Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Just find what your comfortable with and then try and get a mix for different map types.

For me I play with a couple of guns until I find one that I'm comfortable with in almost any encounter and then what type of game I'll be playing i.e. up close or mid range.

Assault: either F2000, M416 or more recently USAS (38/58 kills on that seine rush game the other day :D)

Engineer: G36C, A91 or SCAR

Support: USAS, M249 or DAO

Recon: SKS with iron sights, USAS or PP-19

On tight maps like Seine, Metro or Bazaar, its best to use a gun that's got a good R.O.F with a red dot sight as it stands you in good stead in close quarter battles.

For more open maps like Caspian, Firestorm, Kharg it might be more suitable for you to use something with a good scope for medium to high distance. Again though, it all comes down to what you're comfortable using and what type of game you're playing...

Good advice and that was some game alright. Going to try out a few different things so I think.

Anyone interested in a few games later?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

tok9 wrote: »
    Good advice and that was some game alright. Going to try out a few different things so I think.

Anyone interested in a few games later?

Yeah was pretty epic. Thought we were gonna lose it on the bridge but somehow we clawed it back. We were down to 2 tickets or something ridiculous at that stage. But then just couldn't make the last push on the other mcom then. Too many people RPG spamming the place. Now that I think about it, a mortar would've been deadly on that mcom...

In reply to your other question... you know it :D Can't stay on too long this time though, work at 05.30 :(

Yeah was pretty epic. Thought we were gonna lose it on the bridge but somehow we clawed it back. We were down to 2 tickets or something ridiculous at that stage. But then just couldn't make the last push on the other mcom then. Too many people RPG spamming the place. Now that I think about it, a mortar would've been deadly on that mcom...

In reply to your other question... you know it :D Can't stay on too long this time though, work at 05.30 :(

Nice, i'll be on soon. Just having some food.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

i wouldnt mind having a squad with even a couple brain cells for a change :P

SteeveSmith

add me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Carefree_Ste
    Mainly playing BF3..
    Doooo it

• Advertisement

sea_monkey wrote: »
    i wouldnt mind having a squad with even a couple brain cells for a change :P

SteeveSmith

add me please!

Probably best to go in a squad on your own :pac:
    Soby wrote: »
    Carefree_Ste
    Mainly playing BF3..
    Doooo it

I don't take orders...

But will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Anyone else problems with Servers ?

Server browser returns "no servers"

And quick match fails to find any ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

mixednuts wrote: »

Yeh having the same trouble here , can't get into one via quick match and managed twice to get into the same dice server via server browser but nobody can move from where they spawn in it ( had to quit it twice ):mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Having quick match problems myself. Picking the server seems to work out though, at least for me.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

mixednuts wrote: »

Servers have been shocking lately.

Myself, Remi and Tok9 in the past couple of days have had to wait for near 10 minutes to get into a game sometimes!

As well as that, getting kicked mid-game every now and again plus the game freezing, likewise for the others.

• Advertisement

Will be on in the next 30 mins or so playing a bit of Rush mainly if anyone wants to join us I should add.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Having serious problems getting a game. Can't get into conquest at all.

Axlsnake is my psn

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

yeah lots of quick match problems takes a few minutes to find any game so when i do i usually stay in the server.

Mine just froze... and has done several times this week

Good games guys. Good putting voices to names despite static or whatever it was being a pain. Will be on tomorrow for sure. Sooner I finish ranking up in MW3, the sooner I get rid of it once and for all.. and the sooner more hours will be put into BF3! :)

___

Yeah froze 3 times in those couple of hours :/ Too many times now this week it's happened.

Mine just froze... and has done several times this week

Same here, its been happening a nice bit this week. Hope Dice sort it out!

Just looking at my stats on Battlelog. Played 55 hours 55 minutes!! Can't believe i've played it that much. I think it's safe to say I'm addicted! :D

Only 3 ribbons left to get too. Melee Ribbon, Air warfare Ribbon and stationary emplacement ribbon.

Good games guys. Good putting voices to names despite static or whatever it was being a pain. Will be on tomorrow for sure. Sooner I finish ranking up in MW3, the sooner I get rid of it once and for all.. and the sooner more hours will be put into BF3! :)

___

Yeah froze 3 times in those couple of hours :/ Too many times now this week it's happened.

Good games indeed, when we could find a match... and when we were all on the same team

Should be on tomorrow myself, probably for a lot of the day as I'm off work due to not being able to breathe properly the last few days :/
    Same here, its been happening a nice bit this week. Hope Dice sort it out!

Just looking at my stats on Battlelog. Played 55 hours 55 minutes!! Can't believe i've played it that much. I think it's safe to say I'm addicted! :D

Only 3 ribbons left to get too. Melee Ribbon, Air warfare Ribbon and stationary emplacement ribbon.

I'm currently on 103 hours 43 minutes :o

I've a few ribbons to get though; motion sensor one, suppression assist, the two for squad deathmatch and the two for team deathmatch.

Funnily enough, the only melee ribbons I have all came in the same round. Stabbed 12 enemies, 9 of them were the same guy :pac:

Grand. Going on in a few minutes anyway, bit under the weather so might not use the headset today but we'll see..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

I'll be on in 10mins or so

I Play rush & conquest and use Assault, I also play for the team/squad (reviving & saviour etc)

Add me if you haven't already -
    PSN
    ComeraghBlue

Just finished up there for a bit. Bloody froze me out of the last game and when I rejoined I was on the other team. We nearly made an epic comeback though.

A lot of Boardies online.

• Advertisement

Just finished up there for a bit. Bloody froze me out of the last game and when I rejoined I was on the other team. We nearly made an epic comeback though.

A lot of Boardies online.

Was a great match. Dunno how my team managed to lose the flags, but I think when one of your lads took C I knew we were in for a hammering towards the end. Once you've a team trapped between the two flags at B they're fooked really.

That Noshair match was epic. I don't think I've been in a match that lasted that long before.

Great to see so many online this afternoon.

Your dead right about the Noshar Canals game where it was something like 2 tickets left for us and 6 for them.

I was top for the entire match until the very last second someone jumped to top spot. Couldn't get into the BIE squad either as it was full so had to work alone

The trick for me on that map is grab a jeep and just drive to each flag.

Will there be many on at about 8 or so? Wouldn't mind another few games!

Ohhh yes :D I need to add to my current total of 104 hours 56 minutes...

Also have to try this new fangled thing of C4ing vehicles and NOT killing myself :/

Ohhh yes :D I need to add to my current total of 104 hours 56 minutes...

Also have to try this new fangled thing of C4ing vehicles and NOT killing myself :/

Had to check mine after seeing your time - up to 57 hours and 5 mins. I've a bit to go to catch up to you!

Also just 22 kills away from 3000 kills.

Had to check mine after seeing your time - up to 57 hours and 5 mins. I've a bit to go to catch up to you!

Also just 22 kills away from 3000 kills.

Heh, you'll get there eventually... Even I didn't think I'd be playing this long

Dunno if you've them unlocked but the F2000 and the G36C have got me my most kills. Both deadly at close range

My current top 5 looks like this

F2000: 716
    G36C: 655
    USAS: 568
    M416: 387
    Knife: 160

Heh, you'll get there eventually... Even I didn't think I'd be playing this long

Dunno if you've them unlocked but the F2000 and the G36C have got me my most kills. Both deadly at close range

My current top 5 looks like this

F2000: 716
    G36C: 655
    USAS: 568
    M416: 387
    Knife: 160

Both weapons are the next unlocks on the assault and Engineer class. I've been killed a lot by those 2 weapons, FAMAS and the USAS. The USAS is a ridiculous weapon! It has some range on it for a shotgun.

I really like the UMP-45. My top 5 is:

M27 IAR: 620
    RPK-74M: 526
    UMP-45: 300
    SCAR-H: 218
    M416: 166

I've only 29 knife kills compared to your 160! You love your dog tags! :D

Both weapons are the next unlocks on the assault and Engineer class. I've been killed a lot by those 2 weapons, FAMAS and the USAS. The USAS is a ridiculous weapon! It has some range on it for a shotgun.

I really like the UMP-45. My top 5 is:

M27 IAR: 620
    RPK-74M: 526
    UMP-45: 300
    SCAR-H: 218
    M416: 166

I've only 29 knife kills compared to your 160! You love your dog tags! :D

USAS is more of a "you kill me with it, I'll kill you with it type weapon", it certainly is ridiculous at any range. Especially when equipped with frag rounds. Serious amount of suppression effect from it. And also leads to many a suicide in tight spaces :/

Don't love the tags so much, more so the stabbing effect :D

This might in the battlefield forum already but in case you havent seen it then here it is for the BIE platoon
    Noob Hunter -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1IVeKFHHnA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

When is the USAS unlocked ?

Is it under a specific class or is it under general unlock ?

Fecking thing is a beast .

Advertisement