Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Varik wrote: »
    Is anyone up for playing on one of those crazy 1750 ticket Operation metro servers? It's great for anyone looking to level up or unlock weapons. Myself and Klair are on it most nights and would be good to have a few more BIE lads on it

How long are those games likely to last.

Just seeing that severs are being updated from 8am to 4pm so playing then you'll likely get kicked from games a lot.
    They last about 60mins and it's very high tempo compared to the usual conquest matches we'd play. I usually join half way through but i see the top 3 people on each team easily get 100+ kills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

They last about 60mins and it's very high tempo compared to the usual conquest matches we'd play. I usually join half way through but i see the top 3 people on each team easily get 100+ kills

Is there an easy way to find such a server ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Hygro wrote: »
    can anyone tell me why someone would kick another person (i.e. me) from a game. I wasn't camping or doing anything, though at the start the message said no usos or something, which I didn't understand.

I spent the majority of the game as a gunner on either a jeep or tank, next thing I know I'm booted. :mad:

If you're killing Admins a lot, then you'll probably be kicked. They don't like it when you kill them in their own server.

The message at the start probably said no USAS. A lot of servers now are stipulating what weapons you can/can't use. This against EAs terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

aaronh007 wrote: »
    If you're killing Admins a lot, then you'll probably be kicked. They don't like it when you kill them in their own server.

The message at the start probably said no USAS. A lot of servers now are stipulating what weapons you can/can't use. This against EAs terms.

I think that only applies to ranked games, but most of them are in any chase.

I think that only applies to ranked games, but most of them are in any chase.

I've yet to see a public unranked server... they're all ranked or private matches.

• Advertisement

mixednuts wrote: »

Is there an easy way to find such a server ?
    Go into server browser then server filter (R3) and tick the box for CQ and only tick the box for Op Metro and untick the rest of the maps then save and refresh and scroll through until you see a server with 24/7 op metro or 1750 tickets metro etc etc and once you play one of those once then you access it again another time by going to 'history' in the server browser. It's the most action you'll ever have in a bf3 match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Hygro wrote: »
    can anyone tell me why someone would kick another person (i.e. me) from a game. I wasn't camping or doing anything, though at the start the message said no usos or something, which I didn't understand.

I spent the majority of the game as a gunner on either a jeep or tank, next thing I know I'm booted. :mad:

it happened me quite a few times, i think the admin is a loser is each occasion. I guess you really have to find reliable servers. The rules consist of a banner at the start of the game so if you see anything at all leave and find another server. Its not worth your while getting kicked or banned. Then whatever servers you had a good game add them to your favourite list.

I found a good dutch server. It plays operation metro, good for ranking up. I was coming first overall until the last 400 tickets where I just got unlucky and very tired ended up 3rd on the losing team, still a good game. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/39275110/4/229559080/

I've yet to see a public unranked server... they're all ranked or private matches.

Yep, what's the point of abusing admin powers if you're not profiting from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Loving the rent a servers, 1750 CQ Metro is all I'm playing. Myself and Comeragh have been ripping it up,PTFO style!! I got 159 kills last night! 1h 39mins of pure non stop action, thinking of renting my own server for 24/7 max tickets metro!! Been reading through this thread and for the record, MAV road killing is for n00bs. Best thing dice did with this patch was stop it, although I feel that any kills with the MAV should have been wiped out as it is talentless, skill-less cheating. Sitting in your spawn, untouchable, mowing down enemies is by far the worst thing about this game. I have been on amazing kill streaks only to be ended by a noob MAV camping. It is unfair to players like me who never used the MAV and to players that play objectively. Some may argue it spots enemies for team mates, but when the user is 35-0 and the top player on the other team it destroys any skill/ talent needed to beat a team and win the game. Good riddance.

good post klair88. I got killed by an idiot using the MAV yesterday and was pretty pissed off. There are still lots of people who don't know how to play the game. It should be about running in small groups to key locations on the map and forgetting things like MAV.

Just one question, does anyone have problems with the controls with battlefield ? When I engage an enemy I am forever getting up from a prone position or in the process of moving back down and thus getting shot. I find it very hard to move around while engaging an enemy without triggering get down/get back up. I still use default for the button selection ( right analogy stick).

Also on a 1 against 1 where the enemy and I see each other at the exact same time I always come off worst. I do aim for head shots but by the time i correct the aim its too late, any ideas ?

• Advertisement

aindriu80 wrote: »
    good post klair88. I got killed by an idiot using the MAV yesterday and was pretty pissed off. There are still lots of people who don't know how to play the game. It should be about running in small groups to key locations on the map and forgetting things like MAV.

Just one question, does anyone have problems with the controls with battlefield ? When I engage an enemy I am forever getting up from a prone position or in the process of moving back down and thus getting shot. I find it very hard to move around while engaging an enemy without triggering get down/get back up. I still use default for the button selection ( right analogy stick).

Also on a 1 against 1 where the enemy and I see each other at the exact same time I always come off worst. I do aim for head shots but by the time i correct the aim its too late, any ideas ?
    +1 on Klair88's post.

When people (one person in particular) preach that there w/l and k/d is so good I think two things 1: the w/l is good because you only every come online when the strongest players are online. I spent first few months playing with nothing but randomers. 2: k/d is so good because you were road killing with the Mav and not giving the enemy a chance to kill you.
    Have a look at Klairs stats, the lad has earned that K/D and SPM doesn't even blow his own trumpet.

Back to Aindrui's post, I'm having a few issues as well. Sometime's I throw a grenade by mistake when getting into prone and sometimes i come head to head against enemy and I know for a fact I've fired first shot but I'm dead quicker than a can blink. Apparently this ps3 input lag thing is still not fixed.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm not going to make this thread turn into a argument but what I will say is that yes I did try the MAV and it was fun for a while but like you I was getting abusive messages so it's not worth it and I was spotting with it.

Me sitting in a dark corner with a shotgun protecting the M-Com shouldn't be a issue, i was playing the objective by defending and it was 3v6 so what would you do?

I don't know what your problem is with me and a few other BIE lads but look at the end of the day it's just a game and i don't see why a grown man would have a unnecessary grudge against people that he doesn't even know.

How about you and Kensutz putting this stupid vendetta to one side and stop all the bitching about people behind the mics and just play the game! Yeah?

Over and out, the PTFO Whore.

I guarantee you weren't spotting with it honestly. Hence why it annoyed not just me but others when you were using it. From the very start, you'd go for kills. Sure, you spent an entire game against me doing that on Noshar Canals on the roof of the warehouse (near first set of M-Coms) while you're team were getting hammered. I just kept side stepping it though.

If I'm not pulling my weight, I'd expect someone to tell me off. Me, Ken and Aaron have commented on each other on this too when need be.

Also, I'm fascinated as to how Skype chat conversations get back to you. Enlighten me :) Unlike Twitter where you just followed my posts, someone is reporting back to you :pac:

PTFO? That'd involved helping taking out air support, tanks, acting as a spawn point, intelligent use of the defibrillator surely? Serious question.

Klair88 wrote: »
    Loving the rent a servers, 1750 CQ Metro is all I'm playing. Myself and Comeragh have been ripping it up,PTFO style!! I got 159 kills last night! 1h 39mins of pure non stop action, thinking of renting my own server for 24/7 max tickets metro!! Been reading through this thread and for the record, MAV road killing is for n00bs. Best thing dice did with this patch was stop it, although I feel that any kills with the MAV should have been wiped out as it is talentless, skill-less cheating. Sitting in your spawn, untouchable, mowing down enemies is by far the worst thing about this game. I have been on amazing kill streaks only to be ended by a noob MAV camping. It is unfair to players like me who never used the MAV and to players that play objectively. Some may argue it spots enemies for team mates, but when the user is 35-0 and the top player on the other team it destroys any skill/ talent needed to beat a team and win the game. Good riddance.

I'll bite.

Noob gameplay like....

circling runways with you're jet making sure no one gets off the ground and stealing jets or choppers? :rolleyes:

Being a regular Frag Rounds or Famas abuser pre-patch? :pac:

BF3 is my first proper BF experience. I'm glad I can say I'm not a BF vet and that I didn't have to resort to such crappy things.

I progressively move up a map when MAV'ing btw. Those who have played regularly with me know how much of a help I'am in lightening up the map, likewise when Remi used it and same with Aaron. We just happen to be very good with getting road kills on top of spotting.

+1 on Klair88's post.

When people (one person in particular) preach that there w/l and k/d is so good I think two things 1: the w/l is good because you only every come online when the strongest players are online. I spent first few months playing with nothing but randomers. 2: k/d is so good because you were road killing with the Mav and not giving the enemy a chance to kill you.
    Have a look at Klairs stats, the lad has earned that K/D and SPM doesn't even blow his own trumpet.

Back to Aindrui's post, I'm having a few issues as well. Sometime's I throw a grenade by mistake when getting into prone and sometimes i come head to head against enemy and I know for a fact I've fired first shot but I'm dead quicker than a can blink. Apparently this ps3 input lag thing is still not fixed.

I love this is how all getting back to me caring about my stats. Yawn.
    So what if I care about my W/L? W/L becoming higher means we are winning more... and I find it more fun if winning! I don't get why this is so hard for people to comprehend. I play to win. Same in CoD be it pub matches or competitive matches, likewise Rainbow 6, or FIFA, etc, etc, etc. Losing might be fun for some but it isn't for me. Be it in gaming or at anything in life. Set targets, reach targets, set higher targets. I can't believe people here actually have a problem with W/L of all the stats :rolleyes:

As for K/D, I made reference while in the grand scheme of things I don't care about it so long as my W/L is going up. I would like it over 2 for the sheer fact, I'd like it over the nearest whole number. It could be the same for Youtube vids for example. I had a vid with 49K views, I wanted it near 50K for the number alone. It could be the same for a 99 view vid, I'd want 100 views. Nothing more, nothing sinister in that. Seems some people here are whispering in other people's ears and making stuff up about me. Sound.

edit - when did I ever say my stats are so good? Provide me proof of this please.

I played 3 months with Remi, just us 2 btw. So get your facts straight.

How the heck do you know how I played? I've never ever played with you. Gentle whispers I'm sure.

Actually, on reflection. I'm done with this thread. Making up lies and getting people, people I've barely played BF with at that and who are proving themselves to be hypocrites, to toe in line with x amount of lies is really a new low in my 4 years experience on boards. I don't need people defending me unlike other people on forum or anywhere else for that matter. They know what's true and what's not. Use whatever lies you want in future, as I won't be able to defend myself. Be my guest.

To the person passing on what's said on Skype. Pathetic is all I'll say :)

Aaron, Ken, Remi and co. I'll see you on the Battlefield... or Skype and Twitter :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Well thats one way to derail a thread :eek:

Double post

Anyway back to the battlefield! :)

Is it just ps3 or me that is getting this freezing after a match all the time? When it goes to that mist/fog it just freezes. And it's only happened since the patch.

+1 on Klair88's post.

I'm glad its not just me, a lot of the time there is lag in what button you press and what the game actually does. The software and the hardware side of things look like they were never put together.

There is no reason not to make the controls ultra sharp. It would mean if you are the quickest you will win. At the moment that is not the case and nothing in the game is 90 degrees. So a lot of the game you have to allow for your own shortcomings. I hope they can do something to fix it permanently in the future.

• Advertisement

aindriu80 wrote: »
    +1 on Klair88's post.

I'm glad its not just me, a lot of the time there is lag in what button you press and what the game actually does. The software and the hardware side of things look like they were never put together.

There is no reason not to make the controls ultra sharp. It would mean if you are the quickest you will win. At the moment that is not the case and nothing in the game is 90 degrees. So a lot of the game you have to allow for your own shortcomings. I hope they can do something to fix it permanently in the future.
    Apparently the only fix at the moment is to set the display to 540p and that stops the lag but the picture will be really crap. I haven't tried it but you can imagine that me and you go head to head against a player that has reduced his display to 540p then he'll have the upper hand over us even if we we press shoot before him. Although This freezing thing is my biggest gripe with the game at the moment

Apparently the only fix at the moment is to set the display to 540p and that stops the lag but the picture will be really crap. I haven't tried it but you can imagine that me and you go head to head against a player that has reduced his display to 540p then he'll have the upper hand over us even if we we press shoot before him. Although This freezing thing is my biggest gripe with the game at the moment

I wouldn't really fancy the 540p and thought 1080p was attainable on the ps3. It would not be worth it. I guess at the moment you have to take the hit on the score line. I was playing operation metro a lot lately and think the controls could be done better. They are going to release close quarters in June, they could so something with the controls. The new Vita controls look a lot better, the analogy sticks are smaller but I don't know if it is up to scratch. Having your character move around smoothly based on two analogy sticks might be too much to ask. It would make the controller ultra responsive and really enjoyable.

I had the freezing thing as well and had to shut my ps3 off. If I had it running a while i would get a freeze and would have to restart. So my advice is keep it cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

-Ade- wrote: »
    Actually, on reflection. I'm done with this thread. Making up lies and getting people, people I've barely played BF with at that and who are proving themselves to be hypocrites, to toe in line with x amount of lies is really a new low in my 4 years experience on boards. I don't need people defending me unlike other people on forum or anywhere else for that matter. They know what's true and what's not. Use whatever lies you want in future, as I won't be able to defend myself. Be my guest.

To the person passing on what's said on Skype. Pathetic is all I'll say :)

Aaron, Ken, Remi and co. I'll see you on the Battlefield... or Skype and Twitter :p
    For the record, I have no allegience to anyone on boards, not part of any clan or taking any sides in any fights.I am completely neutral. For the last 5 months I've played lone wolf or with my best mate from school, seems like you might have thought I was against you somehow. This was not the case. I wrote that post specifically not aimed at anyone, but the thousands of people who used the MAV in general! Not you, it is cleary evident in the post. I only called it as I seen it, maybe I should go back to being anonymous. I don't usually tell others my personal opinion cos it starts childish rifts like this. Ade you are a great player and so are your crew. You play to win like me and that is the kind of player I want to play with. Again I apologise if the post seemed like it was against you, but in truth it wasn't, I'll be sending you another friend request on psn because I want to play with the best, which includes all of you. So I hope you accept the request and in the future we play some great games. And also I'm a stat whore too, I care very much about my stats and ALWAYS strive to be the best. So if we both want to better our stats I think we should forget womens dilemma's among men and squad up. All of us! Children don't belong on the battlefield. We are men. What say you? What say all of you? Everyone on this thread!! Let's play to be the best!!

For the record, I have no allegience to anyone on boards, not part of any clan or taking any sides in any fights.I am completely neutral. For the last 5 months I've played lone wolf or with my best mate from school, seems like you might have thought I was against you somehow. This was not the case. I wrote that post specifically not aimed at anyone, but the thousands of people who used the MAV in general! Not you, it is cleary evident in the post. I only called it as I seen it, maybe I should go back to being anonymous. I don't usually tell others my personal opinion cos it starts childish rifts like this. Ade you are a great player and so are your crew. You play to win like me and that is the kind of player I want to play with. Again I apologise if the post seemed like it was against you, but in truth it wasn't, I'll be sending you another friend request on psn because I want to play with the best, which includes all of you. So I hope you accept the request and in the future we play some great games. And also I'm a stat whore too, I care very much about my stats and ALWAYS strive to be the best. So if we both want to better our stats I think we should forget womens dilemma's among men and squad up. All of us! Children don't belong on the battlefield. We are men. What say you? What say all of you? Everyone on this thread!! Let's play to be the best!!

I'd squad up, but EA keep kicking me :( Haven't made it to the end of a game from start to finish in over a week

I'd squad up, but EA keep kicking me :( Haven't made it to the end of a game from start to finish in over a week

Are you sure it's limited to BF.

Are you sure it's limited to BF.

Yup. Had no problem whatsoever playing GTA online, nor UC2 co-op.

Yup. Had no problem whatsoever playing GTA online, nor UC2 co-op.

I get knocked off occasionally by losing my connection to ea even while PSN stays connected but it's very rare.

Do you have all the ports open.

I get knocked off occasionally by losing my connection to ea even while PSN stays connected but it's very rare.

Do you have all the ports open.

All ports forwarded, all ports open. Don't really know why this is such an issue. Have always had a small disconnection to EA Online issue, but since the patch its almost every game. Even getting booted from my rented server on occasion. I could understand slightly if my ping were an issue, but thats never higher than 40/50 ms nowadays.

It's actually gotten so bad this past week and a bit, that I've not bothered playing proper matches. What's the point when I'm on a good score and get booted, only to have to rejoin and start from scratch again?

Is UPNP enabled, if so try disabling that as with all the ports forwarded it should not help in any case.

Disable the firewall and security setting on the router or set the PS3s IP in any DMZ option your router has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

All of us! Children don't belong on the battlefield. We are men. What say you? What say all of you? Everyone on this thread!! Let's play to be the best!!

Hooah!

Also I should be on tonight to cause all sorts of mayhem!

Advertisement