Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

She reminds of that Bond villian that crushes men to death with her legs when she has sex with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

ThisRegard wrote: »
    She reminds of that Bond villian that crushes men to death with her legs when she has sex with them.

There are worse ways to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

ThisRegard wrote: »

Xenia Onatop!

That's her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

There are worse ways to go.

Indeed there are

bigxenia.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I find the British and Irish coverage of the US election quite weird. "Closest election in fifty years"? What about 2000 and 2004. Unlike those years, at least this time there's a clear though quite narrow lead for one candidate (based on state polls and implied electoral votes, rather than proportion of the natioonal vote).

So what they really mean to say is that this is the closest election in eight years.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Beasty wrote: »
    That's nearly 29kph assuming no stops. I think you could easily "budget" on the full 24 hours including stops and it's still a hell of a challenge imo

... or are you saying the "70 or so up the road" in the car reduces it to a "mere" 290km? In which case maybe 15 hours including stops is a lot more realistic.

28kph average on reasonably flat terrain is what I normally manage, higher on events. But I've managed to get a car so will cut it down to 262 total, epic but doable. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

28kph average on reasonably flat terrain is what I normally manage, higher on events. But I've managed to get a car so will cut it down to 262 total, epic but doable. :)

Is that 28kph average rolling, or average based on distance divided by time taken to get from start to finish? Personally I allow about 15% of elapsed time for food breaks, mechanicals, and various other bits of farting around. That said, I'm slow on a bike at the best of times, and rarely in a hurry to get anywhere. For longer solo journeys, I allow 20kph elapsed time, and usually come in with some time to spare, with big variations based on weather, terrain, load and beers consumed the night before.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Chuffed last night, after many repeats over the last year of the same 28k hill circuit on the VR, finally cracked the 3 watts per kilo average in 48mins. Now I know the power readings on the VR are absolute cack, and 3 watts per kilo is nothing to write home about, but when you've been staring at 2.9 for so long, 3 suddenly becomes a magic number. Might just turn the sound on my stereo up to 11 to celebrate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

lol
    worldvote-1352130033.2.jpg

edit : apparently my views mean i should vote gary johnson (libertarian) what i hear you cry theres more than 2 candidates :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

The Pakistan figure would be because of the drones, constantly flying overhead and regularly dropping down to assassinate a Taliban member or - ooops! - children at a wedding or a housewife cooking the family's meal.

That contradicts the MSN survey which found that China was the only country who didn't want Obama.
    http://news.uk.msn.com/us-elections-2012/entire-planet-supports-obama-except-china/
    E3F96BA4C59624C9686D45621EAD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am officially now a slave to the banks for at least the next 20years.. Good news is that my commute is now 28kms so that would freshen my mornings and afternoons.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I am officially now a slave to the banks for at least the next 20years.. Good news is that my commute is now 28kms so that would freshen my mornings and afternoons.

28 each way? Perfect distance for a commute imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Lots of funny as Fk gifs for those of you like me with 3 second attention spans.

http://whatbikeracersshouldcallme.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

I get dizzy trying to watch and read those gifs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

That was brutal. Tea anyone?

LiveLeak.com - Audi driver and cyclist clash

AstraMonti wrote: »

Eh? Cyclist apologised!!?? What was wrong with decking the stupid pillock?
    Some people...

Eh? Cyclist apologised!!?? What was wrong with decking the stupid pillock?
    Some people...

If only it was Buffalo...

Anyone brave enough...

227537.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    If only it was Buffalo...

There's an undertone of "I'm gonna kill you if you touch my car again" that's rather threatening, amplified by the guy's overly calm behaviour, which makes me think he's a psychopath. Would also explain the attempt to run over someone he admits he has seen. He's probably used to bullying and threatening and people backing down ...reminds me of my housemate.
    But anyway, I think I'd react as the guy did - like an absolute civil gent - then gone straight to the Gardaí with the video. That bit where the Audi pulls in on top of him, that crosses the line big time for me. I'd be wanting him in court for that.

buffalo wrote: »
    There's an undertone of "I'm gonna kill you if you touch my car again" that's rather threatening, amplified by the guy's overly calm behaviour, which makes me think he's a psychopath. Would also explain the attempt to run over someone he admits he has seen. He's probably used to bullying and threatening and people backing down ...reminds me of my housemate.
    But anyway, I think I'd react as the guy did - like an absolute civil gent - then gone straight to the Gardaí with the video. That bit where the Audi pulls in on top of him, that crosses the line big time for me. I'd be wanting him in court for that.

Not to mention the right up in yer face guvnor body position!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Not to mention the right up in yer face guvnor body position!

Also, if he finds driving on the road so difficult, and I was feeling cheeky/stupid, I would've advised him to take a few more driving lessons. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Moved the wheel back a touch on the SS this morning before cycling into college, to account for a slight stretch and the resulting slack in the chain...found the commute a lot tougher this morning, thought I was just tired for whatever reason and continued to pedal away. Found the return journey just as hard...jeez I must be tired!

Only when I got home, rolled up the driveway, hopped off the bike and pulled out my headphones did I hear something rubbing...it was then that I came to realise that I never paid any heed to the rear brake, and its change in location in relation to the wheel, when adjusting the rear wheel this morning...it had been rubbing on the tyre the whole way in and home :rolleyes:

Still adjusting to this SS cycling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Is the Garmin site down?

I keep getting a temporary maintenance message http://static.garmincdn.com/maintenance2.html when I was trying to log on at https://connect.garmin.com/signin

Anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Working fine here. Try clearing your cache.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,318 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Plastik wrote: »
    Try clearing your cache.
    If you have any spare I'll PM you my details;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Tried that - no joy on Chrome or IE. It let me reset password but then I still got the maintenance message.

There;s always Strava but I find it's a bit harsh when it comes to total vs rolling time!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/266299809315561472

@guardian_sport: Bradley Wiggins in hospital after crash in Lancashire. Believed he may have broken ribs and suffered hand & wrist injuries. Story to follow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Wiggins is meant to be on The Graham Norton Show on Friday. I wonder how far in advance it's recorded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement