Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

without looking through the list of updates it feels like they have increased the time or field of suppression also *potters off to check*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ah i know ive done it so at least ill weigh up the revive on whether it benefits the team goals rather than rushing in like Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman

They need to put a timer of sorts on the health icon on the dead body. That way, at least you know you have a certain amount of time to clear the area and eliminate any threats before attempting a revive.

It would also save you time from attempting to run to revive someone only for their body to disappear :/

thats a good idea alright, even a faded decreasing bar under their name would do it. the amount of times ive gone up to someone and nothing, only to get blown away while standing there
    Was about to spawn on Comeraghblue yesterday on Canals while he was standing over my past self only for him to be killed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Lads, one thing that annoys me is getting invited 101 times while in the middle of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

My god that took half the bloody day to download the update and then re-download back to karkand:mad: , will give this game another chance over the next few days but i just hope that USAS12 got it's nads cut off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

aaronh007 wrote: »
    People were complaining that it was too hard to get the ribbon. It was changed so that it is now get 4 suppression assists you get the ribbon instead of the 7 assists you needed before.

Surprised with that, never thought it was too hard to get.

tok9 wrote: »
    Surprised with that, never thought it was too hard to get.

Some folk'll complain about anything :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I had to download the patch twice as the ps3 froze with only 8% remaining. I re downloaded back to karkand twice now as it kept crashing. I hope that will be that.

The only real difference I noticed was that you can exit the game after you play a game. It was very annoying having to wait till you got to the deploy screen to exit.

I would think about buying the air package as I am completely crap at flying jets. Other than that I wouldn't spend a cent.

Tank vs tank is pretty frustrating as it usually takes 3 or 4 rounds to destroy it. They could have done something with where you put your round (in between the turret and main body) to destroy it in 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Tank vs Tank seem to get a kill faster than before.

Have all the jet stuff but would like the attack helicopter, not far off so no point in wasting money at least for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

I was killed with 1 shot from another tank yesterday so the armour has definitely been decreased in tank v tank battles. I never normally pilot helis as I've been next to useless with them in every Battlefield so far but now that you can enter an empty game and practice I might give them a go and maybe buy the unlocks :P

Also here's a detailed list of the changes: http://bf3blog.com/2012/03/battlefield-3-patch-coming-march-27-on-the-ps3/

• Advertisement

I'd like to know why in the last game I was in I had the M27 IAR, a SMAW and defibs as part of my loadout...

One thing that still bugs me is whenever I engage an enemy quickly I either go into the prone position or when prone get up and in the process get shot. Its a bit like hitting the knife button instead of shooting, very frustrating.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Did everyone else freeze on that last game (CQ on Gulf of Oman)? ****ing could have won that! 10-41 at the time I froze. Would have been one hell of a comeback.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    One thing that still bugs me is whenever I engage an enemy quickly I either go into the prone position or when prone get up and in the process get shot. Its a bit like hitting the knife button instead of shooting, very frustrating.

Out of curiosity, what's your PSN? Username isn't familiar is all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

-Ade- wrote: »
    Did everyone else freeze on that last game (CQ on Gulf of Oman)? ****ing could have won that! 10-41 at the time I froze. Would have been one hell of a comeback.

no but it froze after it. First game for me since the patch. Didn't go particularly well :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Had a disaster of a first game but it got a little better after that, and I managed to get the m-com ribbons out of the way:D.

yes its aindriu80 :D you on the boards platoon ? some people use the battlefield battlelog

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

tok9 wrote: »

no but it froze after it. First game for me since the patch. Didn't go particularly well :o

It froze for me at very the end of the match just as it goes to the scores and ribbons. It also happened earlier this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

anyone on now??

gazzamc wrote: »
    anyone on now??
    I'll be on at 11 so I hope there's still a few on then

• Advertisement

im on

thought my headset was working last night only to discover the mic was picking up awful interference from the USB adapter. Pity as i was having brilliant conversations with ye (thinking ye might be just ignoring me :) ) Was delighted to set that 2nd Mcom on 1st stage in Metro, was sick of them pinning us back and the remainder of our team spawning as snipers. pity we couldnt push on though as we mustve set that one at the end of the corridor 4 times only for it to be defused. As for Zeluz's kill count :eek::eek:

Funniest was one of you saying on kharg earlier in the night " you any good at flying johnny? ...guess we'll see"
    20 seconds later, Black Hawk Down!!

Just only copped onto the fact about the foregrip, post patch -_- It's on all my classes bar the sniper rifles set ups afaik. Have to get rid of it now for the most part it seems. No wonder the PP2000 was the only gun I could do well with yesterday!

I miss *MY* MAV too and the abusive messages that followed. Will be getting withdrawal symptoms soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Played a few rounds here and there last night. Wasn't in any form to play any longer and yet getting bombarded with more invites.

is anyone else getting freezing ? It happened me twice today, while i was playing conquest,what a waste of a good score.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

aindriu80 wrote: »
    is anyone else getting freezing ? It happened me twice today, while i was playing conquest,what a waste of a good score.

Works fine for me ... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyOAs8a-pGY

you can listen to that while your playing conquest, nice :) but seriously I thought the patch would fix everything not freeze the game.

If bf3 is freezing then follow these instructions and rebuild the database, it'll stop the freezing apparently

Details here - http://bit.ly/eMAQWT

Just only copped onto the fact about the foregrip, post patch -_- It's on all my classes bar the sniper rifles set ups afaik. Have to get rid of it now for the most part it seems. No wonder the PP2000 was the only gun I could do well with yesterday!

I miss *MY* MAV too and the abusive messages that followed. Will be getting withdrawal symptoms soon enough!
    The foregrip will work the same as before if you equip your weapon with the heavy barrell

Apparently you can still MAV ride but it's slightly harder and anyone caught by Dice or EA will have there stats wiped according to the Dice Devs

• Advertisement

If bf3 is freezing then follow these instructions and rebuild the database, it'll stop the freezing apparently

Details here - http://bit.ly/eMAQWT

I performed the rebuild, I have to wait and see. It said that you will lose all messages which is something I did not expect. Hopefully it will solve my battlefield problems :)

***edit just crashed again, this time after i completed a round :(

Advertisement