Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann routes 109/109A Changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

lxflyer wrote: »
    From the BE Website:

Briliant. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭tom23

You haven't answered the question in the post that you quoted.

I do not believe you, if you are trying to suggest that you would not get on the express service that goes out the port tunnel, if you just managed to get to Bus Aras as it was departing, if the driver was letting you on, if it was still at the gate area after the scheduled time of departure.

I do not believe you if you are trying to suggest you wouldn't accept being let board that express bus, despite it being late leaving Bus Aras, considering your alternatives were; the next available bus that leaves at the same time, then buses 15 minutes and 30 minutes later, all of which mean having to go through Phibsborough, Blanchardstown, Clonee and Dunshaughlin, or having to wait another hour for the next express service to Navan.

Given how much you complain about these services covering all the other towns, I find it very hard to believe that you would not accept being let on the express service, in a situation where it was late leaving the gate area and your alternative options for the next hour meant taking buses through Phibsborough, Blanchardstown, Clonee and Dunshaughlin.

Couldn't give a rats arse if you believe me or not. If I complain I have every right to considering the money and time spent. So do me a favour and put my posts on ignore and we'll both save ourselves the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

tom23 wrote: »
    Couldn't give a rats arse if you believe me or not. If I complain I have every right to considering the money and time spent. So do me a favour and put my posts on ignore and we'll both save ourselves the hassle.

Once again, you have quoted my post and not answered the question I put to you.

As you well know, I never said you had no right to complain, if the bus does not leave at the scheduled departure time.

As you well know, I asked you if you would board the bus, if you just managed to get to the gate parking area before it departed, if it was still at the gate beyond the time it is scheduled to depart, and the driver was allowing you on the bus?

Or would you, on a point of principle, take the other services at that time that go through Phibsborough, Blanchardstown, Clonee and Dunshaughlin, or wait an hour for the next express service?

You have no right to criticise other bus users, who manage to get buses just in time, for taking these buses once the driver permits them on board, when it is clear that you would do the exact same as them, if you were in their situation.

Once again, you have quoted my post and not answered the question I put to you.

As you well know, I never said you had no right to complain, if the bus does not leave at the scheduled departure time.

As you well know, I asked you if you would board the bus, if you just managed to get to the gate parking area before it departed, if it was still at the gate beyond the time it is scheduled to depart, and the driver was allowing you on the bus?

Or would you, on a point of principle, take the other services at that time that go through Phibsborough, Blanchardstown, Clonee and Dunshaughlin, or wait an hour for the next express service?

You have no right to criticise other bus users, who manage to get buses just in time, for taking these buses once the driver permits them on board, when it is clear that you would do the exact same as them, if you were in their situation.

Just press the ignore button there horse burger. Its easy. And BTW spare me the self righteous bleeding heart boxology of what rights I do and don't have. Getting to a gate to a bus that is still parked in its bay with doors open regardless if there is seconds left on the departure clock is irrelevant and a pedantic labouring of a point on your part. Getting to a bay when a bus is trying to depart, banging on a door or running out on to a courtyard trying to flag a bus down when its trying to depart is the goddam point I am trying to convey. I have seen doors been closed by the station inspectors and I have seen an exchange of words between drivers and inspectors about doors been not closed when passengers trying to board a bus... wait for it... nearly there, when its trying to DEPART at its schedule time.

And NO I would not try to board a bus when the door is closed.

tom23 wrote: »
    Just press the ignore button there horse burger. Its easy. And BTW spare me the self righteous bleeding heart boxology of what rights I do and don't have. Getting to a gate to a bus that is still parked in its bay with doors open regardless if there is seconds left on the departure clock is irrelevant and a pedantic labouring of a point on your part. Getting to a bay when a bus is trying to depart, banging on a door or running out on to a courtyard trying to flag a bus down when its trying to depart is the goddam point I am trying to convey. I have seen doors been closed by the station inspectors and I have seen an exchange of words between drivers and inspectors about doors been not closed when passengers trying to board a bus... wait for it... nearly there, when its trying to DEPART at its schedule time.

And NO I would not try to board a bus when the door is closed.

Once again, you have not answered what I asked you, which was, if the driver permitted you on board, and the express bus was still at the gate parking area, beyond the scheduled departure, would you accept, if your alternative for not taking the express bus, meant taking the buses that go through the other towns, about which you complain endlessly, or waiting another hour for the next express service?

I ask this in relation to you criticising other passengers you said were late, even though they get the bus before it has left the gate parking area.

I asked you this in relation to your complaint that they are holding up the bus from leaving at the scheduled time.

What has boxology got to do with the issue being discussed?

• Advertisement

Anyone have any further news on the proposed changes to the 109? we badly need these extra expresses. Gone past the 90 minute mark now and not even at Tara yet, I appreciate the time of year but phibs to blanch is a major problem. Any informed contributors like lxflyer have any inside info?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

Anyone know the name of the company that runs the extra 6AM express from Cavan? Left something on the bus this morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

crank_1975 wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the company that runs the extra 6AM express from Cavan? Left something on the bus this morning :mad:

Why not ring Bus Eireann. They will tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Does anyone know what type of service is operating next week? I'm working right up to the 23rd and need to be in Dublin at a reasonable time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,573 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Christmas arrangements are here:

http://www.buseireann.ie/news_timetable.php?id=1925&month=Dec

Normal service until December 23rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Commuter109

No show by the 7.05 again this morning by the looks of it. Jokeshop

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

so st stephens day looks like this.

Dublin/Kells 1000 1200 1300 1500 1700 1800 (Table 109)
    Kells/Dublin 1000 1100 1200 1500 1600 1700

and the 109N will run on sunday night , not saturday , I'm guessing its as per usual, 00:30 and 03.30

malene wrote: »
    and the 109N will run on sunday night , not saturday , I'm guessing its as per usual, 00:30 and 03.30

Perhaps ring Bus Éireann to confirm if there will be a 109N on Sunday night 27th December / Monday morning 28th December, just in case, because usually on Bank Holiday weekends, they just run the normal Sunday timetable on the Sunday and Monday. Another example is if St Patrick's Day is on a Sunday, they still just run the Sunday timetable that night and don't put on any 109N Nightrider services.

I'm just wondering, when it says the 109N is running on Sunday 27th December, at 12.30am and 3.30am, are they referring to Sunday night 27th December / Monday morning 28th December, or are they referring to Saturday night 26th December / Sunday morning 27th December?

The travel arrangements state that all nightrider services are cancelled on St Stephen's Day. Is it referring to Friday night 25th December / Saturday morning 26th December, or Saturday night 26th December /Sunday morning 27th December?

(For example it states that on Sunday 27th December, the 1am, 3am and 5am services to and from Dublin and Belfast are cancelled. Unless I am wrong, I read that to mean Saturday night 26th December / Sunday morning 27th December, rather than Sunday night 27th December / Monday morning 28th December.)

The Christmas travel arrangements also state that on Monday 28th December, the normal Sunday timetable will be operated. Usually on bank holiday weekends, they don't put on any nightrider services on the Sunday night, and on the bank holiday Monday, they operate the Sunday timetable.

http://www.buseireann.ie/news_timetable.php?id=1925&month=Dec#Monday,_28_December_2015_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Well there are no services on Christmas day including the NightRider services on the morning of the 26th as these are considered to be for Christmas day, just as the NightRider buses on the morning of the 27th are Stephens day services!

Therefore when they say NightRider services cancelled for Stephens day they mean the morning of the 27th!

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Well there are no services on Christmas day including the NightRider services on the morning of the 26th as these are considered to be for Christmas day, just as the NightRider buses on the morning of the 27th are Stephens day services!

Therefore when they say NightRider services cancelled for Stephens day they mean the morning of the 27th!

I contacted Bus Éireann to confirm, and I was informed that the 109N is running on Saturday night 26th December / Sunday morning 27th December at 12.30am and 3.30am.

I was told the 109N is not running on Sunday night 27th December / Monday morning 28th December.

This is what I thought would be the case, that when Bus Éireann said it is running the 109N on Sunday 27th December, that it is referring to Sunday morning 27th December at 12.30am and 3.30am, and not Sunday night / Monday morning.

they should do it on the sunday nights as well on all major bank holidays, the 109N

they should do it on the sunday nights as well on all major bank holidays, the 109N

Perhaps ring them to double check, but I was told that the arrangements for 27th December are reffering to the 109N operating on Saturday night / Sunday morning and not Sunday night.

new years eve/ day. just double checking, I can celebrate new years eve in dublin tomorrow night and then get the 109N link on friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just wondering, on the 109a the timetable shows 30 minutes between Ashbourne and Dublin airport. I think the distance is about 15km. Why does it take so long, is there a stop every kilometre or something?

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just wondering, on the 109a the timetable shows 30 minutes between Ashbourne and Dublin airport. I think the distance is about 15km. Why does it take so long, is there a stop every kilometre or something?

There's probably some wriggle room in that schedule - if you look at the other direction, you'll see that the bus departs the Airport at xx:20 (the same time it arrives) for the return journey via DCU.

Distance is about 18km.

new years eve/ day. just double checking, I can celebrate new years eve in dublin tomorrow night and then get the 109N link on friday morning.

I rang Bus Éireann about whether or not a different service was operating tomorrow.

I also asked about the 109N and I was told that there are no 109N services operating tonight, New Year's Eve / New Years Day morning.

Maybe ring them to double check. On the Christmas arrangements list, it also states that the 109 services tonight from Bus Aras to Cavan/Navan/Kells at 9.30pm, 10.30pm and 11.30pm are cancelled.

http://www.buseireann.ie/news_timetable.php?id=1925&month=Dec#Thursday,_31_December_2015_0

The last service to Navan tonight is the midnight number 30 bus to Donegal from the Store Street side of Bus Aras.

The Christmas arrangements list is quite confusing, because for the 1st January it states that the three nightrider services are operating as additional services, so when I first read that I wondered did it mean tonight Thursday 31st December / Friday 1st January at 12.30am and 3.30am, or does it mean tomorrow night, Friday night 1st January / Saturday morning 2nd January.

http://www.buseireann.ie/news_timetable.php?id=1925&month=Dec#New_Year’s_Day,_1_January_2016_

But I guess - since the arrangements state that it is the Sunday timetable that it being operated tomorrow, Friday 1st January, with numerous exceptions - that when it states that the three nightrider services are operating as additional services, I think that means that the three nightrider services; 109N, 101N and 126N, are operating tomorrow night Friday 1st January / Saturday morning 2nd January.

I asked about the 109N and I was told the 109N is not operating tonight New Years Eve night / New Years Day morning.

I presume a normal service will resume tomorrow. I've had a look on BE's website and can't see any notices saying otherwise.

An item on Northern Sound's news section regarding the Cavan Dublin Bus Éireann service:

http://www.northernsound.ie/news/bus-eireann-planning-to-increase-the-level-of-services-from-cavan-to-dublin/

Excellent news. A big improvement is needed!

I'd imagine these will be implemented at the same time as the planned N2 corridor changes.

lxflyer wrote: »
    I'd imagine these will be implemented at the same time as the planned N2 corridor changes.

They couldn't come sooner I am at the last of my tether with the journey times at peak time. Between this morning and this evening. 3.75 hours have been spent commuting. Seriously considering a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Anything that helps lower the travelling time from Cavan to Dublin is very welcome by me. A 2 and a half hour journey time from Dublin to Virginia is rediculous.

I guessing that, in its reply to Brendan Smith TD, Fianna Fáil, that Bus Éireann hasn't indicated to him any specific details as to the decisions it is taking regarding the proposed timetable changes it listed last year.

I guess Bus Éireann hasn't been any more specific to Brendan Smith, as to which of last year's proposed options, it will implement?

http://www.meath.ie/media/Media,59939,en.pdf

The Northern Sound news item was not specific as to the changes that are proposed to come into effect early this year.

I'm just wondering, that if Bus Éireann cuts out Navan and Dunshaughlin on its Cavan services as indicated in its proposals published last year, how sure would it be of getting enough people using each bus throughout the day, from Cavan, Virginia and Kells, to make avoiding Navan and Dunshaughlin worthwhile?

If Bus Éireann runs express 109 services every 20 minutes throughout the whole day starting from Navan, only stopping in Dublin, would there be enough people at Navan going to Dublin throughout the whole day to merit such a regular service, without stopping in Dunshaughlin?

There could be an issue - for anyone from Cavan and Virgina on the 109 looking to go to Navan, Dunshaughlin or Dublin Airport - with conveniently connecting with the 109A in Kells and hoping both buses are not delayed.

The 109s from Cavan are currently scheduled to leave Kells at 45 minutes past the hour, while the 109As start in Kells at 10 to the hour.

(Often the 109, I guess due to traffic, can be 5-10 minutes later than scheduled, arriving at Kells and Navan.)

• Advertisement

I guessing that, in its reply to Brendan Smith TD, Fianna Fáil, that Bus Éireann hasn't indicated to him any specific details as to the proposed timetable changes.

I guess Bus Éireann hasn't been any more specific to Brendan Smith, as to which of last year's proposed options, it will implement?

http://www.meath.ie/media/Media,59939,en.pdf

The Northern Sound news item was not specific as to the changes that are proposed to come into effect early this year.

I'm just wondering, that if Bus Éireann cuts out Navan and Dunshaughlin on its Cavan services as indicated in its proposals published last year, how sure would it be of getting enough people using each bus throughout the day, from Cavan, Virginia and Kells, to make avoiding Navan and Dunshaughlin worthwhile?

There could be an issue - for anyone from Cavan and Virgina on the 109 looking to go to Navan, Dunshaughlin or Dublin Airport - with conveniently connecting with the 109A in Kells and hoping both buses are not delayed.

The 109s from Cavan are currently scheduled to leave Kells at 45 minutes past the hour, while the 109As start in Kells at 10 to the hour.

(Often the 109, I guess due to traffic, can be 5-10 minutes later than scheduled, arriving at Kells and Navan.)

Until we see the final proposals for the revised routes and more specifically the timetables no one can comment on that - it's pointless otherwise.

Advertisement