Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

crayon80 wrote: »
    Really? I emailed about this very thing recently and they politely told me use it or lose it. If a deal token expires it can't be recreditted to your account.

Used a few of mine the other day - were 10days expired. I "innocently" scanned them in at the self-checkout - it objected but then the supervisor overrode it and I got the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Does that cover the

" 50 clubcard points when you buy X"

Nope only clubcard deals.

Deal tokens and clubcard deals are 2 very different things.
    Really? I emailed about this very thing recently and they politely told me use it or lose it

That's interesting.
    6 months ago I sent them off a letter and asked and got them recredited (Clubcard deals).

Wish they would start doing the same deals on Ireland that the UK do. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

coffeepls wrote: »
    Just got one - loads still in tesco Naas (monread) - not marked as an offer at all, but other colours are twice the price - thanks a mill for spotting this :)

Just noticed these in Clonmel - as far as I could see they only had 3 red ones left. No ticket on shelf but scans at €12. They have gloss white ones for €31 and other white/grey ones for €12

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

Barbie video Girl in Crescent limerick last night for €25
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mattel-R4093-Barbie-Video-Girl/dp/B0037UR206/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355938679&sr=8-1
    they also had frogio games for €3 and a Rudolf board game reduced from 25 to 10

Lots of adult Christmas pyjamas reduced in Claremorris & Castlebar - really cute snowman bottoms for only €4.50, plenty of size 8/10 and 20/22 in C'bar yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

You may find lots of non-food bargains in most large stores this week as back stock that built up all year will be put out on the floor in the next week in an attempt to clear space for the new year. Reduced to clear. Seen some serious reductions this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

brokenarms wrote: »
    You may find lots of non-food bargains in most large stores this week as back stock that built up all year will be put out on the floor in the next week in an attempt to clear space for the new year. Reduced to clear. Seen some serious reductions this morning.

Tell us more, were listening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

^^^ The older colours in throws, pillows, bed sheets, towels.
    Kids scooters, outside toys, plastic balls, toy tennis rackets.
    Few kettles reduced etc. It should all be out between Christmas eve and St Stephen's day.

Pity I refuse to buy anything on a Sunday or a bank holiday!

Also, in the clothing most of the underwear and shoes are being reduced St. Stephan's day. If its anything like the nightware this week, it will be gone in 60 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Saw those long tubes of Smarties being reduced to €4 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Does Christmas food stock get good reductions before Christmas day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

Eathrin wrote: »

I picked up a large free range turkey last christmas eve at 70% off, just as I walked in the door they were getting marked down, gone in seconds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I know someone who works in Tesco and they were telling me that since they went to central purchasing through head office there isn't a whole lot of stuff left over till after the big events anymore, it used to be the case of making sure the shelves are full in case people come looking for stuff, now it's just sell all the stock, there was stories of people coming in to get their Christmas Turkey and Ham at the last minute only to be told that there was none left, there was war in Customer Services with people saying "that's what I've always done, you have to have some left".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Saw this last week and forgot to post
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005KQ2PW0

, Tesco Drogheda were selling that Samsung 4gb mp3 for 23 euro. There was 5or 6 of them beside the digital camera. Might be a good Christmas present for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Our Tesco will be chaos on Christmas Eve. They still do all the reductions and they do have people manhandling them and grabbing at stuff they are reducing - on a normal day!!! Just imagine the Christmas Eve reductions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was half thinking of waiting til the last minute to get the perishable food stuff but I couldn't hack that sort of chaos and fighting over stuff and the worry of not getting anything. Was in Mahon this morning and there was little or no decent reductions on anything. Did get a pile of butterhead lettuces for the guineapigs for 2c each though. (Think they were left over from yesterday's reduced pile, no-one ever wants the butterhead lettuces.)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Eathrin wrote: »
    Ridiculously large reductions in my one. I live right beside a tesco so have gone in twice some christmas eves.

The should have the closing time listed already, usually about 6 or 7pm. My tip would be to go in and get a fresh turkey or whatever other fresh christmas produce right away. Then wander around with your trolley. What usually happens in my one is the announcer comes on and starts saying stuff like "now 50% off all fresh turkeys", and as it gets closer and closer they can start announcing higher % off on stuff. As its in your trolley it is 'reserved' so you are not battling with the grabbers. It is not like it has to be relabeled with those yellow stickers, it is often done automatically (though you will see stuff with the yellow labels too).

