Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Holding your fresh stuff in you trolley wont work it will have to have a yellow sticker.
    Thats probably usually the case, but I had said in that post
    It is not like it has to be relabeled with those yellow stickers, it is often done automatically (though you will see stuff with the yellow labels too).
    I expect many mainly do the stickers too, I have seen this blanket announcement with no stickers a few times before, not just christmas eve
    wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Stores that will be open on St Stephen's day will have less reduction on xmas eve but may have more on the 26th.

It all goes on date, just because its xmas eve it doesnt mean they will sell off a turkey with 3 days left on it.
    Mine was open stephens day. on 24th there must have been about 40-50 regular fresh turkeys down to €10 from I think €28-20. And about 10-15 finest organic free range ones down to about €15 depending on weight.

I am not sure of use by dates, where I did see them they were all reduced, with the stickers.

Thing is they might have no hope of selling turkey after christmas, so sell it off regardless of date. I expect they have very little demand for it during the year, and expect people would be sick of it right after christmas. Its a pretty crap meat in fairness, its like its almost taboo to mention it, but I can understand the lack of demand. Many people seem delighted if their turkey ends up palatable! its like they are presuming the worst and not expecting much. Of course some will go on about cooking it right and that it is grand meat, but how many times do those people buy one during the year? and if you say that's because its big & takes long to cook -well that's part & parcel of the crapiness of it. I don't think I have ever heard of comments along the lines of "wow, I forgot how great turkey is, maybe we should get one next month when all those people are coming over".

Of course it is a risk to bet there will be turkey on offer on the last day, but many could not care less, its not like you would go hungry, shops have other things. I wish my mother would take "the risk" and lose, and have to get an alternative for about the same price, say a nice rib eye steak or decent free range chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

1/3 off plastic food containers, Half price winterwarm duvets ( €22) and sets of two pillows (€11), half price kenwood food processor (€55)

This kodak printer is €150, supposedly €70 off http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-Office-Hero-6-1-Printer/dp/B005J3ID7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356611642&sr=8-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not exactly a bargain per se, but was in Dun Laoghaire branch today and saw 6 pk of Pepsi for €2, went to self service, scanned at €4.19.
    paid for it, and then went to customer services, invoked their double the difference policy, got myself free pepsi AND 38c.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I thought they got rid of that I bought a toblerone that was supposed to be €2.49 but scanned at €4.99 I went to customer service and only got the advertised price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    I thought they got rid of that I bought a toblerone that was supposed to be €2.49 but scanned at €4.99 I went to customer service and only got the advertised price.

did you actually pay for it and then go to customer service, or did you alert customer service before paying? if it was the latter then they just have to honour the correct price, if it was the former they should refund you.

• Advertisement

I had to go to the desk and specifically asked "does that mean i get it or something "just trying my luck and she said no we don't do that anymore,maybe she pocketed my 2.49 lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

yeah, but did you pay and then go to the desk or did you just ask her before paying?

I payed first, noticed the wrong price then went to the customer service desk.I used the self service so there was no cashier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

maybe it has changed and I got lucky with who I dealt with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

They seemed to have changed the policy months ago but some stores offer different policies or the staff just don't know / care very much. My bet is on the latter.

Just as a note how did you get double the difference if all you got was the cans for free and 38c? Was it a typo? You should have got 4.38 and free cans if it was double the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

All stores have the same policy, double the difference.

Complain to customer service.

All stores have the same policy, double the difference.

Complain to customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Hi, to all the iPad owners out there, we all know having to buy a charger is really expensive but I've found a free way to charge my iPad.
    In tesco merrion they have an iPad stall and each iPad is plugged into a charger. Plug the charger out the store iPad (no one says you can't) and plug in your own!
    TA-DA!

PS. I'm not responisble if you decide to continue shopping and your iPad disappears

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bargain alert!

There's free Ipads in Tesco Merrion! Go to the charging points and any Ipad not locked in but charging, is free to a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Soarer

sotisme wrote: »
    Hi, to all the iPad owners out there, we all know having to buy a charger is really expensive but I've found a free way to charge my iPad.
    In tesco merrion they have an iPad stall and each iPad is plugged into a charger. Plug the charger out the store iPad (no one says you can't) and plug in your own!
    TA-DA!

PS. I'm not responisble if you decide to continue shopping and your iPad disappears

Obviously also suitable for shuffle/iPhone/iPod users. Can't be letting those posh iPad owners have all the cheap charging!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

sotisme wrote: »
    TA-DA!

You do know they are 1.49 in deals, and also in the 2 euro shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

phill106 wrote: »
    You do know they are 1.49 in deals, and also in the 2 euro shops?

Can't believe people took me seriously, there's a bargain and there's being pure ott stingey:D

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Must be quiet on the bargain front everywhere in Tesco! Been in 2 today and didnt see anything worthwhile...anyone else with anything new? Every little helps...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

muincav wrote: »
    Must be quiet on the bargain front everywhere in Tesco! Been in 2 today and didnt see anything worthwhile...anyone else with anything new? Every little helps...lol

Gorilla Tape half price in a bargain corner in Tesco Clare Hall. Something like 2 rolls at 7.5 euro

I would have got it myself but was overwhelmed by a fishy smell. Maybe it was the glue , who knows ;)

Yeah pretty slow lately :)

Claremorris have lovely Polly Pocket Island sets reduced to €4.99, and although a bit late in the day, the Rudolph game is reduced to €5, I saw it there before Christmas for €27.99. They also have Disney Princess magiclip sets reduced to €5 - Cinderella and Belle. If you have small children, magiclip is a Godsend, squeeze the bottom of the dress and it opens and you slot in the little doll - no more struggling with tiny dolls and tearing clothes. The sets are in a heart shaped bag, with beaded handles. Look great for that price, would make lovely birthday presents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Claremorris have lovely Polly Pocket Island sets reduced to €4.99, and although a bit late in the day, the Rudolph game is reduced to €5, I saw it there before Christmas for €27.99

its not really late though, pack it up with the decorations and gift it next year?

hoodwinked wrote: »
    its not really late though, pack it up with the decorations and gift it next year?

I actually got one and hid it from my smallies, we adopted an Elf on the Shelf this year, so he can bring it with him when he makes his appearance next year - if they are good *evil laugh* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

not sure if this would be considered a BA ...

Tesco in Wexford had a good few of these today - archos 80 cobalt tablet for €139

tesco.com selling for £99, but from a quick google they were selling it for £49 before Christmas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

NorNor wrote: »
    Can find coupons for Tesco for €10 savings on VoucherPages.ie

http://www.tesco.ie/ecoupon/

€10 off your first shop with €60. It's been standard for a while now with the offer being on Tesco's website and visible from the first page.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Deleted a load of crap..

.. what part of "No Off-Topic Chat" in the title do people not understand? Everything from debating pricing errors to dishonest shelf-stackers... this DOES NOT belong in this thread.

Start a thread elsewhere (Consumer Issues) if you want to discuss it.

I'd hate to start infracting people, but it's clearly indicated in the title that off-topic chat does not belong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IDShot_225x225.jpg

An appropriate item now half price until the 13 Jan
    "3 ply tissue: Now with new improved quilts
    Chamomile soft toilet tissue:3 layers of softness and gentleness in each sheet.
    Each quilted sheet is enriched with a chamomile scented balm, gentle and soft with a hint of freshness"

€1.74 pack of 4 Rolls

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Picked up 2 Blu ray box sets in Tullamore today for €10 each
    Clint Eastwood " The Spaghetti Western Trilogy" - 3 movies
    Planet of the Apes 5 movie collection
    I got the last copies of each, they were in the blu ray section.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Planet-Apes-5-Movie-Collectors-Edition/dp/B001GPTCE8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1357411325&sr=8-4
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Spaghetti-Western-Trilogy-Blu-ray/dp/B0039WHKHM/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1357411385&sr=1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭crayon80

Free wifi in Tesco :D

The network shows up as "Tesco Wifi." You need to register your clubcard number to connect to it but if you've no club card you can get an hour free as a guest.

I hope it isnt off topic, it was news to me anyhoo... handy to browse this thread as you shop :pac:

Pyrex%20Classic%20Non%20Stick%20Small%20Flan%20Pan,%2027cm.jpg

€0.84c

Tesco Ardkeen, in the reduced item section beside inks. White SEL.

I think they were about €9 starting off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭rameire

crayon80 wrote: »
    Free wifi in Tesco :D

The network shows up as "Tesco Wifi." You need to register your clubcard number to connect to it but if you've no club card you can get an hour free as a guest.

I hope it isnt off topic, it was news to me anyhoo... handy to browse this thread as you shop :pac:

i find the free wifi handy when in Naas Extra, as it is impossible to get any network internet connection when down the back of the shop while searching tesco bargain alerts on boards.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement