Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

dorgasm wrote: »
    Had the same problem, will add again!

Whenever I try to play in a squad with the platoon, it puts me on the team and I end up losing as a result! Is everyone having this problem?

What's happening? You end up on the other team is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What's happening? You end up on the other team is it?

Yup that's it, pretty frustrating ! It even happens when I'm the one who sends out the invites and gets the squad together ha!

Yup that's it, pretty frustrating ! It even happens when I'm the one who sends out the invites and gets the squad together ha!

Do you get the option to change team at any point? Like does anyone ever leave the team with all the Boardsies on it?

Yeah the option comes up but any times it happens, the other team is always full!

Yeah the option comes up but any times it happens, the other team is always full!

Nightmare!

How many Boards players would be on out of interest?

• Advertisement

So far there is always 2-3 on for me, I've added most of the platoon I think. I'm yet to have a proper session with boards platoon people yet though.

So far there is always 2-3 on for me, I've added most of the platoon I think. I'm yet to have a proper session with boards platoon people yet though.

Yeah I'm on evenings all week so it's a balls. If I get online at all it's early in the afternoon or late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The patch should be out soon ( hopefully tomorrow or at least this weekend), there are 50 people in the platoon now so i'd say you'd easily find a squad at any time.

PSN friends list may be full for some so add people to your friend list on battlelog(does not do much now but will soon).

Cool man, think I might have added ya or vice versa! My PSN is dorgz anyway so add me if you're on!

Varik wrote: »
    The patch should be out soon ( hopefully tomorrow or at least this weekend), there are 50 people in the platoon now so i'd say you'd easily find a squad at any time.

PSN friends list may be full for some so add people to your friend list on battlelog(does not do much now but will soon).

Is the patch going to integrate Battlelog with PS3 better or something? It really should do more than it does now tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It must be you. :p
    Got your invite from you earlier, ended up on your team but not in your squad. Left my squad to join you and you weren't there to join. :(

On a separate note, any average/middling* players here want to try for the co-op trophies?
    Play them for a while on easy first, to get used to them and then go for it on hard.

*If a super-duper, ultra marine type player wants to carry me through the co-op - I wouldn't say no...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Hi lads how do I join the boards platoon?

Psn- comeraghblue

Hi lads how do I join the boards platoon?

Psn- comeraghblue

Sign up here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241014733965/.

Anyone looking to play tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone looking to play tonight.

just on.. should get in a game or 2. I'll try to join your session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

OK lads it's over a week now since release and what's everyone's feelings on the game ?

I'm a little dissapointed to be honset .

It hasn't captured my attention like BC2 did .

I find the prone to take more away from the overall game than add anything to it .
    The visuals are great but trying to identify the enemy is weirdly frustrating .. I don't know if it's the colour schemes , resolutions or enemy/friendly over head tags .
    There is something definitely wrong with hit registration . I have had at least a sec of fire on someone who then turns and kill me , also when under fire I may find cover in time only to be killed when clearly behind a building .
    Mind you this was also on the BETA so maybe something still to be fixed .

It feels closer to a COD game than a BF one which is a big no no for me .

It still is a great game but at such a early stage I already find myself avoiding certain maps .

I will stick at it and hopefully things improve .

My first impressions was that is was very similar to BC2 which is the only game i played in the series.

Not saying that is a bad thing but I was expecting a something a bit different.

The graphics are pretty average especially in comparison to the PC version, there not much better then BC2.

But whenever I play the game I think it's excellent, I barely ever played conquest in BC2 but it seems to be what i'm always playing now. I haven't come across a map that I've hated and i like the knife animations.

What do people think of the jets? These being a first time for me, they took a bit of time to control but now that I'm able to fly it I still can't get that many points. So far I've half taken down another jet. Any tips?

We should try organise a night of battlefield with the platoon. I've played a good few games with (and against) Varik (Dreadaxe) and a few others who i'm not friends with yet.

Whens the best time?

Thinking of trying to maybe perhaps set up a game tonight, try and get a squad or 2 of platoon members.

Definitely up for that!

Yeah if I'm around I'd be on for that.

• Advertisement

playing some BF now if anyone is interested. PSN below

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Thinking of trying to maybe perhaps set up a game tonight, try and get a squad or 2 of platoon members.

I'm off to cinema tonight, but will be back around 11:30 I'd say if people will still be around. I'll jump in then.

Just going on now if anyone's around.

Got a few boardies playing a game now anyone else looking for a game.

Had a few good games there lads.

Kinda went awol for the last 2, I really want to improve my jet skills. :)

Got a weird glitch, all my ribbons awarded in the game that show up at the top where staying there and being overlapped by each other.

Played for a good while tonight. With Varik from when I went online and loads of Boardsies ended up playing. Was in an all-Boards squad for ages.

I'd only played a couple of games of Rush before tonight so I apologise for how crap I was. Didn't know any of the maps in their Rush form. Did ok in one or two rounds and had what must be my best round ever attacking in Tehran Highway in the last game I played. Finished way up the leader board (for me) and had a lot of fun.

Big thanks to all the lads I played with. I think I learned a lot and it was nice to see people re-supplying, handing out first aid kits, spawning to you when you're in a good position and helping you out if you're in a gunfight.

I still find the tight maps a bit tough but I'm sure I'll get better. Got a few unlocks tonight too so looking forward to trying them out.

Had a lot of fun and hope to play with you all soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Hi lads
    I got added to the boards platoon but what next? How do I play online with you guys?
    Sorry I'm not familier Witt how it works..... What does being in a platoon actually do?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Had a lot of fun and hope to play with you all soon.

Was fun alright.

Couple of times I wasn't able to spawn on your position. :confused:

There was also a couple of occasions where I was standing beside the M-Com and the circle option wasn't there for me...We lost an M-Com because of that...:o
    Hi lads
    I got added to the boards platoon but what next? How do I play online with you guys?
    Sorry I'm not familier Witt how it works..... What does being in a platoon actually do?

You need to add us as friends on your PS3. Mention boards platoon in the message.
    There is a post by Varik on the platoon website with out boards/PSN names.

EDIT: Here is that list:
    Boards -Varik PSN Dreadaxe
    Boards -F1ngers PSN - Narnin
    Boards -WarZoneBrother PSN - cartman91
    Boards -dorgasm PSN - dorgz
    Boards -MrEko PSN - KKCat
    Boards -Klair88 PSN - klair88
    Boards -NotorietyH PSN - NotorietyH
    Boards -mixednuts PSN - SPARKYD24
    Boards -EGriff PSN - EoghanG84
    Boards -WolfForager PSN - WolfForager
    Boards -BArra PSN - Griefa
    Boards -positron PSN - greenstig
    Boards -twinsen PSN - twinsen_x
    Boards -aaronh007 PSN - genisis87
    Boards -Dobhrionn PSN - Daryl_B6893
    Boards -premdelap11 PSN - premdelap11
    Boards -nkay1985 PSN: nkay1985

• Advertisement

Hi lads

Haha I asked the same questions! It doesn't do a whole lot for a PS3 gamer. I just added a load of the lads as friends on my PSN. Within Battlefield, you can see who's online and what they're doing by pressing START from the main menu. You can then invite them or join. I joined Dreadaxe tonight and other Boardsies just appeared over time.

Advertisement