Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Might well be a while before I'm up and running again. Twice now I've gotten to just beyond 40% before it quit on me :( Even with my current 5mbs it says it'll take more than 3 hours to d/l

Any particular reason people are leaving the clan?

Frustration more than anything. There's a core group of us that play regularly enough (pretty much nightly), with mics, and when there are other boardsies online, they don't play with us. Of course it's their right not to if they don't want to, but why go through the trouble of applying to boards platoon and sending a friend request on PSN when you're not going to bother playing with fellow boards players?

I do recognise the fact that more often than not squads are full, but I, and I'm sure others would have no problem backing out of a squad so someone else can join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

€40 to unlock every thing in the game.

Tanks feel so much weaker against each other.

Turning off AA makes the game a bit more responsive but it looks like ****, people are complaining that it puts those that don't want the game they paid for and expect to look good at a disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Crap. Got to 85% of the update and my router froze and needed the old turn off turn on. You'd think it would resume where it left off? No, start again from 0.:mad:

Edit: Ah ffs, B2K is another 1.3 Gigs.

I hate this idea of letting people pay to get all the unlocks. They did it with BC2 aswell but there wasn't nearly as much to be unlocked in that, I had everything unlocked by the time the option was available.

Did Sharqi Peninsula have a helicopter on rush before?

If not then **** you Dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

1gb patch....fml, do I have to download b2k again as well? (Only downloaded it once).
    Can't say I'm surprised about the paid for unlocks, they did that with bfbc2, I am surprised that they took so long to do it though and the prices are way higher than in bfbc2.

Also I just love how ridiculous the dl times are for me. On 20mbps upc it should take just under a minute, the speed test app on my phone says I'm actually getting just above 10mbps so it should therefore take around 2 minutes and yet my ps3 says nah bro your mad its gonna take 80 minutes! Wtf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Played two games and so far so good although it froze on me for the first time in months so I hope that's not a sign of things to come. Sorry Varik but when I froze I just switched off as only came on for a quick couple of games

Back on at about 8:30 hope to see all the COQ lads on :)

Also I just love how ridiculous the dl times are for me. On 20mbps upc it should take just under a minute, the speed test app on my phone says I'm actually getting just above 10mbps so it should therefore take around 2 minutes and yet my ps3 says nah bro your mad its gonna take 80 minutes! Wtf!

Happened to myself and Ken as well, although he was getting 230 minutes and I was getting near 300 :o I told him what I did myself, to reset the router, and it knocked down the time for his almost tenfold. Mine ended up taking about 40 minutes

Sorry Varik but when I froze I just switched off as only came on for a quick couple of games

Didn't notice, was too busy raging at heat seekers seeming to be instant kill for everyone else and unable to lock on to anything for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ha, I may not be on tonight due to this patch.. Just started downloading there and just before I went away to watch the end of the match it said 125 minutes! Hoping that was an exaggeration.

Great to hear you can quit between rounds.

tok9 wrote: »
    Great to hear you can quit between rounds.

Sweeeeeeet, this was needed. The re download of b2k though is some kick in the nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just back to my tv and see the download is now installing... 45% as i type! I'll be on for one :)

Edit: Or not! Downloading back to Karkand again now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

am I right in saying you can't host a private game in bf3?, it'd be nice to explore the maps without fear of a bullet in the skull...as I'm a newbie.

Hygro wrote: »
    am I right in saying you can't host a private game in bf3?, it'd be nice to explore the maps without fear of a bullet in the skull...as I'm a newbie.

You can rent servers for €1.49 a day

Tried tonight so I can piss about with a helicopter but couldn't get one. I've a feeling I have to have the correct amount in my PS Store wallet before I can rent one as I've only €0.22 at the moment.

On the subject of the patch, a lot of weapons feel different now. Found myself cycling through them to find one I'm comfortable with again. Also, funk you Dice for giving the attackers a tank on phase 2 of grand bazaar rush :mad:

As far as I know yes. Join games with hardly anyone in them is ur best bet.

On a side note lads I just downloaded all 1.3gb of b2k in under 10 mins in background and the patch of 1gb took 1 and half hours. So downloading patchs in game is not just annoying but ridiculously slow also.

And on the subject of the patch.....a lot of head scratching of what guns to use, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

A list of fixes in the patch that weren't announced http://t.co/wO3AWMIB

Good games tonight lads, we came up against some very tough teams at the start. The m16a3 seems to have been nerfed
    that's for sure. Went back to the l85a2 and that seems to have improved and was getting a lot more kills than I did with m16a3.

Jeeps with horns didn't work on some maps for me (press L1) and using weapons in vehicles and aircraft was very glitchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Frustration more than anything. .....

....I do recognise the fact that more often than not squads are full, but I, and I'm sure others would have no problem backing out of a squad so someone else can join in.

Understandable alright. IIRC there are about 100 members and id say ive only played with about 10 max on any type of regular basis. That being said, usually the games are usually full cos we are all on around the same so its either wait for a spot to open up or just work away yourself.
    Good games tonight lads, we came up against some very tough teams at the start.

I spawned in on my first game with the defending team on Kharg, they seemed really well organised. Enjoyed the games that followed, was beaming with my top of the pile result at the end (albeit with a below 1 kdr :o )

Spotted all the purchasable unlocks in the store last night. Typical EA pandering to those who prefer a quick fix rather than earn their way :mad:. They shouldve left vehicles out of it though. I had to constantly load specific maps last week and practise to earn the jet unlocks. Some people may have found this easy, some hard but at least everyone up to now has earned them through skill/luck or otherwise. Now, until I unlock everything 'fairly', ill be at a disadvantage against lesser pilots who will have air radar, beam scanning, ECM. Some might argue though that this should drive you on more and is still dependant on their flying skill.

The other issue is that with everyone being able to buy rocket pockets and guided missiles, it will ruin games where air support is available. You would meet a good pilot every so often who dominated a game and caused you to think of ways to take them down but now anyone can do so (esp with tanks having even less armour)

I had to constantly load specific maps last week and practise to earn the jet unlocks. Some people may have found this easy, some hard but at least everyone up to now has earned them through skill/luck or otherwise. Now, until I unlock everything 'fairly', ill be at a disadvantage against lesser pilots who will have air radar, beam scanning, ECM. Some might argue though that this should drive you on more and is still dependant on their flying skill.

The other issue is that with everyone being able to buy rocket pockets and guided missiles, it will ruin games where air support is available. You would meet a good pilot every so often who dominated a game and caused you to think of ways to take them down but now anyone can do so (esp with tanks having even less armour)

Have all the jet unlocks and i'm trying now for the attach helicopter, i don't seem to ever get into a game where my team have some decent jet pilots to keep the enemy jets off a bit.

Anti-air missiles are far better now with a much faster lock on speed but do have very short lock range, i can see individual players in helicopters and still not get a lock.

• Site Banned Posts: 44 Pegasus Galactica

unbelievable game.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Overall, it's a good patch. Bemused by a few things though.

Disappointed that a couple of the guns have been so horribly nerfed - M27, RPK and M16A3. IMHO only frag rounds and Famas needed nerfing. The two support weapons being 2nd and 3rd on my top used guns. Eventually had to give them up for a PDW which left me at a real disadvantage in a good few maps/situations last night.

Also I don't know if it was a glitch or not, but on playing Conquest on Caspian Border in the jet for the entire game. Using heat seeker missiles as I usually do on Caspian Border, there were many a time I should have had an easy kill. But for whatever reason I didn't. I I'd lock onto a jet. Fire both missiles , on track for the enemy jet as it does. Hits their jet .... but it doesn't register :confused: Yer man flew around like a newbie pilot though, that was emphasized by the fact he was dumping his flares after the head seekers should have hit him. Am I missing something here? It was only for this round too. Surely must have been a glitch? Eventually got him a few times with the machine gun. Nonetheless it was very annoying.

As for the matches overall, mostly good they were alright. My aim was gone by the last few games though as I noted on Skype. Metro was some match. Can't believe we got through the first area and the amount of times we planted at the 2nd M-Com in the last area.

I've not been the right frame of mind over the last few days as some of the lads know with IRL stuff weighing on top of me, hence why not commenting in this thread nor no mic, otherwise I'd have remembered it myself last night and done it myself. But the turret on the carrier can be such a difference maker for the first area when attacking on Kharg Island. It puts down a hell of a lot of suppression fire and pins the enemies back from advancing any further be it on foot, tank or air.

Just two other things to note. Especially on Rush, if no one is running Recon (I use it quite a bit I know but that aside for a sec). If one person is alive, when 3 others are down. Under most circumstances that person needs to play defence hard and act as a spawn beacon for the others. It really can make a difference.

Also, reviving. I know I'm not the only to have been frustrated by this in recent times. But reviving in high traffic zones infuriates me. Reviving me or whoever else when there is a load of people basically right beside you is not good teamplay whatsoever, again just my opinion. While I do revive when I can, I don't do it blindly for the most part. If someone has to die, let them. Don't die yourself, lose ground and thus all of having to potentially spawn back at the deployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

I didnt like the new patch at first.. but after a few games i started to adjust to the changes.. you can clearly see the rise in noobs.. especially last night.. i slaughtered them in the tank (on my own i might add) until i was hit with a few javelins.. tanks are much weaker when it comes to infantry.. unless you hit ppl directly it takes 2 shots to kill.. it can get annoying if they have C4...

None of the weapons i use were effected in the patch so im happy.. i just dont like that it takes more rounds to take down ppl.. i missed a few kills last night due to me having to reload..

could someone add me on psn so i can join in on the fun, someone sent me a friend request a few weeks back but my internet was down.. im good to go now tho.. ID = Gazzamc911

sound

• Advertisement

I hate the fact that I've honed my FPS skills on the Resistance games, at least you knew your enemies were from a distance (human or chimera, depending on who you were playing as), I find myself running behind guys for a few seconds, thinking they were a teammate only for to have them turn around and kill me in BF3. I actually tend to shoot at most people that I see now, friend or foe!

I think it's to do with the fact that there's so many squads, I just get confused ... is there an easy way to spot who's on the opposing team by a marker over their head?

I know this sounds like a completely stupid question, but it's ruining my enjoyment of the game and I rarely play because of it ... hence the reason I'm still only level 4 (even though I've had the game since launch!!) :o

I hate the fact that I've honed my FPS skills on the Resistance games, at least you knew your enemies were from a distance (human or chimera, depending on who you were playing as), I find myself running behind guys for a few seconds, thinking they were a teammate only for to have them turn around and kill me in BF3. I actually tend to shoot at most people that I see now, friend or foe!

I think it's to do with the fact that there's so many squads, I just get confused ... is there an easy way to spot who's on the opposing team by a marker over their head?

I know this sounds like a completely stupid question, but it's ruining my enjoyment of the game and I rarely play because of it ... hence the reason I'm still only level 4 (even though I've had the game since launch!!) :o
    aim at them and press select..

-Ade- wrote: »

Also, reviving. I know I'm not the only to have been frustrated by this in recent times. But reviving in high traffic zones infuriates me. Reviving me or whoever else when there is a load of people basically right beside you is not good teamplay whatsoever, again just my opinion. While I do revive when I can, I don't do it blindly for the most part. If someone has to die, let them. Don't die yourself, lose ground and thus all of having to potentially spawn back at the deployment.

Duly noted however in my defence, in most cases there are usually other players in the vicinity who have engaged the opponent, only to fail or for another wave to arrive

gazzamc wrote: »
    aim at them and press select..

I thought that was to tag an enemy so others on your squad could see them on the map?

anyway it's a bit awkward trying to do that when split second timing is everything!

I thought that was to tag an enemy so others on your squad could see them on the map?

anyway it's a bit awkward trying to do that when split second timing is everything!
    it is but it puts the red thing above their head too.. best way is to shoot on sight (unless friendly fire is enabled)..

is it just me or does it seem much easier to get the suppression ribbon now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Way too easy now. Picked it up 7 times in one round last night.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Duly noted however in my defence, in most cases there are usually other players in the vicinity who have engaged the opponent, only to fail or for another wave to arrive

Wasn't directing it anyone mate, I'm sure I've been guilty of it at some stage myself anyway.

__

Suppression ribbon is damn easy to get now for sure.

is it just me or does it seem much easier to get the suppression ribbon now?
    kensutz wrote: »
    Way too easy now. Picked it up 7 times in one round last night.
    -Ade- wrote: »
    Suppression ribbon is damn easy to get now for sure.

People were complaining that it was too hard to get the ribbon. It was changed so that it is now get 4 suppression assists you get the ribbon instead of the 7 assists you needed before.

• Advertisement

ah i know ive done it so at least ill weigh up the revive on whether it benefits the team goals rather than rushing in like Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman

Advertisement