They typically do not reduce frozen stuff. It can be a risk if you have a family and HAVE to have a turkey, but if you are just looking for bargains it can be great. There are usually frozen turkeys left over, or at least crowns, so it might be worth the risk. Or go stash a frozen crown in amongst peas or something!

Fancy cheese packs can go for nothing too, and sausage meat, and fruit like grapes.

It was actually fairly empty at closing time last year, I got a tesco finest fresh free range turkey crown for a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Risky. All for one or two meals.

You may end up with nothing if you leave it to late.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

rubadub wrote: »
    Ridiculously large reductions in my one. I live right beside a tesco so have gone in twice some christmas eves.

The should have the closing time listed already, usually about 6 or 7pm. My tip would be to go in and get a fresh turkey or whatever other fresh christmas produce right away. Then wander around with your trolley. What usually happens in my one is the announcer comes on and starts saying stuff like "now 50% off all fresh turkeys", and as it gets closer and closer they can start announcing higher % off on stuff. As its in your trolley it is 'reserved' so you are not battling with the grabbers. It is not like it has to be relabeled with those yellow stickers, it is often done automatically (though you will see stuff with the yellow labels too).

They typically do not reduce frozen stuff. It can be a risk if you have a family and HAVE to have a turkey, but if you are just looking for bargains it can be great. There are usually frozen turkeys left over, or at least crowns, so it might be worth the risk. Or go stash a frozen crown in amongst peas or something!

Fancy cheese packs can go for nothing too, and sausage meat, and fruit like grapes.

It was actually fairly empty at closing time last year, I got a tesco finest fresh free range turkey crown for a few euro.

Couldn't think of a more depressing place to be on Christmas Eve than in Tesco;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

vicwatson wrote: »
    Couldn't think of a more depressing place to be on Christmas Eve than in Tesco;)

Working in Tesco. Or Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Don17

Was just over in Tesco in the square.
    A lot of their toys are reduced even further and some are now 2 for 1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Oatfield orange chocolates 150g €2.27 57c

snubbleste wrote: »

*Nearly* tempted to go to a Tesco over the next few days to try and get a few bags of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭erie

Brita Maxtra Cartridges 6 Pack at half price €17.00

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

Tesco Oranmore
    Pear flavoured Mickey Finns normally sells bout 12 euro or a tenner, down to 5 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

2imb347.jpg

16jfuwh.jpg

Midleton today.
    Think I got the last radio but loads of speakers there

^^very unusual for Midleton to have any deals of any sort! Great bargains there. Well Done.

Holding your fresh stuff in you trolley wont work it will have to have a yellow sticker.

Store that close for St Stephen's day will have better reduction, for example of 150 units of party food prawn trays are going out of date on the 26th of dec, then they will have to be reduced on x-mas eve, on a normal week the 150 would just be sold at 70 per day and maybe 10 reduced with yellow labels.

Stores that will be open on St Stephen's day will have less reduction on xmas eve but may have more on the 26th.

It all goes on date, just because its xmas eve it doesnt mean they will sell off a turkey with 3 days left on it.

Best I got was a whole salmon for €5 a few years ago before the local store started opening on the 26th.

Holding your fresh stuff in you trolley wont work it will have to have a yellow sticker.

Store that close for St Stephen's day will have better reduction, for example of 150 units of party food prawn trays are going out of date on the 26th of dec, then they will have to be reduced on x-mas eve, on a normal week the 150 would just be sold at 70 per day and maybe 10 reduced with yellow labels.

Stores that will be open on St Stephen's day will have less reduction on xmas eve but may have more on the 26th.

It all goes on date, just because its xmas eve it doesnt mean they will sell off a turkey with 3 days left on it.

Best I got was a whole salmon for €5 a few years ago before the local store started opening on the 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

snubbleste wrote: »

Don't want to sound like a grinch but I wouldn't have those if they were giving them away since Zed candy closed the Oatfield factory in Letterkenny and moved production to England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭crayon80

Someone ahead of me in the queue had a spend €50 get €10 off voucher!! Anyone know where to get these? It looked like a leaflet but could have been a page from a booklet or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement