Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

lindtee wrote: »
    All the sweeties and choccies offers/misprices are finished.

Phew... Lent will be a little easier. Maybe they'll do a few for Paddys day which excluded from Lenten promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I got 6 bottles of the anti - dandruff shampoo again today for 24c Tesco's keep replacing the shelves ever so often with them so the offer is still going

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

BluesBerry wrote: »
    I got 6 bottles of the anti - dandruff shampoo again today for 24c Tesco's keep replacing the shelves ever so often with them so the offer is still going

That's one bad dandruff problem you have if you need 6 bottles at a time:p

Time to go see a Doctor

amiable wrote: »
    That's one bad dandruff problem you have if you need 6 bottles at a time:p

Time to go see a Doctor

Haha I don't have dandruff but shampoo is shampoo and in my house we go through tons of it weekly - my niece has scalp issues and said that shampoo helped her because its the sensitive kind which is a bonus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

do you have a pic of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Haha I don't have dandruff but shampoo is shampoo and in my house we go through tons of it weekly - my niece has scalp issues and said that shampoo helped her because its the sensitive kind which is a bonus

I see you're using the old "my niece has scalp issues" trick! Very clever, but I see straight through your charade! ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Seven up six packs BOGOF. also six packs of 250ml ginger ale cans for a mere 1.09 in tesco Midleton. Same for tonic water I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

No sweety bargains at Tesco Clare Hall :mad:. Their "offers" on Easter chocolates are pretty lame too. Will wait until they seriously discount them.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

el diablo wrote: »
    Where did you find this? Yep, it will affect the taste but probably not too much.. the fresher the better..

tesco roxboro limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

500ml bottles of Lemon and Lime flavour Sparkling mineral water 27c

Lovely drink it is too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

tantipie wrote: »
    i got Bewleys gold roast fresh ground coffee 227g for 99c,,bb date is 29th Feb,,i'm wondering does the date affect the taste,,i bought 4 bags and wanted to buy more but needed to find out first:D

Yes it definitely affects the taste (so does storing it in the fridge or freezer) but if you are not a big coffee drinker you might not care about the difference in taste ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Tesco Baggot Street - The 44 cent Carex ''moisture plus'' handwash is now price labeled at 44 cent claiming this is half the regular price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

psychward wrote: »
    Tesco Baggot Street - The 44 cent Carex ''moisture plus'' handwash is now price labeled at 44 cent claiming this is half the regular price.

This is also the same in Bloomfields Dun laoghaire.
    The Anti-Dandruff shampoo is also labelled as 24c now but scans in at 89c. Needless to say I demanded the 24c deal and picked up 8 bottles!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

If there is difference between displayed price on the shelf (or on the product) and charged price at the till, the store can get (and should get) a hefty fine. Feel free to report it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

lol..really? more like a slap on the wrist. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76405144&postcount=36

snubbleste wrote: »

Only a E600 fine! you really need to be vigilant and look at the scanner as the goods are going through, Tesco's seem to be the worst for this I always check receipts recently I bought reduced hair bands identical items both had half price stickers on them and only one scanned in as reduced the other full price I seem to make more trips to Tesco's customer service than any other store with these "mistakes"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

ThOnda wrote: »
    If there is difference between displayed price on the shelf (or on the product) and charged price at the till, the store can get (and should get) a hefty fine. Feel free to report it.
    Only a E600 fine!

I think I'll happily settle for Double the Difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Only a E600 fine! you really need to be vigilant and look at the scanner as the goods are going through, Tesco's seem to be the worst for this I always check receipts recently I bought reduced hair bands identical items both had half price stickers on them and only one scanned in as reduced the other full price I seem to make more trips to Tesco's customer service than any other store with these "mistakes"

Indeed -and their buy 3 for 2/BOGOF often applies to only one specific product so that you can't mix flavours even if several are on offer. They've improved in this aspect but you still need to be a wary customer.

And um... on topic... Jordan's Country Crisp cereal is ~€1.65, normally €3.XX.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

davoxx wrote: »
    do you have a pic of it?
    Don't pic at your dandruff.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Couldn't see it in the thread so hopefully i'm not repeating someone. In Tesco Santry yesterday down the back near cereal section, loads of these. Bought 5, €1 each, pretty decent light out off em so seem like a bargain to me. Quick check on the net and finding them for 6 to 8 dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

do you have a pic of it?

white bottle, blue lid, blue label.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Couldn't see it in the thread so hopefully i'm not repeating someone. In Tesco Santry yesterday down the back near cereal section, loads of these. Bought 5, pretty decent light out off em so seem like a bargain to me. Quick check on the net and finding them for 6 to 8 dollars.
    Hi do you have a price for these, and perhaps the barcode? Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    do you have a pic of it?

white bottle, blue lid, blue label.
    Is this a secret...can you not say what make the product is....maybe even post a barcode/ link to product...

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Is this a secret...can you not say what make the product is....maybe even post a barcode/ link to product...

Its not a secret its Tescos own brand Anti Dandruff Sensitive shampoo I had a look today The bottles where back to full price 89c in my Tesco :( you might still have luck in another

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

I do have to laugh at certain people on here moaning about Tesco overcharging on this that and the other....on what is a bargain alert thread. Surely Consumer issues is the place to take these complaints. Yet they are Strangely quiet when Tesco offer a genuine bargain , which is quite frequent in my opinion, compared to their rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Hi do you have a price for these, and perhaps the barcode? Thanks...

They're €1, put it in the title but it's not very noticeable looking at it now.
    Barcode on it is 8710163392790. That what your after?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

The Technika 7inch portable DVD player is still scanning at 35, shelf price 69. A cheaper and probably inferior alternative to Aldis current special. I'd go for the Aldi one, but if none left this might do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Kingp35 wrote: »
    This is also the same in Bloomfields Dun laoghaire.
    The Anti-Dandruff shampoo is also labelled as 24c now but scans in at 89c. Needless to say I demanded the 24c deal and picked up 8 bottles!

Couldn't you have asked firmly but politely? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

wil wrote: »
    The Technika 7inch portable DVD player is still scanning at 35, shelf price 69. A cheaper and probably inferior alternative to Aldis current special. I'd go for the Aldi one, but if none left this might do.

Does it have a usb???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Tesco birr had mens nightgowns for 1.25 reduced from 18.50!

Had some other reduction in nightwear too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement