »
    Help me

You've ventured into the cesspit of AH. You are beyond help.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I just clicked the "I am a cyclist" option, as it is factually correct....

... I'll leave all discussion to the AH regulars though

Good luck furiousox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's ok, the cavalry has arrived! :)

CPL 593H

The same guy started a thread in motors giving off about speed limits and wanting them removed on irish motorways. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

It's ok, the cavalry has arrived! :)

simpsons-mob-torches.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Here we go yet again, in after hours this time.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81757110#post81757110

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement