Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Also in the Brack, and on a more cheerful note- 6 boxes left of the Reduced price finish tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

damian139 wrote: »
    Ballybrack selling the paulaner glass that was FREE in the Oktoberfest promotion for a whopping e9!:confused:
    Naughty Tesco!

Yeah saw that in Celbridge Tesco too .... tut tut ...

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Came across the 2 recently published cookbooks below in Kildare Town and Tullamore Tesco's priced at €9 each ... a good saving on the Easons price ... :D

http://www.easons.com/p-2721669-mary-berry-cooks.aspx
    http://www.easons.com/search.aspx?query=Annabel+Karmel%27s+Family+Cookbook

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Picked up some finish tablets that were incorrectly marked at half price, should have been 14 down to 7. Scanned at 14. After quadruple checking the barcode, I bought them at the self service counter. And went to customer service for correction. First they wanted to give me back 28, which is just the difference. I pointed to the sign and the manager was called back, and they gave me double the difference on all 4. Grudgingly. Seems they normally only do it on the first item. :D

Double the difference on a supposedly but not really half price item means 4 boxes of 32 finish tabs at 0.

They took away the shelf edge labels after that.

damian139 wrote: »
    Ballybrack selling the paulaner glass that was FREE in the Oktoberfest promotion for a whopping e9!:confused:
    Naughty Tesco!

When I bought the beer on offer at the time the tankard was scanning at €9,99. Told the cashier it was supposed to be free and after speaking to her manager she came back and sorted it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Octonuats octolab in clearance section Naas for €13.99, €45 in smyths..
    http://www.toys.ie/Search/Shop_Product_Search.aspx?Profile=Euro&query=octolab

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

From tomorrow for a week, save €1.99 was 5.99 now 4.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

danjo-xx wrote: »
    From tomorrow for a week, save €1.99 was 5.99 now 4.00

ok I'll bite,
    what was €5.99 and is now €4?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Kat1170

wilser wrote: »
    ok I'll bite,
    what was €5.99 and is now €4?

Cadbury's Roses 350g

;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Thanks, doesn't show up on the mobile site for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

wilser wrote: »
    Thanks, doesn't show up on the mobile site for some reason

Never does apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Lynx Gel scanning at €1.50.

This Lynx Shampoo is scanning at 80c.

Both in Mahon Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Heuston14

Elnett Hairspray 200ml for coloured hair €1.29 Tesco Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Boxes of active fit pampers for 10e in portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Tayto Ocassions (Bacon Fries & 4 cheese with Mediterranean Herbs) BOGOF - €2.07 for 2 bags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Soarer wrote: »

Both in Mahon Point.

Was in there last night and remembered reading this, picked up the gel but no sign of the shampoo.

xabi wrote: »
    Was in there last night and remembered reading this, picked up the gel but no sign of the shampoo.

They were right next to each other. There was another few Lynx shampoos there too but were scanning at full price. There was maybe 10 there when I left, so I'd say someone here hobbled the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Colgate advanced white go clear, 100ml tube.

€1.19

1490580_1.jpg

They were right next to each other. There was another few Lynx shampoos there too but were scanning at full price. There was maybe 10 there when I left, so I'd say someone here hobbled the lot.

I got the last gel, someone here with clean hair for the next few months at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Both in Mahon Point.

Seen that shampoo in tesco coonagh and scanned it. Came up at 4.79e

• Advertisement

Both in Mahon Point.

I found the shampoo, thanks for the additional info Soarer :) They aren't in the mens toiletries isle, they are in the next isle towards the TVs, about 6 or 7 left, its a good bargain as the full price is 4.75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I found the shampoo, thanks for the additional info Soarer :) They aren't in the mens toiletries isle, they are in the next isle towards the TVs, about 6 or 7 left, its a good bargain as the full price is 4.75

THat must be just the one store then. Strange that Tesco would do that

THat must be just the one store then. Strange that Tesco would do that

That particular version was marked down to 1.60 or something, buts its scanning at 80c

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

I have noticed that my local Tesco (Ashbourne) has reduced certain toiletries in a dedicated section, with many items up to 80% off, although the range is limited. However, Tesco in Navan have none of these items reduced, but have had other random different items at big discounts. It seems like individual branches are applying discounts unique to that particular store, presumably items that are not selling well at that store.

Ultimately, this may may mean that flagging reduced Tesco items in a forum such as this may no longer have the same relevance for other stores, where they may not be reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JessieM

Some great toy clearance items eg Fisher Price stroll-along walker buggy normally 37 - 40 euro down to 10.50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

nerf rampage - 10.49
    bop it tetris - marked 16 scanning at 8.75
    FX Starwars lightsaber - marked 27, scanning 13.99
    Lego - Hive Crawler - marked 50 something, scanning 16.79
    Lego - eradicator - marked 36, scanning 12.24
    Cars single duvet set - 5.25
    transformers optimus prime - marked 32, scanning 16 (approx, i didn't buy it)
    monster high make up set was scanning at 14'ish too.

all in crescent sc limerick.

there were other toys too that had yellow price cards but scanning at half the marked price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

ablelocks wrote: »
    nerf rampage - 10.49
    bop it tetris - marked 16 scanning at 8.75
    FX Starwars lightsaber - marked 27, scanning 13.99
    Lego - Hive Crawler - marked 50 something, scanning 16.79
    Lego - eradicator - marked 36, scanning 12.24
    Cars single duvet set - 5.25
    transformers optimus prime - marked 32, scanning 16 (approx, i didn't buy it)
    monster high make up set was scanning at 14'ish too.

all in crescent sc limerick.

there were other toys too that had yellow price cards but scanning at half the marked price.

same in Arklow, I went in last night to get bread and milk and came with a trolley load of toys. thats my toddler sorted more or less for xmas

To add, they had disney cars and planes sets reduced from €46 to €8 and €54 to €10 respectively

That particular version was marked down to 1.60 or something, buts its scanning at 80c

Anything with a little asterix in the corner of the SEL, or a blue dot as the case may be, means they're end of line stock and definitely worth checking the scanner. Could be reduced to silly prices.

PS. That Shampoo is €5.15 in my local Super Valu. Half thinking about buying a few in Tesco and return them to Super Valu for a refund/store credit! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

Anything with a little asterix in the corner of the SEL, or a blue dot as the case may be, means they're end of line stock and definitely worth checking the scanner. Could be reduced to silly prices.

PS. That Shampoo is €5.15 in my local Super Valu. Half thinking about buying a few in Tesco and return them to Super Valu for a refund/store credit! ;)

Silly question but where is the SEL, on the signs?? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

sugarman wrote: »
    SEL IS the sign, Shelf Edge Label;)

Thank you for your help I am new to this Thread it a good one as I love to find bargains to help the weekly money go further will post any thing I can find on here :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement