Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

thought my headset was working last night only to discover the mic was picking up awful interference from the USB adapter. Pity as i was having brilliant conversations with ye (thinking ye might be just ignoring me :) ) Was delighted to set that 2nd Mcom on 1st stage in Metro, was sick of them pinning us back and the remainder of our team spawning as snipers. pity we couldnt push on though as we mustve set that one at the end of the corridor 4 times only for it to be defused. As for Zeluz's kill count :eek::eek:

Funniest was one of you saying on kharg earlier in the night " you any good at flying johnny? ...guess we'll see"
    20 seconds later, Black Hawk Down!!

We weren't ignoring you, its that we don't speak static :P and thanks for the praise but I take almost no credit its all down to the class I'm currently using: G3A3 acog and heavy barrel with m26 mass under barrel and 93R. The range of the m26 is ridiculous and oh so effective in metro!

That black hawk down moment was classic, I heard and saw it from the ground!

Also what's this about foregrips?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

6 vs 11 for most of that. Bit ****house playing near entire match like that if I do say so myself considering the situation was fairly obvious. No point staying in game and proceeding to get worked up so gonna play FIFA instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

anyone know why iv been kicked from the COQ platoon!
    it doesn't bother me that much but a bit if common courtesy would have been nice to tell me why!

Edit- never mind, I know why know as I seen lots of tweets with the reasons why. Seems iv been booted off COQ and deleted by Kensutz etc because I sent a game invite a couple of times and that's perceived as 'spamming'. It's a invite like! You either accept or ignore it!

Some people really need to get a life if a small box on the corner of the screen is giving you stress!

Rant over! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

-Ade- wrote: »
    6 vs 11 for most of that. Bit ****house playing near entire match like that if I do say so myself considering the situation was fairly obvious. No point staying in game and proceeding to get worked up so gonna play FIFA instead.

How many of you were there at the 2nd stage, B was impossible to get to from the front but a few of us managed to seek the long way and hold the stair behind it.

On metro who was reviving me all the time, i must have been save from death like 10+.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Finding it even harder than usual to get to grips with this game since the patch, need to up my game big time:(
    Had a good laugh with Johnny during our blackhawk down moment, and last night on a few ill fated Jihadi jeep missions. Also got caught up in a ridiculous game of conquest with tok last night.
    Both teams started with 750 tickets and I'd say we'd be still bloody there if we hadn't of bailed. Trying to find someone to kill with only five guys in there team is ridiculous, mind you it would be some crack with 24 boards lads in it.
    Big bug bear at the moment is that tanks seem to be really under powered.

I've also noticed that i'm getting killed by a lot of shotgun wielding foes.I wonder are people leveling up there shotguns for the new close quarter pack thats coming out?

• Advertisement

I wasn't much good before the patch but I could aim now the recoil just seems to be totally different? Anyone else feeling the same? Might just be that I hadn't played in a few days but playing last night I was shocking :( . Just felt totally different I was getting really annoyed! Had to resort to my usual Ali Akbar suicide jeep with 6 charges of c4 straped in to get any enjoyment, sad panda :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Have to agree with you there KaG my accuracy wasn't exactly stellar to begin with but its seems to be even more off since the patch. Having issues with recoil big time. I do think if your playing very regularly though it does help some what. I haven't been on it much lately (apart from the last 2 nights) and I think it makes the game even trickier.

I suggest that Aaron, Tok and Ade establish an Al Qaeda type training camp:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

McMafia77 wrote: »

On a more serious note, my aim has been poor enough recently.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

As I have in the past and you's today have eluded to, my aim has gone down the crapper tbf. The recoil on a lot of guns now make it near on impossible to put a decent streak together and really advance forward unless in a squad. The top 3 guns for me in the link below, I'm finding all of them very difficult to use tbf which is very frustrating as they were never considered overpowered whatosever nor the most popular gun in the class. I've seen more PKP users than RPK and possibly M27, latter is a toss of a coin to be fair.

Dice have ****ed up IMHO I can see no, though not as much as I'd like this week admittedly. Just on the gun front, only 2/3 things needed patching - Frag Rounds, slower rate of fire on auto shotguns and Famas needed more recoil. The sorted all 3 out but than ruined so many others. Games are far tighter than they were before. I like a good close game, don't get me wrong but I play pubs and steamrollering teams, same as it was in CoD as a couple of the CoD lads would tell ya. If I want regular competitive match, I'll get on the competitive gaming scene (I was for 5 years for CoD, and a couple of years with R6). At present it feels single fire is the only real option atm, if not a shotgun or sniper. I love a challenge but as a noob to the BF series.

Patching the MAV disappointed me greatly but this tweaking of guns on a wide scale is disappointing.

On a positive note, I hit 2.50 W/L last night which I'm chuffed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Had a good laugh with Johnny during our blackhawk down moment, and last night on a few ill fated Jihadi jeep missions.
    :D Both of us looking around for tanks to explode and straight over a mine. was pissing myself laughing at it
    I've also noticed that i'm getting killed by a lot of shotgun wielding foes.I wonder are people leveling up there shotguns for the new close quarter pack thats coming out?

Only unlocked the saiga last night myself. remember now why i used it in BC. Good point on the levelling up. think ill get it up to a useful level and then return to assault rifles.

Even with only buckshot atm, i can see why people have depended on the USAS. Having been on the receiving end for so long it does feel fairly cheap as i know its the gun rather than my aim. I had put it down to being slow off the draw in a one on one, but no, (from using the saiga so far) basically if you have an auto shotgun vs other guns, u'll win or take them down with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I think the patch is more of a tweak than a fix. Since the patch my ps3 crashed on 4 occasions that I can remember, something I would expect from a PC but not a PS3. I didn't notice any real difference in the game to be honest but hopefully it will help players to play better.

I did get a server last night called de faw_41 with a few members from boards.ie. The game was heavily one sided but there was like 600 tickets (the most i played with was 200) and plenty of access to tanks so I had a great game. The renting of servers is a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Have to agree with a lot of what's being said here as regards DICE making a balls of the patch. If you're playing Assault and having issues with recoil or your favourite gun has been neutered then I simply cannot recommend the G3A3 (on single fire) any more. It would also seem that they've given the m26 mass shotgun a slightly better range so be sure to equip that too. They've also ####ed up the tanks IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I really wished some others could have been there for myself and Spuds C4 runs on tanks during a Caspian game. Spud loaded up the jeep, he jumped out when I told him too and when I got close to the tank, signaled for the C4 to blow up and we killed about 4/5 tanks I think doing that... the jeep remained undamaged due to the fact I was in it.

Quality :D

On the subject of training camps... I'm looking into renting a server for a day/night, maybe two depending on how it goes, where basically it'll be unranked games and allow people to mess about and try their hand at flying jets and choppers, checking best routes for maps, jihad jeeps, jihad choppers, shooting range for sniping etc etc...

If my internet allows it, Saturday (tomorrow) and Sunday will be the days/nights I'll be looking at doing it. The server will be private but all boardsies I have added, or have added me will be listed as VIPs for it (if I can remember how to :o), so ye should all be able to get in at some point.

sounds like a good idea, whats the difference between ranked and unranked ? does your sore not go up ? I find the jets and helicopters tough. Everything else is ok. I have yet to get a a kill in a jet and get regularly shot down in the heli

Unranked basically means it doesn't affect any of your scores. So, if you wanted to take a jet for a few spins and you die countless times, it doesn't matter. That's one of the reasons I'd like to make it unranked. That way, say if you're taking part in a sniper shooting range, you wouldn't care if you died.

I mainly want to to do it to improve my heli flying. I'd like to see what the limits of its, and my flying capabilities are. If it were a ranked match, I'd be taking a lot less risks so I don't crash and die. Unranked, "I wonder if I can go straight down, pull up at the last second and fly underneath that roadsign" :D

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Unranked basically means it doesn't affect any of your scores. So, if you wanted to take a jet for a few spins and you die countless times, it doesn't matter. That's one of the reasons I'd like to make it unranked. That way, say if you're taking part in a sniper shooting range, you wouldn't care if you died.

I mainly want to to do it to improve my heli flying. I'd like to see what the limits of its, and my flying capabilities are. If it were a ranked match, I'd be taking a lot less risks so I don't crash and die. Unranked, "I wonder if I can go straight down, pull up at the last second and fly underneath that roadsign" :D

I think private games can't be ranked in any case, and EA have already banned a few people from renting after setting their own rules on ranked game such as kicking player who use a certain weapon or class.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

If I get stuck on the enemy team one more time I'm gonna put my foot through the screen...

Saruwatari wrote: »
    If I get stuck on the enemy team one more time I'm gonna put my foot through the screen...

You know you can swap over??

Trying to rent a server atm, but can't add funds to my wallet :rolleyes:

Anyone that wants to pi$$ around on a server, add my other account: uk-genisis87 . Delete that then tomorrow or so...

Can't even join my own server :rolleyes:

EDIT - Ok, I've set one up under the name uk-genisis87s Server

password is: di3s3l

EDITEDIT - Says server host could not be found... anyone any idea on how to fix this lump of crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

im liking the new rent a server but was in a 1750 ticket metro conquest match with Klair88 and it was pure madness. the first match last 79mins with the top player getting over 100 kills :eek:

after that it went to another and after half an hour the other team still had 700 tickets so I gave up and looks like iv lost all the points after 31 kills and 11000pts :(

iv some money on my psn so i don't mind renting a server next time and let ye work away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

How do you find a server? Can i type it in somewhere?

• Advertisement

is anyone else having problems with battlefield 3 freezing. It happens me regularly. It puts a good score to waste. I got the patch, re-downloaded back to karkand and redone the hard disk like someone suggested. Why would it freeze in the middle of a game ?

I got banned from a server yesterday for taking 2 little birds down. I was supposed to fly in the helicopter but decided to wait till it re spawned. Then a little bird came over to our heli spawn point. I got it in one shot (4 guys on the heli). Then the exact same thing happened again and I shot it down. I got banned, I couldn't believe it. It was legit, what do you think ??

Played with friendly fire last night and it was a chore. I had to leave the game, some settings are better than others :)

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I got banned from a server yesterday for taking 2 little birds down. I was supposed to fly in the helicopter but decided to wait till it re spawned. Then a little bird came over to our heli spawn point. I got it in one shot (4 guys on the heli). Then the exact same thing happened again and I shot it down. I got banned, I couldn't believe it. It was legit, what do you think ??

Was it a ranked game?

What do you mean you were supposed to wait.

Varik wrote: »
    Was it a ranked game?

What do you mean you were supposed to wait.

Im not sure but someone rented out the server so i guess you could call it private.

Im not sure but someone rented out the server so i guess you could call it private.

It being rented does not make it private, having to enter a password or such would make it private.

If it was private or public and unranked then they can do what they like but if you look over your game history and see it was ranked then they can't enforce or ban for anything that EA does not do itself.

It being rented does not make it private, having to enter a password or such would make it private.

well he must have been a very bad loser. I got kicked from the same server before when I threw a grenade at a load of anti tank mines where our attack heli spawned. No one got hurt and no damage to vehicles. It just cleared the anti tank mines.
    I sent a pm to the server owner explaining it to him. He just said "spawn killer" on the message. I was really pissed, battlefield still gives you the points but there are no rules about it.

well he must have been a very bad loser. I got kicked from the same server before when I threw a grenade at a load of anti tank mines where our attack heli spawned. No one got hurt and no damage to vehicles. It just cleared the anti tank mines.
    I sent a pm to the server owner explaining it to him. He just said "spawn killer" on the message. I was really pissed, battlefield still gives you the points but there are no rules about it.

Did you see if it was ranked, if it was and your bother or pissed enough report him.

You're going to find people setting games up like that and while it easy to just move on and avoid him if it's ranked then others are going to be getting unfairly banned by him.

Did you see if it was ranked.

I tried looking it up and cant find it. faw_41 was the name of the server and no servers come back :S

I tried looking it up and cant find it. faw_41 was the name of the server and no servers come back :S

It may not be there any more, could you find it on battlelog on your recent games.

Probably not much point in taking it future the guy may never rant a sever again or mess with people.

It may not be there any more, could you find it on battlelog on your recent games.

Probably not much point in taking it future the guy may never rant a sever again or mess with people.

battlefield log doesn't go back far enough. i will have to leave it

• Advertisement

Get it while its hot... my server is online :D

If ye wanna join me, just jump on in

Advertisement