Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

Spotted in Tesco's Navan,
    Sylvanian Family Car for €6.49!!!!

Ive seen this before at €20 euro and thought that was a good deal

Red, 2 left in Navan

Also plenty of the bop it tetris

This was in Swinford also, only one left I think

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭mac1961

Plenty of reduced lego in Tesco Ballybeg (Chima, halo etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

CH3OH wrote: »
    These (Cupcake maker) are €6.30 in Tesco Arklow- in the reduced gift aisle. Bit of a novelty, but might appeal if you children want to make a few buns..

Found the equivalent cakepop maker box on a top shelf of Tesco Wilton, but the box was empty :( It also scanned at €6.30. Will check other Cork stores in the next few days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

leqEAeul.png?2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Wife bought a load of discounted products yesterday in Maynooth. Cant remember everything but off the top of my head.

- Little toy cars - 70 summit cent each
    - Monsters University pencil cases with pens/pencils/paints in it - 1.12 i think each
    - Lamby from Doc McStuffins - normally 25 quid in Smyths got it for 2.50
    - baby vests - 3 for 2
    - Children's dressing gowns - 1.50 I think
    - Children's hat/gloves and scarf set - 1.12

Thats all I can remember at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

snubbleste wrote: »
    leqEAeul.png?2

20% off Ticketmaster!

Gonna get a few of those myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

What is the facebook voucher for? The wife is facebook addicted so i might get her her one; depending on what it is used for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

What is the facebook voucher for? The wife is facebook addicted so i might get her her one; depending on what it is used for

Apps and Games apparently - I had no idea either, so I Googled it - https://en-gb.facebook.com/giftcards

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Apps and Games apparently - I had no idea either, so I Googled it - https://en-gb.facebook.com/giftcards

Paddy
    thought as much, useless so. Thanks for the explanation though

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Has anyone used the ticketmaster card before ?
    Just wondering if there's any catch , limitations of use or sneaky admin charges etc ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

cathalj wrote: »
    Has anyone used the ticketmaster card before ?
    Just wondering if there's any catch , limitations of use or sneaky admin charges etc ?

Word of caution on the ticketmaster cards. Got a few a couple of Christmasses ago as a present. The only real condition is a use by date of approx one year - this happens when you register the card (from memory). If you don't use the balance by the end of that year you lose it.

So for example if you register a €100 card and buy two tickets at say €28 (€56) but don't use the opther €44 by the end of the year you lose it! Crazy! I contacted customer services about extending it and basicaly got the same reply over and over again which basically said "computer says no". As ticket prices will rarely if ever come to exactly what your voucher is for, you'll be left with something.

Very inflexible and very unfair IMO. It's not technically transferable either, but as it's a code you should be able to do so. I ended up giving the balance away free on adverts to someone who could use it.

OH - AND FROM MEMORY - and I could be wrong on this - I think they takle their normal booking fee when using these cards too!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Word of caution on the ticketmaster cards. Got a few a couple of Christmasses ago as a present. The only real condition is a use by date of approx one year - this happens when you register the card (from memory). If you don't use the balance by the end of that year you lose it.

So for example if you register a €100 card and buy two tickets at say €28 (€56) but don't use the opther €44 by the end of the year you lose it! Crazy! I contacted customer services about extending it and basicaly got the same reply over and over again which basically said "computer says no". As ticket prices will rarely if ever come to exactly what your voucher is for, you'll be left with something.

Very inflexible and very unfair IMO. It's not technically transferable either, but as it's a code you should be able to do so. I ended up giving the balance away free on adverts to someone who could use it.

OH - AND FROM MEMORY - and I could be wrong on this - I think they takle their normal booking fee when using these cards too!!!!!!!

Most gift cards have an expiry date?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Most gift cards have an expiry date?

Yes, but most are longer than 12 months (I think Brown Thomas Gift cards have eitehr 3 or 4 years before they expire), and in my own experience, most will happily allow you to extend if you haven't used the full balance by the expiry date.

And most don't charge a booking fee you for the privildge of redeeming them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

300436.jpg300434.jpg

Thought I'd put this up as an example of how you can be sucked in by the word FREE

Which one would most customers pick up?

(p.s. the SEL's were not that close together)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The 24 pack is half price €1.71
    The 12 pack+100%free is not on offer.

Edit: for pedantic reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

The 12 pack is not on offer.
    :confused: Aren't they both 24 packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hopefully the one advertised as an offer, then they can afford to give good deals to those who actually do bother to look.

I saw a sort of similar enough thing last night, this 12 pack of toilet roll

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=277162458

SAVE 1.99 Was 7.99 N...
    valid until 22/4/2014
    €6.00

Right beside it was this one, this link shows it is €5.89 but is missing that it is 9 rolls + 3 free
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=274991368

The SEL label is yellow on the dearer one indicating an offer, the other is normal colour. Both are the exact same, the €6 one did say "now 20% longer rolls", but the €5.89 one had the same sheets per roll.

I saw a woman go for the €5.89 one right away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The amount of people who race for something just because it says 'special offer' is crazy. My mother does it all the time, and I have to show her that you only get the good deals when you look more carefully and avoid the bright FREE labels which are sometimes not 'free' at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Cydoniac wrote: »
    The amount of people who race for something just because it says 'special offer' is crazy. My mother does it all the time, and I have to show her that you only get the good deals when you look more carefully and avoid the bright FREE labels which are sometimes not 'free' at all.
    And the other thing the mothers do (at least mine does) is go for the big size presuming that the larger size is always better value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

I don't know about most customers, but this one always goes by €/kg or € /L, and the phone calculator is always at hand when shopping.

ETA: Oh, and price per unit too - if I had believed every jumbo value pack label on nappies in particular I'd be a lot poorer today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Vo5 Clean cut is shampoo is now 75c showing as 1.50 in Naas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The 12 pack+100%free is not on offer.

Edit: for pedantic reasons

and both ways are more expensive then the €1.49 you can get them for in Dealz

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I don't know about most customers, but this one always goes by €/kg or € /L,
    These "per unit" prices are frequently wrong in tesco. I am not sure if any law governs them or if their own refund policy does.

I was doing per unit pricing in my head long before the shops had it, and before having a calculator in your pocket as standard, and I am still fairly handy at doing it. Some are blatantly wrong, so its obvious, some are out a small bit but enough to make it appear to be the best value when its not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

rubadub wrote: »
    These "per unit" prices are frequently wrong in tesco. I am not sure if any law governs them or if their own refund policy does.

1998 EU consumer regulations as transposed to Irish law - no idea when we did or what it was called.

I don't trust Tesco on them either - most notable one I can remember seeing was a 6 pack of 330ml cans of Carlsberg - so just shy of 2l; €5 on offer and claiming "€10.00 per litre". Nearly 4 times higher than the actual unit price!

edit: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2002/en/si/0639.html

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

rubadub wrote: »
    These "per unit" prices are frequently wrong in tesco.
    Yup. I notice it most frequently on pasta, rice, cereals, detergents and toiletries, but it's not confined solely to those items.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

129767_A_L.jpg

Picked up one of these in Arklow. €13 something
    Star Wars Anakin to Vader Colour Change Lightsaber

It looks really cool in the dark
    I nearly didn't give it as a gift ... but I did!

link to demo
    http://content.webcollage.net/apps/cs/mini-site/toys-ie/module/hasbrouk/wcpc/1379346419901/tab/demo-a6d082bf?enable-reporting=true&showtabs=&channel-product-id=129767

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

sue97 wrote: »
    Lots of these in Clare Hall as well

loads of these bop it Tetris in Greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

This Wingman 3 in 1 (I think) is scanning at €1.09 in Mahon Point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

Don't know if its just for the weekend that's in it but Maynooth were reducing all the Cherokee women's clothes. Half price. New in stuff included. Some lovely bits up there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement