Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Is co-op the online selection (as opposed to multiplayer)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Is there still room to join this clan?

Playing with one mate currently every now and again since most of my friends list are playing MW3, and while him and me are very decent players. It can be a bit much us constantly trying to win games on our own. Prefer playing Rush or Conquest I should add.

Should add I plan on switching between MW3 and BF3 somewhat regularly but I have zero doubts about BF3 being more for me in the long run.

Plenty of room! Boards platoon currently has 63 members, just apply to it and wait for Varik (Dreadaxe) to accept. Meanwhile if you're stuck for people to play, I'm on most afternoons

PSN: genisis87

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

no co-op is playing through the campaign but with help. not sure to be honest as i cant play it. there appears to decent weapons unlocked by it too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is there still room to join this clan?

Playing with one mate currently every now and again since most of my friends list are playing MW3, and while him and me are very decent players. It can be a bit much us constantly trying to win games on our own. Prefer playing Rush or Conquest I should add.

Should also add I plan on switching between MW3 and BF3 somewhat regularly but I have zero doubts about BF3 being more for me in the long run.

And you a COD mod...ya traitor ya...:p.

Here's the link to the boards PS3 platoon on battlelog, http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241014733965/.
    Once accepted, throw up your boards/PSN name and add some names from the list.
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    Plenty of room! Boards platoon currently has 63 members, just apply to it and wait for Varik (Dreadaxe) to accept. Meanwhile if you're stuck for people to play, I'm on most afternoons

The "leaders" can add people too, found that out the other night.

F1ngers wrote: »

The "leaders" can add people too, found that out the other night.

Oooooh the leaders huh?! Think ye're better than us regular grunts huh?! :P

Battlelog is actually really cool. Shows battle reports of your last few rounds and shows who was the best assault, engineer what have you. It's actually one of the best stats sites I've used for Battlefield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

We are. FACT.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

We are. FACT.

;)

Me > Leaders > unwashed Rabble(everyone else).

how the hell do you join the battlelog?

Hygro wrote: »
    how the hell do you join the battlelog?

You have to have an EA/Origin account

I do, still can't log in. ****ing thing's telling me to buy the game ... I own the ****ing game you nobs in EA or whoever runs that site, why else would I want to join the site !!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hygro wrote: »
    I do, still can't log in. ****ing thing's telling me to buy the game ... I own the ****ing game you nobs in EA or whoever runs that site, why else would I want to join the site !!! :mad:

Are you sure you are trying to join with an origins account that is linked to your PSN account.

I think* I got it to link my PSN name to my origins name on the PS3.

*It's also possible I'm getting origins/BF3 and elite/MW3 mixed up.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

F1ngers wrote: »
    And you a COD mod...ya traitor ya...:p.

Here's the link to the boards PS3 platoon on battlelog, http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241014733965/.
    Once accepted, throw up your boards/PSN name and add some names from the list.

I should really be modding a COD2 and COD4 forum truth be told :pac:
    MW3 doesn't do anything for me, a lot of dismay aimed at the series these days from myself.

Anywhoo, I applied last night. Just waiting to be accepted now. I'll add yourself and a few of the others when I get home this afternoon :)

Cheers for the games dude. I'll tell Remi to join up with us on the battlelog thing as well. Been a little while since me and him played Rush so I hope you didn't mind us only playing that yesterday. We usually do and try and mix it up with conquest as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'll be taking a break from Battlefield for a week or so I'd say, have Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed just arrived today. Busy with real world stuff too at the moment. Will try and pop on for a game or two here and there though, weekend after next I'll definitely pop on for a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I applied there after Ade forced me to.:p PSN:Remi223

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    I applied there after Ade forced me to.:p PSN:Remi223

Ade forced me to join this.

Ade forced to join to that.

Ade forced me into the back of his white transit.

What is it with you and these hurtful allegations Remi, ungrateful Carlow folk :( :P

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

What is it with you and these hurtful allegations Remi, ungrateful Carlow folk :( :P

Stop making me do nasty things then. And you could at least put some carpet in the back of that transit.

After what I can only describe as an evil betrayal :mad: I have made it my mission in BF3 life to get your dog tags...

That Kharg rush game last night was insane. No single person on my team was actually playing to the objective. "Oh noes, someone set the charges, run away seemed to be their idea :mad: Then we'd our own grudge match, think it was 6-7 in your favour at the end of it. If only someone else tried to help me take out yer chopper :(

After what I can only describe as an evil betrayal :mad: I have made it my mission in BF3 life to get your dog tags...

That Kharg rush game last night was insane. No single person on my team was actually playing to the objective. "Oh noes, someone set the charges, run away seemed to be their idea :mad: Then we'd our own grudge match, think it was 6-7 in your favour at the end of it. If only someone else tried to help me take out yer chopper :(

Lol bring it on :pac:

Haha that chopper was ridiculous. In fairness yer man who was flying it was a good pilot and was actually doing some proper work with the missiles, but yeah I was quite surprised we stayed up in the air for so long! I got well over a dozen kills on the gunner alone. The final warehouse was in a right mess with all the bullets and missiles that hit it so there was no real place for you's to go.

Lol bring it on :pac:

Haha that chopper was ridiculous. In fairness yer man who was flying it was a good pilot and was actually doing some proper work with the missiles, but yeah I was quite surprised we stayed up in the air for so long! I got well over a dozen kills on the gunner alone. The final warehouse was in a right mess with all the bullets and missiles that hit it so there was no real place for you's to go.

When you killed me when I was inside the warehouse I was genuinely surprised as to how the hell it happened. Then when I spawned there was a massive hole in the ceiling where your rockets had blown the shite out of the building.

Spent what little of the round was remaining dying at the hands of the AAV which had bewilderingly rocked into the spawn area, where no one even tried to take it out other than me was quite annoying :( It's a big, lumbering yoke! How could no one spot the fcuking thing?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I'd be interested in playing with yous. I've played with some of you before and still have some you on my friends list. I'm a member of the clan already.

PSN: jebuslives

• Advertisement

Me and Remi were in the best lobby ever quite possible earlier this afternoon, didn't even to really try for the most part. Against each other for a couple of rounds of Rush and we were miles better than the rest. It was basically who did the best out of us two, won the match :pac: ... and then we were on the same team and it was game over for the rest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Is there anyone here on Vodafone mobile BB? And if so have you any issues joining servers? Bar one night of online play my BF3 hangs when loading game after joining a server, just black screen with the square icon flashing.

I understand Mobile BB isn't ideal but my connection is very solid COD, MW2 etc have no problems....

Feck I'm stumped really tried all the suggestions from reinstalling game deleting game data folder, opening ports putting ps3 in DMZ nothing works.

Cheers for reading and if ye have any ideas please let me know.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone up for a few games soon?

Finished the campaign this morning. Thought it was ok, had it's moments. Quite liked one song in the campaign called
    The Death of Vladimir
    but found they played the theme tune way too much.

Anyway, haven't played the multiplayer in a while and wouldn't mind a few games.

Will be on later if anyone wants a few games of Rush or Conquest. Been a few days since I played BF3 what with trying to give MW3 a chance and rank up too.

edit - on another note, only just copped onto the fact Wake Island is in the DLC pack :D First BF experience was playing that in 1943. Very much looking forward to it.

I'll be on soon ish, and will be for a good part of the day seeing as I've missed a few days cos of being knackered after work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pronter

Alright Lads, looking to play with a good team aswell, annoyin when your team do **** all haha, can i add your PSN IDs and play when im online, be class if ya could send me your PSNs.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

European players can claim their copy on November 26.

EA has reversed its decision to not offer Battlefield 3 to gamers who bought a PS3 copy of Battlefield 1943 - the publisher had said PS3 gamers were instead being given access to DLC one week before Xbox 360 players.

European gamers can claim their copy of the game this Saturday by visiting a redemption website > http://1943redemption.battlefield.com/. US gamers can claim their free copy on December 10, whilst Asian and Japanese gamers must wait until December 17.

To download your copy of Battlefield 1943 for the PlayStation 3 follow these steps.
    1. Activate your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for the PlayStation 3 using the voucher included in the game (see step #5 for additional instructions).

2. Visit 1943redemption.battlefield.com on or after the dates outlined above for your region and log in with your Origin ID and password.

3. Select your territory. Note vouchers do not work across regions.

4. You will then receive a PlayStation 3 voucher for Battlefield 1943.

5. input your voucher into the PlayStation Network store. Instructions below.
    From the XMB (cross media-bar) of the PlayStation 3 connected to a network, choose [account management] under the [PlayStation Network].
    From the menu select redeem codes.
    Enter voucher and select continue.
    Download Battlefield 1943.

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/battlefield_3/news/ps3_battlefield_3_players_to_get_free_bf_1943.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm i likely to get anything if i sell BF1943 on ebay or adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I will be on tonight for a good while so add Bubs78 if you are up for a game. Some great games last night saved Wolforager's ass on more than one occasion ;)

• Advertisement

I've been on the last while, trying out my new headphones... and will be on for some considerable time I think :)

Advertisement