Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I think people should be specific about Tesco 'bargains' in their postings because every Tesco store has a 'clearance' section that contains stock that that specific store is getting rid of for one reason and another and are not nationwide selling prices. If people state clearly that the reduced price item was in a specific store's clearance section as distinct from being at a generally available discounted price then that will save people going around to different store's like blue ar$ed flies thinking that the product they read was on sale at some other store was generally available when that may not be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

Thomas take and play quarry set was €30 in tescos Clearwater - got the last one - one of the better sets.

Think it's €50 in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Pyrex Flan Tin

€0.84c

Tesco Ardkeen, in the reduced item section beside inks. White SEL.

I think they were about €9 starting off.

thank you for that I got the second last one today in Arklow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

franer1970 wrote: »
    In Navan, 4 x 415g Heinz Baked Beans cans €1.77
    Six pack was €4.99, by way of comparison.
    415g is the "standard" sized can by the way.

The 4 x 415g pack were €1.77 in Wilton today also, even though tesco.ie states the price as being €3.55 still. Very good value if a single tin is 95c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thank you for that I got the second last one today in Arklow :D

the feckers must have put more out because there were none over the last few days when i was looking for them. where are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just to ad that the name of the store and the location of the bargain is handy, but also, if you have the barcode for the item you can get the people on the customer service desk to check if it is in stock. So if your local store doesnt have the stock, dont give up!

The stock will be the same price in all stores, as long as it doesnt have its own yellow label stuck to the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just to ad that the name of the store and the location of the bargain is handy, but also, if you have the barcode for the item you can get the people on the customer service desk to check if it is in stock. So if your local store doesnt have the stock, dont give up!

The stock will be the same price in all stores, as long as it doesnt have its own yellow label stuck to the item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

wmpdd3 wrote: »

depends on the store id say, Tesco douglas have no stock checker, (or at least that is what the staff insist if you ask them if something is in stock)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

hoodwinked wrote: »
    depends on the store id say, Tesco douglas have no stock checker, (or at least that is what the staff insist if you ask them if something is in stock)

The in store computers have that facility, the one where the staff print out their pricing tags. A staff member will have to use it though. They always check for me in my local store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kn wrote: »
    I think people should be specific about Tesco 'bargains' in their postings because every Tesco store has a 'clearance' section that contains stock that that specific store is getting rid of for one reason and another and are not nationwide selling prices. If people state clearly that the reduced price item was in a specific store's clearance section as distinct from being at a generally available discounted price then that will save people going around to different store's like blue ar$ed flies thinking that the product they read was on sale at some other store was generally available when that may not be the case.

Oh and can we stop with the line "I got the last one" too?

This doesn't help fellow boardsies at all if it's a Tesco bargain but eh there's none left :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Big reductions on baby food, nappies and baby stuff in general starting this morning in the power isle in Naas Extra .

vicwatson wrote: »

This doesn't help fellow boardsies at all if it's a Tesco bargain but eh there's none left :rolleyes:

it does help actually, by stopping you going to that particular store when there is none left there.
    The in store computers have that facility, the one where the staff print out their pricing tags. A staff member will have to use it though. They always check for me in my local store.

really? i've asked about products loads of times in Douglas and they shrug and say "we've no way of seeing whats in stock out the back"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

it does help actually, by stopping you going to that particular store when there is none left there.

But not if your the one saying "blah is reduced to €0.00 but I got the last one"

dickwod1 wrote: »
    But not if your the one saying "blah is reduced to €0.00 but I got the last one"

but remember people have access to an estimated 4 or 5 tesco stores,

by saying the above you are telling people that the product is reduced but gone from store A, so try B, C, D & E.

by the way Tesco Douglas are selling clothes rails for €10 they can usually be up to €15-€20 elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

vicwatson wrote: »

It does help fellow boardsies. Someone might have taken the last one from some Tesco in Galway but I may find several in Tesco in Midleton or Wilton. Often in other stores items might not be marked at the reduced price so without someone (who took the last one somewhere else) posting about it, I wouldn't know about it. Apart from the stickered clearance items that someone mentioned most items are reduced nationwide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

brokenarms wrote: »
    Big reductions on baby food, nappies and baby stuff in general starting this morning in the power isle in Naas Extra .

Any idea of how much off on the baby stuff. Things like SMA tins of baby formula? Someone on the baby bargain thread said there wasn't much off any of the baby stuff at all.

€3 of stairgates for example. That's a poor reduction when argos are knocking a fair bit off. According to the other thread the tins are about €10 which is about 50c off the price before xmas and still less than a €1 off normal price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Yawns wrote: »
    Any idea of how much off on the baby stuff. Things like SMA tins of baby formula? Someone on the baby bargain thread said there wasn't much off any of the baby stuff at all.

Apparently they've an agreement not to compete on the price of formula, which is why they all raise the price of it at the same time!!! Anyone know the definition of 'cartel' btw?

Yawns wrote: »

€3 of stairgates for example. That's a poor reduction when argos are knocking a fair bit off. According to the other thread the tins are about €10 which is about 50c off the price before xmas and still less than a €1 off normal price.

Keep an eye on the stair gates, we picked up a lindam pink bed rail (retail price €20est0
    for €5 once the blue ones were full price. they tend to do things like that.
    Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Apparently they've an agreement not to compete on the price of formula, which is why they all raise the price of it at the same time!!! Anyone know the definition of 'cartel' btw?

i think that they cannot reduce the price of Formula or do offers on it, or promote it if its for under 3's, its something to do with breastfeeding and promoting formula discouraging it or something.

its not a cartel its just child health.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Keep an eye on the stair gates, we picked up a lindam pink bed rail (retail price €20est0
    for €5 once the blue ones were full price. they tend to do things like that.

i think that they cannot reduce the price of Formula or do offers on it, or promote it if its for under 3's, its something to do with breastfeeding and promoting formula discouraging it or something.

its not a cartel its just child health.

I understand that the theory is that they don't want to encourage formula over breast feeding, but price rigging isn't the best way to achieve such results,
    Aptamil was €9.75 when I first encountered it 3 years ago and is now €12.15, it has never dropped in price in my experience and is always

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

the feckers must have put more out because there were none over the last few days when i was looking for them. where are they?

they were in the kitchen aisle towards the back - there's no price on the shelf so I checked it on the price checker where the saucepans & pots & stuff are - last one might hopefully still be there for you next time you're in :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Aptamil was €9.75 when I first encountered it 3 years ago and is now €12.15, it has never dropped in price in my experience and is always

€1.50 off some of the Aptamil range today in tesco & one third off nappies. The new range of baby wipes are down to 95c fom €1.05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

dickwod1 wrote: »

Asking Customer services is handy. Many bargains don't even make it onto the shelves because they're stuck on shelf in the warehouse for the last year or two.

Missed a couple of back up hard drive yokes in Eason and Tesco recently. Neither of them were ever on display. Someone asked before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Anyone know the definition of 'cartel' btw?

Definition of a Cartel - its only a racket if your not involved!! (why is that stuck in my head? Where did i see that? )
    The new range of baby wipes are down to 95c fom €1.05

Well thats aload of bollix down 10 cent from 1.05 to 95 ... They were always 95 cent... So they change the packaging and bump up the price 10 cent.... What a shower of runts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just to help Tesco have
    4 packs of Crunchie, Flake, Dairy Milk and Wispa at €1.21 until 29 Jan

from today until 30th
    4 pack of Mars bars € 1.37
    4 pack of Bounty bars € 1.34
    4 pack of Galaxy bars € 1.39

From tomorrow until 30th
    4 pack of Galaxy Bubbles € 1.39

To help you can down them with 2 L of Sprite Zero
    from today until 30th €1.14
    Normal Sprite is also €1.14

Something completely different
    Pampers new born nappies size 1 50 pack
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

on offer at €4.49 until 02 Feb
    Looks like they used an old image of a Pampers pack with 54 nappies! (The shrinking pampers packs)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Wengerr luggage clearing in Cabra, wash bags €5.50, briefcase trolley €36, backpack€12 & messenger bag €14.

Edit - wenger no webber

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

The cost of delivering has only gone up in recent years with the extra costs associated with the cost of diesel ect. That a long with many other factors is where the price increase has come from. Not a "cartel"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

KathleenF wrote: »
    Wengerr luggage clearing in Cabra, wash bags €5.50, briefcase trolley €36, backpack€12 & messenger bag €14.

Edit - wenger no webber

I saw that . They were selling really cheap in tesco northside and clare hall too. Just shows how collecting all those stamps a few months ago for half price luggage was a waste of time. They are like Arthur Daly wheeler dealers just trying to offload them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Double post!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Purfect putt (like gator golf ) reduced from €13.99 to €3 in Drogheda excellent for birthday presents for the kiddies parties through out the year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Picked up one of the 89cent flan dishes today, thanks to whoever posted it. Plenty left in Douglas, they're on a shelf upstairs just to the left of all the rest of the roasting tins and things like that, beside a load of thermos flasks, no price ticket but scanning at 89c.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement