Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Kids ride ons are 7.50 in Tesco in Cabra.Only had 2 or 3 left though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Tesco plug in recharger for aa & aaa batteries with 2 aa and 2 aaa batteries is around 3.43. dont know the exact price. cant find my receipt :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

daytob wrote: »
    Tesco plug in recharger for aa & aaa batteries with 2 aa and 2 aaa batteries is around 3.43. don't know the exact price. cant find my receipt :confused:
    Which area of store was that? Do they have rechargeable batteries too?

I found a few clearance items in hardware area last night - including Byron Wirefree Door Chime for €1.87 and Rolson LED torches for €1.43. Went back to buy a couple more of the door chimes as I figure that the included battery in the bell push would be more expensive than the whole thing, but they were all gone.

I heard its in carrick and i got mine in ashbourne. only rechargeable batteries were the ones that came with it. heres a pic, found it in the battery aisle.

pc_20140822_133402hgj0h.jpgpc_20140822_1334347gjnf.jpg

I heard its in carrick and i got mine in ashbourne. only rechargeable batteries were the ones that came with it. heres a pic, found it in the battery aisle...
    Thanks for that. Went to look for them. Hang tag was there, reduced from 22+ to 3.34, but chargers are all gone. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Tesco Nenagh -

Apple Camera Connector kit - down to 6.97, VGA adaptor reduced to silly price too and various Ipad Smart Covers and Cases reduced eg red smart case reduced to €13 something

Disney Cars Scooter - 3 wheeler so for younger kids. marked 42.99 but scanning at 15.99

reductions on towels, bed sheets, duvet covers etc (some kids comic book and disney ones as well)

1 of the battery chargers left at 3.24

Philips LED bulbs - marked 19.99 scanning at 4.99 (screw and bayonet) and spotlight bulbs down to 3.74

which store did you look in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Picked up couple of chargers with batteries in Tallaght still quite few of them left.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Tesco Ballybrack

Tesco Battery charger with AA and AAA batteries - around 7 on the shelf
    Rolsen 9 Led torch , reduced from 11 to 1.5 - 3 left
    Tesco Wall USB charger - reduced from 4.99 to 1.49 - few left
    Tesco 6Way extension lead - reduced to 3.5 , one box left :)

I didn't pick up anything myself as didnt need them, so decided to leave for people who needs some and looking for them .

Today while browsing the clearance shelves at Tesco, I noticed an opened box of red wine glasses. One glass was missing, so there were three glasses in a box that originally had four. It had no yellow clearance sticker. It came up as 5c on the price checker. Then I found a second box on the shelf with the full-price glasses it had the same UPC code. That scanned at 5c too. I went off excitedly to pay at SCO, figuring I would get seven glasses for 10c. But when I scanned the boxes a message came up along the lines of "item not available for sale ... has been removed from stock". First time I'd seen such a message. The attendant came over and told me that I couldn't buy the items because of this message.

Maybe someone else can get lucky with these glasses. It was a box of four red wine glasses. Box was gray and white. Bar code ended in 235 (I think). I'm guessing it's a discontinued item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Saw the LEGO Movie Super Cycle Chase 70808 kit was marked down from €60 to €30 in Tesco Naas today.
    Only 2 units were left.

Smyths have same item retailing for €55:
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-bricks/c-785/lego-movie/p-5608/lego-movie-super-cycle-chase-70808/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Molson Canadian beer 6 bottles were 5 euros only today on Tesco Mahon Point Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Staedtler 10 pack of pencils including a parer and an eraser are half price at €2.25. The 12 pack of ergo soft colouring pencils are €8.05 (on the shelf price is €11.50 which I know is a bit overpriced compared to Eason).

Both scanned in at this price - there was no notification of a reduction on the shelf. I was delighted with my bargain - I was willing to pay full price. Gotta love Tesco.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

4x 1.5 litres of coke and diet coke on pallets in tesco in Tralee marked €3, it's still scanning at €6 but when I pointed out the poster they reduced it in the till. Also lots of sweets and chocolate half price curly wurleys 24c, refresher sweets 22c, sherbet fountains 24c, 4 ripples €1.44 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Picked up couple of chargers with batteries in Tallaght still quite few of them left.

Plenty in Merrion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Free ceramic lasagne dish when you buy a Dolmio lasagne kit in Tesco Mullngar.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Plenty in Merrion too.

Two left in Carlow. On an end display across from the tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

16GB Apple Ipad reduced from 389 to 289 Tesco Crescent Limerick - they didn't have any in stock and didn't know which version it was....but it may be available in other stores.

Ipad mini were reduced from 299 to 269.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Tesco plug in recharger for aa & aaa batteries with 2 aa and 2 aaa batteries is around 3.43. dont know the exact price. cant find my receipt :confused:

3 of these in Tesco Paul Street Cork this afternoon, hang tag said €11 and when I scanned it at the wall mounted price checker, it came up as €11. Didn't have time to get it checked at customer services or at a till, might recheck tomorrow, if they're still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Rolson 9 LED Torch (in Arklow)
    reduced to €1.43 ( never worth the original price)
    Just the metallic grey reduced

really bright 3 AAA batteries included.
    Very handy for the car or walking in the evenings.

319851.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tazdogue

Massive reductions in headphones in Douglas. I got an adidas sennheiser set from 70 to about 15. Sony from 57 to about 12 and a wireless set from 97 to 23. Some handmarked up but had to scan a few to find more reductions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

th283 wrote: »
    4x 1.5 litres of coke and diet coke on pallets in tesco in Tralee marked €3, it's still scanning at €6 but when I pointed out the poster they reduced it in the till. Also lots of sweets and chocolate half price curly wurleys 24c, refresher sweets 22c, sherbet fountains 24c, 4 ripples €1.44 etc

I thought if they charged the wrong price and you paid and pointed it out after that they gave you your money back and you kept the item/s, Ive gotten a few free items that way.
    Ive had different opinions on this from different tescos but Maynooth had it as their policy and I know it was the case in Tescos and was well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

cerastes wrote: »
    I thought if they charged the wrong price and you paid and pointed it out after that they gave you your money back and you kept the item/s, Ive gotten a few free items that way.
    Ive had different opinions on this from different tescos but Maynooth had it as their policy and I know it was the case in Tescos and was well known.

Double the difference is the rule according to their posters, so if the item was quoted at €3, you're charged €4, you get €2 back (i.e. double the difference of €1) and keep the items. Depending on the difference you may end up with freebies or money in your pocket (e..g if something was quoted at 75% off €10, so you should pay €2.50, you get charged the full €10 and then get €15 back as double the difference).

That only applies if you point it out after you pay, if you state it while going through till you won't get anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

tazdogue wrote: »
    Massive reductions in headphones in Douglas. I got an adidas sennheiser set from 70 to about 15. Sony from 57 to about 12 and a wireless set from 97 to 23. Some handmarked up but had to scan a few to find more reductions.

Do you know the model numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Noticed two label's in Celbridge Tesco saying :

Sennheiser OMX 181 Hook Ear-Phones Was €23.99 , Now €6.99.

JVC Explosive In-Ear phones HA-FR201-P Was: €21.49, Now €7.00

... the shelf was empty in both cases.

Might help others with specific model numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

CH3OH wrote: »
    reduced to €1.43 ( never worth the original price)
    Just the metallic grey reduced

really bright 3 AAA batteries included.
    Very handy for the car or walking in the evenings.

319851.jpg

Just used these over the weekend (bought in Maynooth last Friday @1.43) camping and I have to say they are fantastic - great light off them and small enough for the pocket, if I get out to Maynooth I'm going to pick up a few more if there are any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭CH3OH

if I get out to Maynooth I'm going to pick up a few more if there are any left.
    i went back to Arklow to get another one, but they were all gone

I asked a member of staff about them.. She said "they went in a flash";)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

MAORISH wrote: »
    Free children's school portrait in all Tesco extra stores between 3pm and 6 pm on Thurs 4th Sept.............Just bring your kidlets to the store in their school uniforms.

And for children who dont have school uniforms, educate together for example ??:confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

CH3OH wrote: »
    i went back to Arklow to get another one, but they were all gone

I asked a member of staff about them.. She said "they went in a flash";)

:D:D:D Actually about 15 left in Tesco Maynooth an hour ago! got myself two more for the cars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 JessieM

Lots of kids clothes at half price in Tesco - saw them setting out a full aisle of half priced clothes in Tesco Celbridge this morning. Includes character stuff e.g. Sophia the First / Doc McStuffins / Minnie Mouse for the girls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement