Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

tok9 wrote: »

What do people think of the jets? These being a first time for me, they took a bit of time to control but now that I'm able to fly it I still can't get that many points. So far I've half taken down another jet. Any tips?

Noticed a few people asking for tips on the jets, what i've found out is you cant do anything other than fly or crash without leveling up. Very hard to level up using the machine gun on it. What i did was switch to an engineer class with the
    M15 AT mine equipped and leave loads of them bad boys at the enemy RU deployment.

Then get into a jet and stay airbourne!

With a bit of luck you'll destroy/disable enemy vehicles and the XP will count towards the jet! its much easier with flares and heat seeking rockets! you only need about a 1000xp for both so 5 or 6 vehicles and your sorted!

Extra tip, use the explosive+ ammo thingy so you can leave 6+ mines down at a time for increased chances! see you online!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

F1ngers wrote: »
    On a separate note, any average/middling* players here want to try for the co-op trophies?
    Play them for a while on easy first, to get used to them and then go for it on hard.

*If a super-duper, ultra marine type player wants to carry me through the co-op - I wouldn't say no...:p

Id be up for doing the co-op with ya Narnin, havent played them much yet but wanna get the platinum, campaign on hard was simple. just need to get the co-op done on hard and ill be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Hello folks, really getting into this now sick of people not working together!!

Can I get added to the boards platoon

Axlsnake is my PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Also lads, if you want to add a clan tag you have to do it on Battlelog (or at least thats the only way I could find)

On battlelog, click on your name, then click edit profile and there is a small textbox, to the left is a pic of the soldier and to the right is your username and dog tags, enter it in here.

The boards clan is BIE.

Also here is an updated list of everyone in the battlelog that has commented (and the post above):

Boards -Varik PSN- Dreadaxe
    Boards -F1ngers PSN- Narnin
    Boards -WarZoneBrother PSN- cartman91
    Boards -dorgasm PSN- dorgz
    Boards -MrEko PSN- KKCat
    Boards -Klair88 PSN- klair88
    Boards -NotorietyH PSN- NotorietyH
    Boards -mixednuts PSN- SPARKYD24
    Boards -EGriff PSN- EoghanG84
    Boards -WolfForager PSN- WolfForager
    Boards -BArra PSN- Griefa
    Boards -positron PSN- greenstig
    Boards -twinsen PSN- twinsen_x
    Boards -aaronh007 PSN- genisis87
    Boards -Dobhrionn PSN- Daryl_B6893
    Boards -premdelap11 PSN- premdelap11
    Boards -nkay1985 PSN- nkay1985
    Boards -tok9 PSN- SPUD_1231
    Boards -Chavways PSN- Chavways
    Boards -bigfootsdiick PSN- saucyboi
    Boards -SirIrish PSN- SirIrish
    Boards -Kensutz PSN- Kensutz (?)
    Boards -jimmy9999 PSN- jimmy1979
    Boards -harpy PSN- mcowhey
    Boards -Clover PSN- Rubber_Matt
    Boards -paddy_eire PSN- bohstillidie
    Boards -comeraghblue PSN- comeraghblue (?)
    Boards -James_Forde PSN- Axlsnake

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Klair88 wrote: »
    Id be up for doing the co-op with ya Narnin, havent played them much yet but wanna get the platinum, campaign on hard was simple. just need to get the co-op done on hard and ill be sorted.

I haven't played any of them at all.
    Won't be on til wednesday(if you see me on, it's my son - one online pass).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I haven't played any of them at all.
    Won't be on til wednesday(if you see me on, it's my son - one online pass).

When the Account with the pass is on the system does it not work for all accounts.

Varik wrote: »
    When the Account with the pass is on the system does it not work for all accounts.

On my PS3 it works for all accounts.
    However there is a PS3 in his room, so if he wants to play BF3 he uses my account.

On my PS3 it works for all accounts.
    However there is a PS3 in his room, so if he wants to play BF3 he uses my account.

I'm pretty sure if he just downlands the pass on his PS3it'll work too. May have to download it through your PSN though.

Also made great progress with the jet. Managed the take down 2 jets with my machine gun and a vehicle with 2 people inside! :) was delighted! Got my heatseekers.

I'm pretty sure if he just downlands the pass on his PS3it'll work too. May have to download it through your PSN though.

Never thought of that.
    It worked.
    Was kinda hoping he'd help improve my k/d ratio...:o
    Also made great progress with the jet. Managed the take down 2 jets with my machine gun and a vehicle with 2 people inside! :) was delighted! Got my heatseekers.

Got into a jet last night, controls were inverted, after a few seconds I flew out of the area and died...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Got into a jet last night, controls were inverted, after a few seconds I flew out of the area and died...:o

I can keep a jet in the air, and that's all I'm good for. Helicopter though? I've carried over my crapness at flying them. Still managing to flip them into the ground and kill everyone on board :o

By-the-by, I'll be on tonight, from around 7 so if anyone wants to squad up? Wasn't able to join last night as I was working but am free this evening til about 11 or 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I can keep a jet in the air, and that's all I'm good for. Helicopter though? I've carried over my crapness at flying them. Still managing to flip them into the ground and kill everyone on board :o

By-the-by, I'll be on tonight, from around 7 so if anyone wants to squad up? Wasn't able to join last night as I was working but am free this evening til about 11 or 12

I'll be on this evening too probably not too long after you. If I haven't added you, add me: nkay1985. Hopefully there'll be a few on again.

I'll probably be on too. Might be playing dark souls but if i see a few on I'll probably switch to Battlefield

I'll be on for a good bit anyway but I've to head off for a shower and shave at 10.30/11 as I'm working for the MTV EMA after-party

Sorry lads, my connection crapped out.

Don't even think we got to be on the same squad either :( We were on the same side for Seine though as I remember being stuck inside a white van with fire coming from all directions and only nkay1985 being there getting shot to bits as well. Died in said white van too... from an rpg :(

Will be on again tomorrow, probably around the same time.

I got to play with ye but I was never in your squad! :(

I'll be playing again tomorrow anyway.

Got rocket pods for the Jet, time to rain doom from above. Heat seekers are gone in favour of rockets but there's not much use for them anyway, if someone does not have flares then they have not spent much time in a jet and won't be much trouble.

Does anyone know what slot the guided shells take on tanks, currently have Zoom, LMG(HMG sometimes), and autoloader.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Had a couple of good games there before my internet died and I took it as a sign to quit and not be wrecked for work in the morning! Had a couple of disastrous games myself earlier this evening and had to quit mid match to preserve my sanity (and controller) got back on tonight and it all clicked again!

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Had a couple of good games there before my internet died and I took it as a sign to quit and not be wrecked for work in the morning! Had a couple of disastrous games myself earlier this evening and had to quit mid match to preserve my sanity (and controller) got back on tonight and it all clicked again!

Yeah you were playing some stuff. Absolutely killed it on Operation Metro just before I left.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah you were playing some stuff. Absolutely killed it on Operation Metro just before I left.

I just had one of those games where everything fell into place. Seemed like people were just running in front of my gun, got lucky being in the right place at the right time a lot! I think it was partly because my buddy was on the other team and we were having a nice battle throughout the games, it made me extra careful though because I was terrified he'd get my dogtags! So taking my time and being slightly more cautious probably paid off. I tend to rush into situations a bit too quickly in Battlefield. Always takes a couple of bad rounds for me to calm down and become more clinical.

I was having a great time in Kharg Island. Was flying a jet when I had to jump out. Landed right next to the enemy deployment area, spotted 2 soldiers after spawning and dropped a few c4 on the road. They made a bad call jumping into a tank :) Did the same thing again about 2 mins later and headed away to D after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

If your Recon class please use these tips ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I'd like to play

UltrFlat my psn id i play support and medic more so support... :D s that means if you need cover you tell me and il give the opposition a rain of terror :cool:

:)

I was having a great time in Kharg Island. Was flying a jet when I had to jump out. Landed right next to the enemy deployment area, spotted 2 soldiers after spawning and dropped a few c4 on the road. They made a bad call jumping into a tank :) Did the same thing again about 2 mins later and headed away to D after.

I had a great run with C4 against tanks for a while last weekend, it's such a great feeling, running up unseen and setting the charges, then running away trying to time your explosion so you don't get caught in the blast too! Great fun.

Had one of my favourite 'Battlefield' moments on Kharg Island the week before last too, was taking a jet for a spin, got shot down and bailed out pretty high up in the air. As I floated down aimlessly I remembered that I had the the Stinger missle launcher. Got a lock on an enemy helicopter half way across the map and took it out as I parachuted down. Landed near an enemy checkpoint and captured it. Had a grin on my face for a while afterwards!

I had a great run with C4 against tanks for a while last weekend, it's such a great feeling, running up unseen and setting the charges, then running away trying to time your explosion so you don't get caught in the blast too! Great fun.

Had one of my favourite 'Battlefield' moments on Kharg Island the week before last too, was taking a jet for a spin, got shot down and bailed out pretty high up in the air. As I floated down aimlessly I remembered that I had the the Stinger missle launcher. Got a lock on an enemy helicopter half way across the map and took it out as I parachuted down. Landed near an enemy checkpoint and captured it. Had a grin on my face for a while afterwards!

That sounds excellent.

Also I completely agree about the C4. Nothing like planting it and legging it. It's something that never gets old!

The C4 on tanks can be avoided if the driver has a proper gunner watching his back and keeping an eye out for C4 flankers... something I've yet to find in BF3 :(

If I'm the driver, I'm looking down the main turret so I'm watching the front, if you're the gunner, you should be looking 360 and not just spraying bullets giving the position away :mad: Every single time I get into a tank I have to go into 3rd person view just so I don't get snuck up on. Aiming is terrible that way though... seriously terrible

Anyone up for a few games.

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone up for a few games.

There looks to be a few online as it is. I'll probably join soon enough too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Why is that in BF3 i can't fly helicopters for **** yet in BFBC2 i was quite adept at it.

Oh and in case it needed to be said (which it probably doesn't) this game is ****ing beautiful. (Gameplay wise)

• Advertisement

I just had one of those games where everything fell into place. Seemed like people were just running in front of my gun, got lucky being in the right place at the right time a lot! I think it was partly because my buddy was on the other team and we were having a nice battle throughout the games, it made me extra careful though because I was terrified he'd get my dogtags! So taking my time and being slightly more cautious probably paid off. I tend to rush into situations a bit too quickly in Battlefield. Always takes a couple of bad rounds for me to calm down and become more clinical.

Yeah Slksht who was playing with us is my younger brother. He got set up in a right spot holding the left side of the ticket hall. He has an infra red sight on the M249 (plating support) and it's unreal! I just stuck to the right stairwell next to where the opposition kept trying to push. Had a couple of forays to A as well.

Speaking of amazing moments while parachuting I was with the brother this evening and he was about two kill someone when he got shot by a SMAW. Thought that was a bit weird as we didn't see anyone. Kill am shows some lad parachuting in with his SMAW out! Must have been some shot to hit him while falling from the sky with a manually aimed rocket.

Advertisement