Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

Tomorrows Crazy Prices are Rice Krispies 700g for €2, tiger bread .50c, Persil 25 washes €4.75....and a laptop for €269. Its on FB as I would have no idea about the technical details of a laptop :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Tesco coonagh cross in limerick have a single swing, was €39.99 (I think definitely €30) now €8.50

There were at least 5 there when I left today.

Attached is a link for the product description.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-single-swing/203-1849.prd

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Tomorrows Crazy Prices are Rice Krispies 700g for €2, tiger bread .50c, Persil 25 washes €4.75....and a laptop for €269. Its on FB as I would have no idea about the technical details of a laptop :o

Its a Toshiba C8500
    Processor- AMD E1-1200
    2Gb RAM
    320Gb Hard-drive
    Windows 8

Nothing to get excited about- but for 269, its something you could get as a stop gap- or for a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭CH3OH

A couple of offers that may be of interest
    IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Frys Turkish single bars €1.15 each Two for €1
    Cheaper than the multipacks, which I have never seen on offer.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Munchies Ice cream multi pack 4 €3.50 each 3 packs for €5

The 3 for € 5 also includes a selection of Birds Eye products (10 others)

The most expensive is
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Birds Eye 2 Sweet Chilli Chicken 180G 1 pack €3.99 3 packs for €5

Also for the Persil on offer from tomorrow..
    I would expect the Pigsback €1 off coupon to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

What time do they open:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 monastill

Just to let you all know that in Carlow Tesco there is Persil +comfort sunshine yellow in the reduced section of the detergents scanning at 2.17 instead of the reduced price of 4.34, which in itself is a bargain. Were lots left on the shelf.It brings back memories of last year and the woolite and persil vouchers and being able to stock up for the next two years. No date on the bottle so dont know how long it will last. The section is at top of aisle with washing up liquid etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

monastill wrote: »
    Just to let you all know that in Carlow Tesco there is Persil +comfort sunshine yellow in the reduced section of the detergents scanning at 2.17 instead of the reduced price of 4.34, which in itself is a bargain. Were lots left on the shelf.It brings back memories of last year and the woolite and persil vouchers and being able to stock up for the next two years. No date on the bottle so dont know how long it will last. The section is at top of aisle with washing up liquid etc.

I'm fairly sure washing up detergent doesn't go "off".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Thanks found same price in coonagh, was just loose in normal section though. Nothing in reduced section though. Still 2.17 though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

tiger blood for 50c.....what is charlies cut :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

tiger blood for 50c.....what is charlies cut :confused:

Tiger bread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

siber wrote: »
    Bought a Duracell Easy Charger in Tesco Athlone this afternoon for €3.75.

This charger charges 2 AA or 2 AAA batteries.

It comes with 2 AA 1700mAh batteries.

This was priced €3.75 on the normal white tag not the yellow reduced tag.

Barcode 5 00394 09975

19249534_500x500_1.jpg

Got this for my father for his new digital camera, he's delighted, thank OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thanks for this! It was in the regular detergents section of Tesco Roselawn and the shelf label said €4.34 but I took the bottle to the price checker on the wall and when it scanned at €2.17 I felt like one of those coupon people on the TV! I didn't quite clear the shelf, tempting and all as it was ;) None in Tesco Cabra which I tried first on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

athtrasna wrote: »
    Thanks for this! It was in the regular detergents section of Tesco Roselawn and the shelf label said €4.34 but I took the bottle to the price checker on the wall and when it scanned at €2.17 I felt like one of those coupon people on the TV! I didn't quite clear the shelf, tempting and all as it was ;) None in Tesco Cabra which I tried first on the way home.
    Is this the Persil Comfort 2in1 Sunshiny Days in the 25 load size? Last night scanned that size at the price checker, and it came up at €8+ or €9+ This was shelved in the regular detergent aisle and there was no indication that it was on sale. Couldn't see any other size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

leck wrote: »
    Is this the Persil Comfort 2in1 Sunshine Yellow in the 25 load size? Last night scanned it at the price checker, and it came up at €8+ or €9+ This was shelved in the regular detergent aisle and there was no indication that it was on sale. Couldn't see any other size.

Yes it was! Shelf label (regular detergent aisle) said €4.34 but it scanned at €2.17. The checkout operator was very excited at the discovery and said she had to get some herself at that price before they ran out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

athtrasna wrote: »
    Yes it was! Shelf label (regular detergent aisle) said €4.34 but it scanned at €2.17. The checkout operator was very excited at the discovery and said she had to get some herself at that price before they ran out.
    So it seems items like this vary from store to store, right? Or can I expect that is will be reduced in my local store (Claremorris) too in the coming days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anybody know if any of the Kildare stores still have the laptops?

Celbridge and Maynooth- yes to both (@ lunchtime today anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

Think Naas had some at the weekend anyway but my mum bought a Toshiba laptop a few months ago and had awful trouble with it. I'm nearly certain it was the same model as the one Tesco are selling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭froggie76

Tesco Naas - lalaloopsy silly hair doll €13.50 shelf label says €16.50 reduced from €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whittler

persil comfort great find op,got the last few bottles in tesco carlow

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

My local Tesco had a few of the Persil marked and scanning at €2.17, was happy enough till I went to the smaller Tesco Express and saw them at €1.75 :eek:
    I was wobbed!

snubbleste wrote: »
    My local Tesco had a few of the Persil marked and scanning at €2.17, was happy enough till I went to the smaller Tesco Express and saw them at €1.75 :eek:
    I was wobbed!

Where!!!! Come-on..... tell us........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭ablelocks

wmpdd3 wrote: »

2 of these in the Waterford (ardkeen) and Clonmel stores as of this morning - priced at €26.

Apple Digital AV adaptor was reduced to €19 in one of those stores, but can't rem which one.

They have the Persil- but its not on special in Clondalkin- I thought the price on the shelf must be wrong- so I brought it to a check-out operator- and sure enough it matched the price on the shelf- 9.89- the checkout girl was surprised- 'God, thats expensive, that couldn't be right for that sized bottle'. I told her that I wouldn't take it- but she insisted on getting the manager- who said they were told to change the price. 9.89? Come-on, can't see them ever selling a bottle at that price!

Tiger blood not on special either- 1.25 for a loaf. I did have a nice lunch though.

No laptops or other crazy specials (and none advertised in store).

Don't think I'll be visiting Clondalkin branch again in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BillyBooWhoo

Bought for €2.17 in tesco about an hour ago, possibly not same one you scanned, because that is a huge leap

Bought for €2.17 in tesco about an hour ago, possibly not same one you scanned, because that is a huge leap

Which branch?

Also- I opened this thread on my phone to make 100% certain I had the right one- and it matched exactly.
    Some branches seem to have cottoned on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BillyBooWhoo

Which branch?

Also- I opened this thread on my phone to make 100% certain I had the right one- and it matched exactly.
    Some branches seem to have cottoned on :(

Tesco rathfarnham, got 7 bottles for €15, at the price you were quoted 7 bottles would have set me back about €62, they still had loads left an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sud1

Anybody have a picture of persil..was in midleton today and couldnt see any..Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭uli84

siber wrote: »
    Bought a Duracell Easy Charger in Tesco Athlone this afternoon for €3.75.

This charger charges 2 AA or 2 AAA batteries.

It comes with 2 AA 1700mAh batteries.

This was priced €3.75 on the normal white tag not the yellow reduced tag.

Barcode 5 00394 09975

19249534_500x500_1.jpg

Anyone seen that in Dublin? Badly need one...thanks.

• Advertisement

sud1 wrote: »
    Anybody have a picture of persil..was in midleton today and couldnt see any..Thanks

Its still somewhere on this thread- I found it earlier- but can't see it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement